Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I finally gave in and I'm about to start "The Wire." This better be as good as everyone says it is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I finally gave in and I'm about to start "The Wire." This better be as good as everyone says it is.
    I'll be the first to guarantee that.
    Been watching volume 1 of Looney Toons classics with my 9yr old. Now I've got her using the line "left turn at Albuquerque " at every opportunity.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Just give it time, it's a slow grower in the best way possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A film called FISH TANK with Michael Fassbander in it, came out 2 years ago, won virtually every award going. MASTERPIECE.

About a teenage girl living on a London sink estate who is lost. Has no hope. Escapes through music and dancing. Gets involed with her mothers boyfriend. Anyone who has ever been involved with a dodgy boyfriend or girlfriend will understand completely why she goes with such a scummy man. What it does for her and him, it made me feel euphoric watching it. Its better than it sounds. It looks like it could have been shot by Stanley Kubrick, on a lower budget very atmospheric its a piece of art.

People have been telling me to see it for ages, i did not expect it to be so good, it touched my soul in a way few films have recently. Its beautifully shot. Its beautiful in general.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I remember hearing about it when it came out. It was getting really great buzz. I'll have to check it out.