Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Well, I'm at least intrigued to see what this shapes up to be.

A post shared by on

Looks likely shit. It almost makes me miss Leto's horrid Joker style. I haven't no interest in this movie if I'm being totally honest. The origin story movie usually always is a letdown. A mystique is ruined.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Looks likely shit. It almost makes me miss Leto's horrid Joker style. I haven't no interest in this movie if I'm being totally honest. The origin story movie usually always is a letdown. A mystique is ruined.
    Are you really making up your mind based on test footage?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't really look that cool as The Joker, but the guy is an excellent actor and I'd like to see what he does.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Are you really making up your mind based on test footage?
    No, I had no interest in it from its announcement. This test footage doesn't help either. Maybe if Scorsese was directing it and that is still a huge maybe, but Todd Phillips? Sorry, no. The announcement of Todd and a Joker origin movie didn't do it for me. Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker doesn't do it for me.. This test footage doesn't help either. I just find the idea of a Joker origin movie silly. It's like Rob Zombie's Halloween remake. Let us see why little Mikey turned into Michael Myers. Why? You just ruin the mystique of the character. You don't always need to learn a villain's frigging history of why he became a villain. Are we suppose to sympathize with him? "Yeah, if this happened to me, I'd totally become a raving lunatic and murder people. Go Joker! Team Joker!" I don't get this obsession in needing to know every single detail of what made a villain become a villain. He was ignored as a child. He was loving husband, but someone killed his family. He thinks he is right in murdering half of the universe because the universe and people are so crappy. Even Ridley Scott ran Alien into the ground with a frigging origin story of the xenomorph. The frigging xenomorph has an origin story lol. "Aww, the xenomorph isn't a bad guy, he is just a byproduct of a lunatic, flute playing synthetic human. Poor lil xeno, if some android designed me to be a perfect killing organism, I'd probably go murder a bunch of people too. Go xenomorph! Team xenomorph!" As I said, origin movies done after the fact tend to suck and it actually ends up better just leaving all that to your imagination.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-22-2018 at 10:28 AM.