Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    Let's finish this shit, because it barely makes any fucking sense and I've loved both EP's, AV most of all. Best nin release in a long time.
    Sorry for the double post, but at least NTAE makes sense.

Branches/Bones - the protagonist from Year Zero going into another simulation, the difference this time is that him recognizing this is a simulation.
    Dear World, - pretty much of the same as the previous track, everyone seems to be asleep - because they are not real in the first place. Not even sure himself is not asleep.
    She's Gone Away - written for Twin Peaks (confirmed by TR), but it reminds me of Reptile (of course) and parts of Survivalism.
    The Idea Of You - Protagonist struggling to find his own identity. Intensive self-realization.
    Burning Bright - Burning himself up, finding his way out of the experiment.

Not sure on what most songs mean on AV but:
    Less Than - as the protagonist got out of the simulation, he's now sitting in front of the simulator. Finds out world's gonna end in 2022. So did him getting out of there fix what was wrong with him? Or are you less than?
    The Lovers - not sure.
    This Isn't The Place - maybe the protagonist lost his friend during/because of the simulation. Could be about Bowie.
    Not Anymore - The protagonist is now operating the simulator. Maybe he's safe for now. But is he? Could this be another simulation?
    The Background World - This world is fucked up. He's giving up. (Not sure)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but at least NTAE makes sense.

Branches/Bones - the protagonist from Year Zero going into another simulation, the difference this time is that him recognizing this is a simulation.
    Dear World, - pretty much of the same as the previous track, everyone seems to be asleep - because they are not real in the first place. Not even sure himself is not asleep.
    She's Gone Away - written for Twin Peaks (confirmed by TR), but it reminds me of Reptile (of course) and parts of Survivalism.
    The Idea Of You - Protagonist struggling to find his own identity. Intensive self-realization.
    Burning Bright - Burning himself up, finding his way out of the experiment.

Not sure on what most songs mean on AV but:
    Less Than - as the protagonist got out of the simulation, he's now sitting in front of the simulator. Finds out world's gonna end in 2022. So did him getting out of there fix what was wrong with him? Or are you less than?
    The Lovers - not sure.
    This Isn't The Place - maybe the protagonist lost his friend during/because of the simulation. Could be about Bowie.
    Not Anymore - The protagonist is now operating the simulator. Maybe he's safe for now. But is he? Could this be another simulation?
    The Background World - This world is fucked up. He's giving up. (Not sure)
    I like and agree with most of that. But we can't know for sure until the conclusion. Many unanswered questions though, mostly from NTAE for me....re using the still artwork, final 3 tracks of TDS backwards on LP. These callbacks were done for reasons that aren't 100% understood. Wasn't @kraw supposed to provide some answers after physical album was out?

AV makes more sense to me, with the whole idea of the simulation. If the two werent said to be linked by the man himself, I'd never have guessed. The only common thread that is obvious to me is the layout and flow of each ep. Meaning for both EP's track 1 is the familiar nin sound/single, track 2 is electronic and anxiety fueled, track 3 is the slow burner, track 4 is the angsty rocker, and track 5 is the weird one. Not sure if this was intentional or not, I think yes and will be interested to see if part 3 follows suit. Track 5 on both is some of the best nin ever so I really look forward to that.