Thread: Depeche Mode

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's a shame that Depeche Mode became so big they'll never be able to do in-your-face no-production tour with Wave Goodbye/CABAI-style setlists full of random deep cuts. I'd take shit like New Life, Pipeline and My Secret Garden over Enjoy and Jesus any day.

I been saying for years I wish they would do a low key tour playing deep cuts.......I get the feeling Dave would be into it but Martin and Fletch would not even wanna bother

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I been saying for years I wish they would do a low key tour playing deep cuts.......I get the feeling Dave would be into it but Martin and Fletch would not even wanna bother
    I was kind of thinking the exact opposite; Dave only seems bothered to sing the usuals every tour while Martin is the one to go more out on a limb with his acoustic segments, even doing some songs that Dave originally sang (But Not Tonight, Shake the Disease, Leave in Silence etc.). Even Master + Servant and Strangelove didn't stick around very long on the Tour of the Universe. And with that being said, it's hard to call even many of those deep cuts..

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I was kind of thinking the exact opposite; Dave only seems bothered to sing the usuals every tour while Martin is the one to go more out on a limb with his acoustic segments, even doing some songs that Dave originally sang (But Not Tonight, Shake the Disease, Leave in Silence etc.). Even Master + Servant and Strangelove didn't stick around very long on the Tour of the Universe. And with that being said, it's hard to call even many of those deep cuts..
    Or In Sympathy (1 or 2 times, lol).