Thread: 2018.11.30 Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I take it you still haven't looked at Vegas night 2??? That above San Fran set is very nice, but Vegas night 2 was even more epic. But that San Fran night 2 comes very, very close. Tad jealous that they got Last and Dear World, but night 2 Vegas was probably the best set of the whole tour. You being an active member of ETS must know by now what was played, unless you are literally trying to avoid knowing at all costs what you missed, lol.

You know, what's funny about that is, I'm sitting up there against the rail watching them put together NIN's stage, and I thought to myself "I remember when Trent just randomly came on and started Somewhat Damaged with the house lights and roadies still on. I wonder if he'll do that again" and sure as sure can be... he did. I called it in my mind. Odd.

For night 2, guy behind me was confused as to why the show started with the house lights on. He was like "Didn't you find it funny that he started with the house lights on last night" Nope. Not at all.
    I literally refuse to look at Vegas night 2. I can't even look for Youtube clips of night one because I'm afraid night two stuff will come up. I got depressed enough reading what you just typed - and that's exactly what I figured. Knowing that they aren't repeating things in same-city shows and knowing that Night 1 was mostly "okay", I figured Night 2 pretty much had to be out of this world. I'd just rather not know HOW out of this world it was.

With the whole "there for work" thing, I had literally no option to stay for night 2, so that's of some minor comfort. Had it been my own decision to just see one night, I'd really feel like an ass and an idiot. This way, at least I just feel left out, but not by my own doing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I had literally no option to stay for night 2, so that's of some minor comfort. Had it been my own decision to just see one night, I'd really feel like an ass and an idiot. This way, at least I just feel left out, but not by my own doing.
    Fret not dearest @theimage13 . They *will* tour again. And you will have a chance to see other shows that would be even *better*. Of course I don't know what you might interpret as *better* in that future since we don't know what will happen but still, there is a chance! ;-)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Fret not dearest @theimage13. They *will* tour again. And you will have a chance to see other shows that would be even *better*. Of course I don't know what you might interpret as *better* in that future since we don't know what will happen but still, there is a chance! ;-)
    Yeah, the problem is that I also will tour again. More than them. Which means the probability of me being in the same city as them - and off - at the same time is so damn small it hurts. This show was an absolute fluke. Over the summer I was eight miles away for one show - but it was the same night as ours, so whomp whomp. Hell, a few years ago I actually missed working for them at one gig because I had one day left on a different tour.

So yeah, there's *technically* a chance. I just don't like the odds