Thread: Controversial Cinema-Related Opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is what comes of having an autistic child who has to watch Jurassic Park with me up to the bit where the TRex chases the jeep every morning, you notice little things that aggravate you

Why does Ian Malcolm say ‘what have they got in there, King Kong?’ as they enter the park when his character KNOWS there is a TRex in there, it’s just an annoying filmmakers reference to another film that now takes me out of it

now when he says that I shout at the TV, you know there’s a TRex in there, what is wrong with you

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Why does Ian Malcolm say ‘what have they got in there, King Kong?’ as they enter the park when his character KNOWS there is a TRex in there, it’s just an annoying filmmakers reference to another film that now takes me out of it
    I always saw that line as Malcolm commenting on how ridiculous the theatricality of the whole thing was. Based on his comments later in the film, he's clearly not a fan of how one of the greatest scientific advances in human history was turned into a marketing gimmick.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I mean, holy shit.