Thread: Mix Exchange - 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Are we allowed to send a mix mp3 + goodies in the post? And then if the recipient doesn't get both you get kicked out etc.

Am I being difficult again?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Are we allowed to send a mix mp3 + goodies in the post? And then if the recipient doesn't get both you get kicked out etc.

Am I being difficult again?
    I think it is fair to demand that you not just send a link; the music should be on a physical medium of some kind... USB drive, maybe, if you literally cannot be arsed to burn a CD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think it is fair to demand that you not just send a link; the music should be on a physical medium of some kind... USB drive, maybe, if you literally cannot be arsed to burn a CD.
    I think she meant more that if you send your CD + Extras, and the recipient doesn't receive both items, there are consequences.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'd like to add: no fucking tapes, because what are you, some faggy hipster? Or if you're hellbent then at least include MP3s as well.
    I meant mix tape as a turn of phrase, hell, I don't even know where I'd find a cassette player in this day and age.
    Will specify in the first post, OPTICAL MEDIA IN THE FORM OF A COMPACT DISC, or like you say, at the very least a flash drive with MP3's.

Anyway, I'll update the first post later in the day, and I guess we'll go from there. Exciting stuff!
    Last edited by Beef of the Sea; 05-13-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    I think she meant more that if you send your CD + Extras, and the recipient doesn't receive both items, there are consequences.

Right?
    I think it was more, if you send MP3s via the internet, you have to send something else through the mail. Something physical has to be exchanged. However, if someone signs up and then doesn't send ANYTHING, then they are forbidden from future exchanges. There was a list of people who cannot participate, but I can't find it using WayBackMachine. Unless someone actually got a backup of the old board, I suppose it's lost forever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post

Right?

Right. I totally recognise the importance of getting joyful goodness in the post. It just feels redundant to send a CD - although I like Botley's USB idea. I'd rather spend the postage on sending you jam, tea, and locks of the Queen's hair.

Hence why I originally said "+ goodies in the post", retarded humans who didn't read my post properly and thought I was anti-mail.
    Last edited by icklekitty; 05-14-2012 at 04:21 AM.