Thread: I want a TDS 25th Anniversary Tour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    They already played The Downward Spiral in its entirety twice, and I'm sure Trent's philosophy is "if you weren't there, oh well". At this point, unless they were planning shows in secret, it seems pretty unlikely that they're going to do some sort of anniversary tour at this point.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    They already played The Downward Spiral in its entirety twice, and I'm sure Trent's philosophy is "if you weren't there, oh well". At this point, unless they were planning shows in secret, it seems pretty unlikely that they're going to do some sort of anniversary tour at this point.
    Give him a few more years and I’m sure he’ll pull a Robert Smith and start doing full albums in their entirety live over a few nights, advertised as such. We got Broken not long ago!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Give him a few more years and I’m sure he’ll pull a Robert Smith and start doing full albums in their entirety live over a few nights, advertised as such. We got Broken not long ago!
    I wouldn't be surprised if this happened with The Fragile somewhere down the line. There's obviously way too much going on with that album for NIN to ever want to do it as a surprise, and I'm sure Trent likes the idea of doing it live, so a dedicated tour of Nine Inch Nails performing The Fragile would be the way to actually make it happen. I get that's kind of cliche these days and thought of as something only "old bands" do, but fuck it, there's no question there'd be a rabid audience for it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Nine Inch Nails performing The Fragile would be the way to actually make it happen. I get that's kind of cliche these days and thought of as something only "old bands" do, but fuck it, there's no question there'd be a rabid audience for it.
    Using live orchestra, similar to the MTV The Fragile performance but on a grander scale a'la Weird Al's recent tour. I would go to that, and more than one night, but I don't know that pre-planned and promoted "playing this album" shows will happen.