Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Rand Paul nailed it and is the only politician to come anywhere near that level. That should tell you how likely it is that we will ever see national legislation that changes the police militarization in a meaningful way... unless citizens and their officials decide to change. Watching Rand Paul come out *way* left of the democrats AND with a workable plan of attack seriously has me changing my views on him though.

That said, I'm glad a large portion of the country is actually starting to talk about this problem that is heavily rooted in the War on Drugs and War on Terror. It's kind of surreal to hear everyone saying shit that Ice-T was saying in the early 90's. I could go on and on about how much we need to change things, but most of it was already covered above.

As for the topic of the Mike Brown killing, I really think people need to let it go to court. Brown's judge, jury, and executioner was a cop... and that is FUCKED UP. You don't respond to a complete lack of integrity like this with more of it. The idiots trying to scrape together every bit of "evidence" and "testimony" in an attempt to lay guilt on one party of the other are just absurd.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    As for the topic of the Mike Brown killing, I really think people need to let it go to court. Brown's judge, jury, and executioner was a cop... and that is FUCKED UP. You don't respond to a complete lack of integrity like this with more of it. The idiots trying to scrape together every bit of "evidence" and "testimony" in an attempt to lay guilt on one party of the other are just absurd.
    Well, that's what the Brown family and their attorneys want; they want the shooter(s) charged and they want it to go to court.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well, that's what the Brown family and their attorneys want; they want the shooter(s) charged and they want it to go to court.
    And that's totally fine. And they are out there peacefully protesting and there is no issue. It's everyone that is latching onto any little bit of info released and trying to proclaim guilt for one party or another. It's just fucking stupid.

Discuss the police militarization, the racial imbalances in our legal system, etc... but trying to vindicate the cop or Brown in this mess is just silly right now.