Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    weird that I agree with both of you at the same time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    These criticisms are wholly the fault of the band. They chose this identity, and if they didn't want to be held accountable to it, they should have chosen something else. The political landscape and the musical landscape have both changed.

You can't really call these criticisms "being negative about everything" because they are so bluntly valid. It's as funny as it is sad.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    A band looks like old men in comparison to their prime years from 25 years ago? Who knew?? *GASP*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rage were pretty much the first band I fell in love with, but I never had the chance to see them perform live back in their heyday. So, while I'm sure I'm biased, the fact that I might finally get to see them live has me incredibly excited. Even if they are just playing songs from 25 or 30 years ago.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i saw them twice in the late 90s and they did not disappoint. i find it funny that people criticize them for “selling out”. Are they to fade away and become poor just coz their rebellion songs are 30 years old? the music suggests they support communism policies but at no time did they ever say they didn’t want to make money off their art.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A lot of their political criticisms are still valid decades later. Which we should probably view as a problem with our country, as opposed to the music.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    A lot of their political criticisms are still valid decades later. Which we should probably view as a problem with our country, as opposed to the music.
    i think it’s weird that they’re held to some imaginary standard that people think they set for themselves. That has never been the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Morello was on Howard Stern a few weeks ago. Stern went off on what a piece of shit Fidel Castro is and how he can't understand how anyone could ever support him. Then he asks Morello what he thinks of Castro. Morello danced around the question and then said he doesn't want to answer it because it will upset the sponsors of his Sirius radio show. So you can figure out the rest. Tommy boy clearly is a Fidel Castro supporter.
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 04-12-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Yeah, we heard you the first time you posted exactly the same post. Got any fresh dirt on anyone?
    Last edited by fillow; 04-11-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Why isn't he banned again yet? Shit's annoying as FUCK. And that's even with him being blocked. Damn near every thread here has his BS and I'm officially sick of it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Why isn't he banned again yet? Shit's annoying as FUCK. And that's even with him being blocked. Damn near every thread here has his BS and I'm officially sick of it.

Because there is a thing called freedom of speech. Go to your safe spot next time you get triggered. I was repeating what I had heard from Morello during his interview on the Howard Stern show from last month. If that triggers you, call up Sirius Radio and demand the interview be removed from their archives

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Excuse me, what?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Atlas_Underground

Oh that's not nearly as exciting but at least it's not another Nightwatchman album. Probably a tour announcement.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yep, new album that isn't RATM.

01. Harlem Hellfighter
    02. Highway to Hell (featuring Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder)
    03. Let’s Get The Party Started (featuring Bring Me The Horizon)
    04. Driving to Texas (featuring Phantogram)
    05. The War Inside (featuring Chris Stapleton)
    06. Hold The Line (featuring grandson)
    07. Naraka (featuring Mike Posner)
    08. The Achilles List (featuring Damian Marley)
    09. Night Witch (featuring phem)
    10. Charmed I’m Sure (featuring Protohype)
    11. Save Our Souls (featuring Dennis Lyxzén of Refused)
    12. On The Shore Of Eternity (featuring Sama’ Abdulhadi)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Booooooooo how dare you, Tom.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There are heavy rumors that the Rage tour is going to be postponed again, and dropping out of Coachella.

Again rumors, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Honestly, I've been half expecting it since at least October. As much as I want to go to this, at this point, they should just cancel it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    at this point, they should just cancel it.
    No, they shouldn't because getting floor tickets for all of my friends going was not easy! It would really suck to see it pushed back AGAIN (it's already happening 2 full years later than originally planned, after all), but I'll be happy as long as it happens eventually.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    No, they shouldn't because getting floor tickets for all of my friends going was not easy!
    Exactly. I have tickets I am very happy with for two of the MSG shows and I do not want to go through that again.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well Rage is officially out of Coachella now, so I would imagine the tour postponement 3.0 is coming by the end of the week. Godammit. At this point can't we just still have the shows and let all the idiot RATM fans who voted for Trump show up and catch it and just kinda... let it take care of itself?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I honestly think a big part of this is Zach doesn't have much interest in doing the shows in the first place, so pushing them off is a pretty easy decision. I can't prove this of course, but his deafening silence even after announcing all these shows doesn't make me confident.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I honestly think a big part of this is Zach doesn't have much interest in doing the shows in the first place, so pushing them off is a pretty easy decision. I can't prove this of course, but his deafening silence even after announcing all these shows doesn't make me confident.
    I know this is selfish but I'm disappointed at all of the music and stuff he's recorded over the years and keeps saying "it's not what I want to release at this time".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Brad Wilk also had surgery again recently...so maybe they didn't want to commit or something too. Hard to tell anymore...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ra...torn-meniscus/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Some of the dates have been postponed to a confirmed later date, some of the other dates have also been postponed but not confirmed.

Last edited by cahernandez; 01-20-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I don't know if they have any additional info that wasn't released to fans, but my local radio station (93X) said the postponed dates (including my show in Minneapolis) are pushed back to 2023 – a full 3 years from when tickets went on sale. I'm beginning to think this tour will never happen. I'd bet on them postponing the other half of the 2022 shows in a couple of months. And whenever they reschedule the postponed dates, I'm sure there will be yet another new variant peaking during that time. I'm so fucking over COVID...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I don't know if they have any additional info that wasn't released to fans, but my local radio station (93X) said the postponed dates (including my show in Minneapolis) are pushed back to 2023 – a full 3 years from when tickets went on sale. I'm beginning to think this tour will never happen. I'd bet on them postponing the other half of the 2022 shows in a couple of months. And whenever they reschedule the postponed dates, I'm sure there will be yet another new variant peaking during that time. I'm so fucking over COVID...
    I don't know why they are delaying the tour. I just saw Tool this past Sunday, and it was sold out. Timmy C's mentioned in an interview last year that they wanted to play venues at full capacity, so that's not an issue (there are other bands playing at full capacity right now, the Omicron wave will be over by the time the tour starts). Do they want to have the tour without people wearing masks? That'd be really stupid. I don't mind wearing a mask at a show.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 01-20-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I don't know why they are delaying the tour. I just saw Tool this past Sunday, and it was sold out. Timmy C's mentioned in an interview last year that they wanted to play venues at full capacity, so that's not an issue (there are other bands playing at full capacity right now, the Omicron wave will be over by the time the tour starts). Do they want to have the tour without people wearing masks? That'd be really stupid. I don't mind wearing a mask at a show.
    willingly submit to anything and everything a self serving politician tells ya, that's the spirit! just keep accepting it and soon you'll have NOTHING.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    willingly submit to anything and everything a self serving politician tells ya, that's the spirit! just keep accepting it and soon you'll have NOTHING.
    how about you take your anti mask bullshit elsewhere? in case you haven’t noticed, there’s a pandemic going on. people living in asian countries have been wearing masks for decades for a myriad of reasons, some of which include viruses. the science is there even if you don’t want to accept it. im less worried about self serving politicians (who don’t give a fuck if you wear a mask either) and more worried about the selfish assholes who don’t give a shit about the health and safety of people they don’t know.