Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Yeah, generally not a fan of US festival gigs but at least it will be comfortable temperature wise. I remember being miserable at Piedmont Park waiting for McCartney but I've never been to this Atlanta park.

Anyhow, let's hope we can get some side gigs during the festival run.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Anyhow, let's hope we can get some side gigs during the festival run.
    I'm sure someone else is more plugged into the US festival circuit than me but it seems like Coachella is the only opportunity other than Shaky Knees before they jet to Hellfest. Boston Calling would be an obvious fit but probably doesn't have room for another headliner. Maybe Bottlerock...back to the west coast before leaving for Europe? Other than that I'm assuming all outdoor venues at least through summer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I'm sure someone else is more plugged into the US festival circuit than me but it seems like Coachella is the only opportunity other than Shaky Knees before they jet to Hellfest. Boston Calling would be an obvious fit but probably doesn't have room for another headliner. Maybe Bottlerock...back to the west coast before leaving for Europe? Other than that I'm assuming all outdoor venues at least through summer.
    welcome to Rockville is announcing their headliners on Friday. I think that’s a strong candidate also.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    welcome to Rockville is announcing their headliners on Friday. I think that’s a strong candidate also.
    That seems likely, especially since it's scheduled for mid-May & they had to cancel for this year. Are there any other East coast festivals in-between Shaky Knees & Rockville?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    That seems likely, especially since it's scheduled for mid-May & they had to cancel for this year. Are there any other East coast festivals in-between Shaky Knees & Rockville?
    Sonic Temple is a week before Rockville, that's another contender.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Why only festivals. They can play outdoor shows if they want. Outdoor amps will open their venues in April if need be. Could easily play The Hollywood Bowl or even the Greek Theatre in LA as warm ups. Bottlerock isnt the type to book NIN as it is. They could play governors Ball which is the first weekend of June. Theres lots of options, but the thing is there is at least a guarantee of some dates happening in the spring stateside before going to europe for one show.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Why only festivals. They can play outdoor shows if they want.
    No one said anything about only festivals.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    No one said anything about only festivals.

well the response was what other festivals can they play. Not “ok so when is the red rocks date”. Big difference. Also interesting assumption that they wouldnt dare perform indoors either.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    well the response was what other festivals can they play. Not “ok so when is the red rocks date”. Big difference. Also interesting assumption that they wouldnt dare perform indoors either.
    Because festivals are [mostly] known variables? Can they play Red Rocks or Hollywood Bowl? Yeah sure. I'm not going to spend much time thinking about it but if you want to put together a fantasy itinerary go right ahead.

And outdoor shows in the short term seems perfectly logical to me given TR's family, the families of the rest of the band members (and I assume crew), and the comments that have already been made about being careful and not rushing it. You're free to disagree.