Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So they're going through Amazon for distro?

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Maybe a highlight for the Amazon Music HD channel?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    it's availabe at nin.com at https://store.nin.com/products/watchmen-soundtrack
    Also at Amazon with each volume by separate: volume 1, volume 2 and volume 3
    They have the same cost on both sites.
    I'd rather buy it in CD format, but won't complain. MP3 will be for me.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    It's not available on nin.com. It's listed there with links to Amazon (unless I'm missing something).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so we know one of the song titles now. " HOW THE WEST WAS REALLY WON"
    Last edited by spahn; 10-21-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So they're going through Amazon for distro?

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Maybe a highlight for the Amazon Music HD channel?
    I'm kind of fine with this. After all the clusterfucks with Sandbag and Firewhatever, it might be nice to have some cold, emotionless drone drop my order off two days after its release as opposed to 14 months.

Also, Amazon customer service gets it DONE.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It's not available on nin.com. It's listed there with links to Amazon (unless I'm missing something).
    Weird, on the nin.com UK store they have it in stock, but for some reason the US store redirects to amazon
    https://store-uk.nin.com/products/watchmen-soundtrack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does people who preordered get the first song as a download? would seem logical because we got the title of it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, shit. Pre-ordered from Amazon. Kinda lame that's the route they're going but oh well...it is what it is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So they're saying the digital release is later than the vinyl releases? Why? I can see why there is no CD release, digital is easier and most people just rip the CD anyway, but why have vinyl come out first? And I say this as a vinyl collector.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm only guessing the digital release is the "following Friday" of each date.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The vinyl copies should come with download cards as well, most of the recent releases have had them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A new song, At Midnight, was made available for a very short time. Very good. Short. Someone on reddit ripped it but the mods took it away.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    A new song, At Midnight, was made available for a very short time. Very good. Short. Someone on reddit ripped it but the mods took it away.
    It may have been ripped directly from the closing credits although that wouldn't explain how the uploader figured out the title.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Decent write-up regarding the first episode: Vulture (contains spoilers from Ep 1) It fills out a bit of the contextuals for those unfamiliar with the source story (like me).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    awesome, love new music from T+A, especially with some type of physical item to get with the music. I get the gripes with no CD but it is an essentially dead format. As long as theres a digital release having it on CD is almost like a novelty nowadays. Now what I wanna know is why wasnt Patriots day and Bird Box released in this way. Here we are years later and still have nothing physical for those two releases but he?releases physical formats for Watchmen before those. I love Trents ambitiousness and eagerness to make new music/ take on new products but at the same time I also wish he would just get all his ducks in a row and finish one project before taking on the next.
    BTW still waiting on that Tension DVD *faceplant*

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I imagine HBO is the reason for most of the release details.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Odd that's it's not on Amazon UK. I'll wait and see if it appears there rather than buying it from the nin store - it's just so much easier to deal with amazon if the copy is messed up in some way and I want to exchange.

Excited for the new music!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watching the first episode. THIS IS FUCKING STELLAR so far.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That song during the end credits would make an excellent NIN song. The music in this first episode is great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered all three vinyl options. So excited for the packaging that will seemingly elucidate finer details of the show. That they were able to get the score out so quickly, by tracking it with the progress within the show is astonishing. The pull and coordination with HBO this must have taken really shines a light on how well respected Atticus and Trent are.

Furthermore, I, too, am getting a Social Network vibe, the only other score they did prior to filming (unless I am mistaken).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Furthermore, I, too, am getting a Social Network vibe, the only other score they did prior to filming (unless I am mistaken).
    Wait, what? They’ve done a number of scores since The Social Network and now. Unless I’m missing something...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm stoked about this release. I'm stoked it comes on 3 separate days. I'm stoked the little I've already heard sounded incredible. I do hope the vinyl preorder also includes the digital download. I doubt it does which means I'm not stoked I'll have to buy this soundtrack twice.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad.hatter View Post
    Wait, what? They’ve done a number of scores since The Social Network and now. Unless I’m missing something...
    I think Zimbo means they made the music before filming took place. Which is true in this case... but not of Social Network (it was Dragon Tattoo where they did most of their music before the movie itself was filmed).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    aaaarrrrgggg!!!!!! (as in "alternate reality game", not an extended pirate noise)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This might be a verrrrry unpopular opinion, but this show is awful...
    If it wasn't for TR's involvement, I wouldn't have even given this a chance.
    I must say, the show itself was so bad. Girlfriend and I tried watching it tonight at dinner, and turned it off and put on Canadian election results. That's when you know it's bad, because listening to politics is as fun as watching paint dry.

BUT...
    This track is a fuckin' banger! So, I'm gonna at least check out the soundtrack.
    This sounds like a video game theme! Awesome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finally, that dirty high-octane techno groove from the "In Conversation with" demos is back! It's the bold, exciting side of Hesitation Marks most people never got to hear, but now it's in spotlight with that credits tune, and I couldn't be happier about it. Hope the relevant execs already gave them a call in regards of the inevitable Knight Rider reboot.

The interrogation/raid track was another highlight, the bass gives is that lovely "upbeat paranoia" feel that made me fall in love with Deep so much (here's a real hot take). It wouldn't look out of place on Deviations next to Missing Places and One Way to Get There. And that last piece before Pore Jud is Daid at the end sounded really close to A Minute to Breathe to me, I was honestly expecting the man's voice to kick in any second.

/essential "this thing reminded me of that thing, therefore I like it" review

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think Zimbo means they made the music before filming took place. Which is true in this case... but not of Social Network (it was Dragon Tattoo where they did most of their music before the movie itself was filmed).
    Didn't they start to at least experiment with the soundscape and some motifs going by the script alone? I seem to recall a story about TR handing some material to Fincher and saying something along the lines of "let us know if any of this sounds like the movie you have in your mind" or something. I may be mixing it up with another score, though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I would like a CD release, but I'll just download the score and burn a copy onto a disc that I can put on the shelf. Not that big a deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    so we know one of the song titles now. " HOW THE WEST WAS REALLY WON"
    Anyone have any idea if this is likely to be the accompaniment to the silent film that starts the episode?