Thread: Not The Actual Events

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I didn't mean anything like that, the only thing ridiculous is this sentence. After dvd audio they choose to sell bluray audio, we actually have a trent reznor music on bluray audio.
    Blu-Ray is a corpse.
    It even didn't take over as a proper profitable medium for movies.
    Since you watch a movie only once or twice in a lifetime, it doesn't make sense having the physical product.
    WEB-DLs smashed Blu-Ray.

CD is still very useful for music archiving though (and playing).

And this is my last opinion on this, gonna stop to bite the bait... back to "Not The Actual Events"!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    Blu-Ray is a corpse.
    Since you watch a movie only once or twice in a lifetime, it doesn't make sense having the physical product.
    WEB-DLs smashed Blu-Ray.

CD is still very useful for music archiving though (and playing).

And this is my last opinion on this, gonna stop to bite the bait... back to "Not The Actual Events"!
    Your last opinion is one more time completly out of subject... wow

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Your last opinion is one more time completly out of subject... wow
    LOL, I won't reply to this.
    Get back to the EP.

So is it coming out only on vinyl?
    I just read an interview put up for an external link on NIN.com and it looks like Trent is very stubborn about this...
    No hopes...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    LOL, I won't reply to this.
    Get back to the EP.
    Please that would be more ridiculous

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Blu-Ray is a corpse.
    WEB-DLs smashed Blu-Ray.
    I'm sorry, but you completely lost me here. Why is it that there's so many Blu-ray Disc and Blu-ray Remux copies on torrent sites then? Go read the threads and you will be seeing folks saying "I can't wait for the Blu-ray rip" or "Where's the Blu-ray copy?" Blu-ray took over the medium for movies, especially if you want quality. I'm sorry but a WEB-DL is nowhere near the quality of a Blu-ray disc. Even streaming still has troubles with fully handling darker colors and shades. You will see pixelation on Netflix, Amazon, iTunes streams. WEB-DLs are the MP3 of movies. So please lord, don't ever let this be IT. There's a reason why a Blu-ray disc of a movie is 40-50gbs big on torrent sites versus a WEB-DL being 5gbs. It's convenience over quality. The amount of information and quality being lost is massive. A WEB-DL may look good on your laptop, but it looks like ass on higher quality TVs. I always wait for a BDRip, Remux, or Blu-ray disc before watching a movie. And if you only watch a movie once or twice in your lifetime, then it must be a pretty crap movie.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Since you watch a movie only once or twice in a lifetime...
    Uh, I can't speak for anyone else, but I've watched a lot of my Blu-rays more than once or twice in this year alone. Web/streaming versions also tend to be compressed more than Blu-ray versions to save file space.