Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hi there, I'm Ruben. Brief intro to me: 22, student, I've been to three NIN shows (5/15/09 and 11/9/13 in Phoenix and 11/16/13 in Vegas). I hope to meet more awesome people than what I've already met via the nin.com forums and the shows themselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys. New fan here. I'd been living under a rock. This is awkward. I only discovered NIN, er, two months ago. The impact could be likened to a brain explosion. And now I've got tickets to concerts in Riga and Prague. Do want another one. All of them. I want everything. YES.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hello everyone, i'm newly joined this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone.
    Greetings from Portugal.

I've been hearing NIN stuff since '94 and never stopped since then.

Regards
    Toolsahde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    howdy gang,

Ive been on here years ago but stopped posting on forums generally for a while

big into basketball, wrestling, comics and general cool stuff

so yeah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi...I had an account here (with this username) back in 2004/5 ish...

I have just spent the last 3 nights seeing Nin (2 syd shows & Newcastle) so thought Id jump back here to see what's happening with ets!

Margot

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've been lurking for ages and have been on the NIN subreddit for a while; obviously a passionate NIN fan, got to see them for the first time last year (which happened to be my first concert ever as well, with Gary Numan as opener, so I'm essentially spoiled for life). Got tired of reading threads and not responding, so here I am! Looking forward to joining you, finally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup....HELLO!! New flaccid member here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, my name is Andrew and I've been an alcoholic for 13 years. I feel I drink to silence the boredom and to escape reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello there! I used to have an account on here but I have no idea what the username was. The few times I did post and check out ETS, some guy sent me The Making of Closer on some dvd-r's cos for some reason at that time I couldn't download them or whatever. If he's reading this: THANK YOU! I think that was back in '06. MAYBE '07/'08. In the early 2000s, I was a frequent visitor of thefragile.com where I posted on its message boards under LadyReznorNIN. Not sure how much time I have to frequent here. I used to love the NIN message boards. I'm hoping I can have a good time again here. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello! I'm no good with forums but decided to register here a couple of months ago when I discovered this place. Seems great!
    I got introduced to NIN in the nineties. Just recently rediscovered the band and bought the latest albums. I'm still in love with what I hear but now with a different angle.
    I'm 35 and I'm from southern Finland. And looking forward to seeing NIN live next month

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone!

I'm also new to this forum, i registered beginning of this month, so now finally the first post.
    I'm 19, living in The Netherlands. and pretty much a young and new fan. i discovered NIN around 2012.
    I've seen them last year at Pukkelpop, even though that wasn't the greatest of NIN, i still loved it and it was the first time seeing NIN. after that i got more obsessed(no way back now :P). looking forward to post more often now. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello!
    I listened to NIN because i liked new Guns N' Roses and his guitarrist was robin finck. Some years ago i had a friend who was a producer and he sent me some unrealesed "trent reznor/ross talking" and "demo 4-19".
    Well, i also don't like to post my personal information
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there

Longtime NIN fan from Helsinki, Finland here and have been lurking these forums for some time.

Excited to see them for the second time here in Helsinki.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I'm a Newbie. Today is my 2nd month anniversary as a NIN fan. I saw them when they toured Australia with Queens of the Stone Age. I'm a massive QOTSA fan, but didn't really know too much about NIN. And then when I saw NIN first, they blew me away. I bought TDS two days later and haven't looked back. I've got PHM and The Fragile too and I haven't stopped listening to them every day. I will buy further albums in the future. I see people on here who have been NIN fans for 20 years, I hope no one judges me here for being a newbie, even though I am very late to the party.

BTW, I am a nearly 37 year old Asian Australian female who resides south of Sydney, Australia

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I signed up to your forum as I've been looking for a good place to hang out and chat about music for a while.

Music is my only real passion in life other than reading. I listen to just about anything, and I hate the whole walls of "genres" bearing everything apart. Most of my stuff leans on Psychedelic Rock, Blues, Jazz, Industrial, Electro-Dance, even a bit of Latin/Salsa music that I find to be fun.

