Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    While I appreciate that we’ve had a mostly stable and consistently good line-up since 2014, I miss the days where a new tour would mean that at least one new, non-NIN affiliate (Atticus doesn’t count in that regard) musician would be thrown into the mix. It was refreshing that you didn’t know what someone like Charlie Clouser, Aaron North or Justin Meldal-Johnsen was going to add.

NIN live now seems centred around Alessandro, Robin and Ilan. Once in a blue moon, another friend of the camp, like Josh Eustis, may join.

Those guys are fucking awesome at what they do, obviously, but that experience of seeing a new face in there appears to be a thing of the past.

Mmmmm, how long has this latest crew has been going on. My last NIN concert experience was when my beloved Aaron North was in there, because he had a great wild stage presence, but I didn't know he was busting bitches upside the head with microphone stands, so his ass had to go due to the lawsuits.

I made myself intentionally absent during the era where Trent has Rob Sheridan's ass on stage, pretending he was Ralph Hutter from Kraftwerk fucking around on his iBook on stage with the...

I'm the operator of my pocket calculator...
    I'm controlling...
    Reverberating...
    Frequency oscillating...
    I push a little key, and play a little melody...

But I am curious about this "new NIN", since Trent is doing prayer circles now before getting on stage invoking Jesus, or the MK Ultra Illuminati spirits, like Beyonce before she gets her ass on stage.

I know I have been gone too long, but what kind of fucking new Trent is this? My mind is blown! I can not comprehend. What happened here? Did he have nervous breakdown in the past few years I don't know about? He joined the Joel Olsteen mega church and become a born-again prosperity Christian? Da fuck?! He got Atticus and Robin hold his hands and say a little "Our Father" before their mic checks?

I guess, since he no longer splatter his body with corn starch and mud before going on stage, he has so much spare time on his hands while waiting for the opening act to get off stage, so his ass does a prayer circle instead?

Again, I don't know these new people with the exception of Atticus and Robin. There was a Bart Simpson looking dude after With Teeth, and another dude who looked like Art Garfunkel with the big ass afro, and some guy with the long wavy afro-ish Kurt Hammet (Metallica) hair. I don't know who the hell they are or were by name nor performance.
    Last edited by BlacklightFreakout; 07-04-2018 at 02:17 AM.