Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I think what it boils down to here is Trent seems to be on this "Surprise element of NIN" kick, where he announces things on a whim and surprises everyone.
    Announces a show at a time here and there... Which doesn't seem to generally work with his fan-base for reasons you said.

I hate being left in the dark about tour plans as much as the next person. I wish he would just be transparent with us on this "touring schedule"
    People need to plan vacations. I'm sitting in the same boat as everyone else here. Each day that went by, it became less and less likely that a spring tour would happen, then all the European dates started popping up in the summer, leading to no summer North American tour. Now everyone is wondering if they should sit and wait and save their vacation or just fly to/attend the closest show to their country or wait and gamble with the possibility of a proper fall tour.

The thing is, it's all speculation at this point. Trent is known for saying things and then changing his mind. I don't want to say there isn't going to be a North American tour, but I wasn't going to take the gamble, and jumped the gun and bought a ticket to Paris. The thing is, I can't really start planning my trip until I know if there are going to be other tour dates. I'm sitting here in the dark like everyone else. I can't start booking time off or looking into hotels and flights until I know my route. Am I going to the UK before France, or after? I'm trying to make going overseas worth it so I can catch at least more than one show and hit up at least a couple country's while over there.

It sucks, but we all just kind of have to play the waiting game I guess.
    I'm from US and going to Paris > Amsterdam > Berlin and just seeing 2 NIN shows (unless they do Amsterdam). Never been to Paris and wanted to vacation in Europe this year so it kind of works out.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I'm from US and going to Paris > Amsterdam > Berlin and just seeing 2 NIN shows (unless they do Amsterdam). Never been to Paris and wanted to vacation in Europe this year so it kind of works out.
    Same here. I'm from Canada though. I've never been to Europe before. My girlfriend and I wanted to travel there this summer for a festival, but we were a tad late and all the hotels around them are booked now, and we don't do camping, so we decided to put off a European festival until Summer 2019 where we can actually plan a bit better, but then these NIN shows started popping up. She's French-Canadian and always wanted to go to Paris, so it kind of works out. So far all we got was Paris, but I'm hoping the UK gets added to the itinerary, as the plan is to take the last 2 weeks of June off and head to the UK for the first week, and then France for the second week.

I don't know if I should sit and play the waiting game and hope that the UK gets something before the Paris show, or just gamble with the rumored Amsterdam show. The Amsterdam show is a little out of the way with our travel plans though.

Also, glad to know we're not the only crazy nuts flying over from North America for this, lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-30-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Same here. I'm from Canada though. I've never been to Europe before. My girlfriend and I wanted to travel there this summer for a festival, but we were a tad late and all the hotels around them are booked now, and we don't do camping, so we decided to put off a European festival until Summer 2019 where we can actually plan a bit better, but then these NIN shows started popping up. She's French-Canadian and always wanted to go to Paris, so it kind of works out. So far all we got was Paris, but I'm hoping the UK gets added to the itinerary, as the plan is to take the last 2 weeks of June off and head to the UK for the first week, and then France for the second week.

I don't know if I should sit and play the waiting game and hope that the UK gets something before the Paris show, or just gamble with the rumored Amsterdam show. The Amsterdam show is a little out of the way with our travel plans though.

Also, glad to know we're not the only crazy nuts flying over from North America for this, lol.
    Indeed. I am going solo and don't really like doing the "night life" things alone, so shows (and holy shit, NIN) are perfect honestly. I can explore the cities and do tourist things during the day.

That being said, if any of you NA NIN fans are interesting in meeting up, PM me!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I'm jealous, that sounds fun. My wife wants to go all of these places and I keep telling her the formula is pretty simple. Wait till T-Rez tours somewhere you want to go and I'll make it happen.