Thread: The Apple Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    use an external hard drive to transfer it over to the new computer (or a network transfer - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204445 ) and put it in the iTunes media folder. then just drag it all into iTunes (if you organize your library chronologically like me, you will want to add them one album at a time, which can be VERY time consuming). you can also use migration assistant to transfer files, but it can get a bit annoying.
    Yeah, I just point my iTunes media to an external drive and keep bringing that forward when I get a new machine. Saves so much time. And after my last external took a dive off my desk and became nonfunctioning, I've decided that as I encode thing, I'll also back up on to thumb drives and keep those somewhere safe.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Yeah, I just point my iTunes media to an external drive and keep bringing that forward when I get a new machine. Saves so much time. And after my last external took a dive off my desk and became nonfunctioning, I've decided that as I encode thing, I'll also back up on to thumb drives and keep those somewhere safe.
    yeah, that's what i do, too. my library is actually located on the external drive so it doesn't take up room on my computer.