Thread: Carnivale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I had no idea Cinemax was even still a thing..?

Alas, I've heard all great things about The Knick and plus Bono's daughter is vivacious af, so I will definitely be checking this out. Likely in tandem with the final two seasons of Penny Dreadful, since they canceled that one after only a couple of years as well : /
    Yeah, Cinemax only recently started getting into series but they've been somewhat lacking. To be honest, I was shocked a show as good as The Knick was on Cinemax. It's just on a whole other level compared to the rest of their line up.

With Penny Dreadful's "finale" though, they tried to claim that three seasons was the plan. But from what I heard from viewers about the finale and unanswered questions and certain plots elements that were introduced into the new season only to be left unfinished, it definitely seems like they got the axe and tried to pass it off as something planned. I thought the first season of Penny Dreadful was amazing, but it started losing me during the second season. I have yet to watch the third season and almost don't want to because of the bad things I've heard.

P.S. You will definitely love Bono's daughter in The Knick. It's pretty amazing where her character goes.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Yeah, Cinemax only recently started getting into series but they've been somewhat lacking. To be honest, I was shocked a show as good as The Knick was on Cinemax. It's just on a whole other level compared to the rest of their line up.

With Penny Dreadful's "finale" though, they tried to claim that three seasons was the plan. But from what I heard from viewers about the finale and unanswered questions and certain plots elements that were introduced into the new season only to be left unfinished, it definitely seems like they got the axe and tried to pass it off as something planned. I thought the first season of Penny Dreadful was amazing, but it started losing me during the second season. I have yet to watch the third season and almost don't want to because of the bad things I've heard.

P.S. You will definitely love Bono's daughter in The Knick. It's pretty amazing where her character goes.
    Ahhh, I totally forgot about The Knick. I am a big fan of Clive Owens work (So psyched that he will be in Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets!) I have both seasons in my backlog of series I have yet to dive into.

As for Penny Dreadful... don't even get me started. I loved every minute of that show, but the second season dragged a bit too much and could have gotten to the point a bit earlier to make even more room for story development instead of focusing sooo much on Poole. All in all, I still enjoyed it. If you are a fan, you should definitely watch the third season. It has it's moments, but you can obviously tell that there was so much more to explore in the Penny Dreadful universe and I do not believe for a second that the original plan was to make only three seasons. When they said "We cannot imagine this show without Vanessa Ives." Seriously??? You have allll of these compelling characters in the show at your disposal, yet you couldn't muster up even one more season? Ugh, rant over.

Other shows that left on a cliffhanger that never saw more continuity that I happened to love were "Jericho" and "Revolution".

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    When they said "We cannot imagine this show without Vanessa Ives."
    If this turns out to be a spoiler, I'm going to dick punch you..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You wanna talk about a show that you'll be pissed got cancelled on the motherfucker of all cliffhangers. Oh boyyyy....

edit: re: The Knick

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    You wanna talk about a show that you'll be pissed got cancelled on the motherfucker of all cliffhangers. Oh boyyyy....

edit: re: The Knick
    Seriously?

I feel foolish blind buying both months back now.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-29-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Seriously?

I feel foolish blind buying both months back now.
    If you mean that it came off that I didn't like it, nooooo I may have been unclear. It was incredible, but the second season finale cliffhanger is insane, and knowing that we'll never see any more pisses me off to no end.

If you mean that you're worried you'll really like it and also feel bummed knowing what happens will never be resolved...join the club lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    If you mean that it came off that I didn't like it, nooooo I may have been unclear. It was incredible, but the second season finale cliffhanger is insane, and knowing that we'll never see any more pisses me off to no end.

If you mean that you're worried you'll really like it and also feel bummed knowing what happens will never be resolved...join the club lol.
    No, being cancelled!

yes, that's what I meant haha. Disappointment incoming.