Thread: What are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So after years of thinking about it I finally bit the bullet and bought a PS4. I got it used because I still was kind of on the fence about video games but I figured it was cheap enough and I could resell it if I didn't like it.

Well, I have played four games so far and I really liked or loved three out of the four. I loved Detroit: Become Human, really liked Until Dawn (ridiculous and cheesy as hell but still really fun) and shockingly did not like Red Dead Redemption 2 (the first is one of my favorite games of all time, bummed I didn't like the second one.

Right now I am getting close to finishing The Last of Us and I absolutely love it. This is the game that ultimately convinced me to keep my PS4. I am getting to the point where I am trying not to play as much because I don't want it to end. It's like getting close to the end of a really good book.
    Well, fortunately, Last of Us 2 is coming out soon, so you're set!

I also have had a really hard time getting into RDR2. I expected to love it, and while it's beautiful and really stunning on so many technical levels, playing it feels like a chore.

My favorite game of all time is Bloodborne, which you can pick up for super cheap now. It's an amazing game, it's almost so good it kind of ruined other games for me. Only caveat worth pointing out is that it can be punishingly difficult and it has a really steep learning curve, especially if you're new to those sorts of games.

Other games I'd recommend... if you like Last of Us, give Uncharted 4 a chance. Same studio, similarly cinematic, but more action than stealth, and the mood is a lot lighter. You can also find it for super cheap now. God of War is a lot more mature than the previous games in the series, and it actually does a great job of telling its story, which is unfortunately rare in action narrative-driven games.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, fortunately, Last of Us 2 is coming out soon, so you're set!

I also have had a really hard time getting into RDR2. I expected to love it, and while it's beautiful and really stunning on so many technical levels, playing it feels like a chore.

My favorite game of all time is Bloodborne, which you can pick up for super cheap now. It's an amazing game, it's almost so good it kind of ruined other games for me. Only caveat worth pointing out is that it can be punishingly difficult and it has a really steep learning curve, especially if you're new to those sorts of games.

Other games I'd recommend... if you like Last of Us, give Uncharted 4 a chance. Same studio, similarly cinematic, but more action than stealth, and the mood is a lot lighter. You can also find it for super cheap now. God of War is a lot more mature than the previous games in the series, and it actually does a great job of telling its story, which is unfortunately rare in action narrative-driven games.
    Actually give all of the Uncharted games a chance with the collection. Don't miss out on Horizon Zero Dawn or Tetris Effect if that's your thing (it should be since it's amazing). I agree with Jinsai about Bloodborne, except it's maybe #3 behind HL2 and Super Metroid for me.