I didn't sign up for this place as an NIN fan. Granted, I would be a liar if I didn't admit to being a fan, but I have not kept up with Trent in a very long time. The most recent NIN record I own is With Teeth, and that shows you how much time has swept me on by. I guess I would say The Downward Spiral or The Fragile are my favorite NIN records, with Broken being in the middle as the third wife to the polygamous affair.
    I listen to so much different music, but I guess if I have followed anyone over the years, it's Gary Numan. He is the one musician I've always been loyal to, and by that you can label me a kiss ass fan boy that likes to defend him when I see people talking shit about him. I first became aware of Numan when I was still a teenager at the release of Exile, and that was my first album I bought of his, right after hearing Cars on the radio. LOL imagine that, hear Cars and pick up Exile and it's totally different.
    I have a deep respect for Trent Reznor even though I don't follow him like some of you do. I believe he's the only person that I have found that comes close to carrying Numan's torch, and for that, I have nothing but love for the guy.

This forum came up in a search I made on Google for Ministry. I was originally looking to see what's been going on with our comrade Paul Barker, and this forum popped up in the search. I read the entire 24 pages and laughed very hard. It was refreshing to see since it's been a while I seen an actual discussion of Ministry with varying opinions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was supposed to introduce myself.
    But i didn't feel like it.
    I didn't think anyone would read it or care to know who I am.
    I'm just a strange name with a face you can't see and voice you can't hear.
    I am a person who is irrelevant and not really useful.
    The only true purpose I serve is to get your neurons to fire off in a specific pattern...
    To wonder about me.

I am here to simply make you curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hay im 8 yrs old

Nah, just kidding. Names Vega. You'll probably see me around at some point... or not.

Either way, cheers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    hay im 8 yrs old

Nah, just kidding. Names Vega. You'll probably see me around at some point... or not.

Either way, cheers.
    Welcome Vega, I hope you enjoy your stay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Welcome Vega, I hope you enjoy your stay
    Hey! Never seen you before.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    hay im 8 yrs old

Either way, cheers.
    It made me wonder if you already saw this thread of mine.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...s-amp-Children

And well, what GlitchyFlame said. Have a nice stay.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    hay im 8 yrs old

Either way, cheers.
    Welcome!!!

Stay away from us girls. We bite. JK...Maybe

Enjoy your stay here!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I've been lurking for ages and have been on the NIN subreddit for a while; obviously a passionate NIN fan, got to see them for the first time last year (which happened to be my first concert ever as well, with Gary Numan as opener, so I'm essentially spoiled for life). Got tired of reading threads and not responding, so here I am! Looking forward to joining you, finally.
    I've also always noticed that you were among the bigger NIN fans on Provider Module. I could understand your reasons for leaving it though, although I was a bit surprised that you didn't join ETS any sooner. I also promoted ETS there, which also ended up in their NIN thread. And well, at least ETS worked out a lot better for you. I also had a hunch that you'd instantly gel well with this place. In case you might've forgotten, or didn't know due to my name change, I was also Kris over there. (But I also used to be KSalavante.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-18-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    hay im 8 yrs old
    asl?
    ten chars

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I've also always noticed that you were among the bigger NIN fans on Provider Module. I could understand your reasons for leaving it though, although I was a bit surprised that you didn't join ETS sooner. I also promoted ETS there, which also ended up in their NIN thread. And well, at least ETS worked out a lot better for you. I also had a hunch that you'd instantly gel well with this place. In case you might've forgotten, or didn't know due to my name change, I was also Kris over there. (But I also used to be KSalavante.)
    Yeah, I recognized you here as soon as I started lurking actually!

And I just didn't want to participate in forums for a while, I was actually worried as soon as I started interacting here it would ruin it for me but I've really started to love this place. Way better fit for me than PM ever was, that's for sure.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What's PM? Like private message people exclusively?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What's PM? Like private message people exclusively?
    I was wondering if somebody would say that to its acronym, but yeah, it's Provider Module. It's the equivalent of The NIN Hotline and Echoing the Sound in one site, but just for Marilyn Manson. I don't know what you think of Marilyn Manson now, but I suppose that it's still worth checking out for anybody that even used to like him.

http://www.providermodule.com/

I also made a thread for it here.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...site-amp-Forum

Introduction inception FTW!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I personally wouldn't recommend it but if it's your thing then more power to you; you can always go and see all the dick jokes I used to make that annoyed the mods so much they collapsed all of my threads into one, though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    asl?
    ten chars
    I'd rather be deaf than have DSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hai i'm praveen chandra from chennai, just want to say hello for all.