Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Ah yes Conspiracy Theories....one of the few things I actively despise.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Ah yes Conspiracy Theories....one of the few things I actively despise.
    Why? What is a conspiracy?
    A conspiracy is a couple of people making a deal that they don't want everyone to know about. This happens millions of times a week, I'd reckon.

And, like it or not, conspiracy theories have uncovered some god awful shit, like Bayer knowingly putting a hemophilia drug on the market that was infected with Hep C and HIV.

I think that MOST conspiracy theories are utter bullshit, but others have turned out to be true: MKULTRA and MKOFTEN also come to mind.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Why? What is a conspiracy?
    A conspiracy is a couple of people making a deal that they don't want everyone to know about. This happens millions of times a week, I'd reckon.

And, like it or not, conspiracy theories have uncovered some god awful shit, like Bayer knowingly putting a hemophilia drug on the market that was infected with Hep C and HIV.

I think that MOST conspiracy theories are utter bullshit, but others have turned out to be true: MKULTRA and MKOFTEN also come to mind.
    Yes I know, and I'd really call the Bayer thing a scandal than a Conspiracy.

But I can't stand people who believe into this fucking absurd ass shit. I'm not going to trust this random person about how the moon landing was fake, a person who very much has no idea how science or physics work, has done no research on it over a fucking scientist.

I fucking hate it.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)

But I can't stand people who believe into this fucking absurd ass shit. I'm not going to trust this random person about how the moon landing was fake, a person who very much has no idea how science or physics work, has done no research on it over a fucking scientist.

I fucking hate it.
    trust me.
    i understand.
    Make no mistake, though. The fucks at Bayer, in fact, conspired to do what they did.
    People suspected it and it turned out to be true.
    Now, it was a scandal when it was exposed, no doubt.
    But it was, in fact, a conspiracy by awful corporate fucks who, eventually, unloaded said drug on China and whatnot.

This trump collusion theory...is that not a conspiracy theory?
    The McCabe thing in the news today...the thing with the actor from empire (whichever way it goes.)

"conspiracy theory," the way you mean it, has become a joke, associated with the far right.

I guess that, when i started this thread, i was referring more to the actual definitions of the words, you feel me?

But i can VERY much understand where you're coming from.

As i've said before, there's "conspiracy theory," as in what it generally means these days, and then there are actual ideas about people conspiring to do shit that is fucked up.

Another good example is PRISM. My buddy Joey, god rest his soul, was yammering for years about how the NSA was gathering information on us and could listen to our conversations through our cell phones, etc.

i made fun of him for it, endlessly.

and then, SURE ENOUGH...

fucksake, i wish the poor bastard had lived to see Snowden's revelations, and been vindicated.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and a scandal?

Proof.

That's why I don't dismiss ALL conspiracy theories as utter bullshit just because they sound outlandish. Most of them are, and like you I won't trust anyone who just spouts of bullshit that intelligent people have already contradicted. We landed on the moon. The earth is a sphere. Etc. But every once in a great while, something that sounds absolutely bat-shit crazy turns out to actually be true, as @elevenism has pointed out.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and a scandal?

Proof.

That's why I don't dismiss ALL conspiracy theories as utter bullshit just because they sound outlandish. Most of them are, and like you I won't trust anyone who just spouts of bullshit that intelligent people have already contradicted. We landed on the moon. The earth is a sphere. Etc. But every once in a great while, something that sounds absolutely bat-shit crazy turns out to actually be true, as @elevenism has pointed out.
    Im not saying that none of them are true, but the matter of the fact is that Conspiracy theories will forever be tainted because of people like Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh and fucking James Woods of all people. The Nazi's did it with the Manji, turning a harmless symbol of good luck into the hated image we see it as today, even though the Manji actually has some differences than a Swastika. Same thing with those ancient Ruins that also tainted by them. The complete horseshit as outweighed the ones that are actually true and I don't think it will ever be the harmless thing it used to be, say like it was when The X-Files was a brand new thing and it was more tamed.