To answer my own questions in this thread I created, I'd have to say my most preferred horror genres are psychological and slasher films. I typically lend my favorites to horror icons we've all known and loved. Let's spout some random facts...

The Child's Play and Chucky films are my favorite horror films. So fun, unsuspecting and well done puppetry.

I honestly hate the Firday the 13th films outside of the first two. Jason is single-handedly the MOST boring, overrated slasher villain of all time. I also hate shock horror films. They're such garbage and have little to no substance. A Serbian Film is trash and I honestly detest the Human Centipede franchise. Shock with no substance is in bad taste to me since it has no heart or direction.

Now back to the loves,

The 2003 remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre I love to death. I appreciate and enjoy the original film but that remake made for a whole much satisfying view for me. Only movie I'd ever felt uneasy and to think the part I'm referring to is when Andy is being carried downstairs and his fingernails rip off trying to stop his and Leatherface's descent. Ew.

However, I really do LOVE TCM2 and III: Leatherface. The third film is wicked shit. With the likes of Viggo Mortensen and Ken Foree! <3

I also really love the underrated and forgotten Pumpkinhead film series. I'll probably snap up the blu-rays that Shout! Factory are making for the series' first two films in the Fall for sure.

The Halloween Blu-ray Collection coming out in September is going to be amazing. I definitely will try to get it:

Even includes the Rob Zombie remakes! <3

Poltergeist was an incredible film and one of my most famous ghost related films to date.

I enjoyed the 2007 Funny games remake with Michael Pitt even though it gets shat on. Good psychological fuckery shit there.

Glad to see candyman love @henryeatscereal

I got more to chat up but this is all I'll say for now.