Thread: Kmfdm

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Updated Pig dates:

September 6 - Toronto, ON - Coalition
    September 9 - NYC, NY - Stimulate@Drom
    September 13 - Tampa, FL, Crowbar
    September 17 - Houston, TX - Numbers
    September 24 - Chicago, IL - Metro (PIG only)
    September 28 - Salt Lake City, UT, Area 51
    October 2 - Los Angeles, CA, Complex
    October 5 - Seattle WA - Highline

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

9/9/2016.

Eleven tracks.

Fuck. Yes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I consider Pig one of my favorite all time bands and really hope this tour goes well. I saw him what must've been 8 or so years ago and the experience was somewhat disappointing. I chalk it up to a few things... high expectations from a beloved act... one of the crew members had left the tour a few shows prior so they were short staffed (a backup singer? I can't remember)... and it was in Hartford, CT, where 14 year olds swarmed some shitty local opening band and then left the place totally vacant while Pig headlined. Raymond soldiered through it to a crowd of about 30 people..... Even so, this has got my psyched. New material!!! And a NYC show has got to be better than that experience I mentioned.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    ahhhh, i miss these days of KMFDM.

the interesting days.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    ahhhh, i miss these days of KMFDM.

the interesting days.
    Miss no more! They're here again! What would you say to an all-new best-of and remix compilation?

Released on the exact same day as The Gospel, no less! It's Pig vs. KMFDM all over again! But for real like!

yeah fuck this

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This is a joke? Best of aka Hau Ruck and Kunst remixes. Oh, they shouldn't have... Can you just feel the excitement? All jokes aside. Yeah, I'm passing on this one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah...I think I'm done with this band

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    This is a joke? Best of aka Hau Ruck and Kunst remixes. Oh, they shouldn't have... Can you just feel the excitement? All jokes aside. Yeah, I'm passing on this one.
    Even if it had shit from Money, Angst and Nihil I'd still pass. Just a best of album. *Shrug*

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    oh my god. *slices wrists with excitement*

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    How many "best of" albums can one band possibly have? Sascha is really milking it now. Unless these are new takes on classic songs, then there is no reason for this.
    You know how they re-did a drug against war a few years back and turned it into "A drug against wall street"? If they updated some classic songs for today's standards, then I'd be all over this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got my PIG tickets for the Wilmington show. Says it starts at 8 and goes until 1:20am, 5 freaking bands. No way I'm showing up at 8. Super pumped to finally see PIG live though!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My sentiments exactly. An obvious cash in which actually looks completely shit. Lame.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Online tickets'll be going up for the Pig shows this Thursday at 10 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Online tickets'll be going up for the Pig shows this Thursday at 10 AM.
    The Wilmington show went on sale last Friday

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Might have been an exception? I can say at least Toronto won't be up until then.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Looks like Chris Harms has joined KMFDM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guitarist? No clue who he is. They need a new guitarist. A creative one who doesn't play the same riffs every single album.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Guitarist? No clue who he is. They need a new guitarist. A creative one who doesn't play the same riffs every single album.
    He's from UnterArt and Lord of the Lost.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Never heard of them. Hopefully the new guy can freshen things up though.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Skold's new record was released yesterday. Anyone here give it a spin yet? It's available to stream on Spotify to stream if that's your thing. I thoroughly enjoy this record a lot. I liked his self titled 1996 debut a lot, but I wasn't feeling 2011's Anomie. This record is awesome though. So many standout tracks.

My favourites are" Triumphant of the Will, Today Your Love, The Oldest profession and Better the Devil.

There is a version with 3 bonus tracks as well, and one of the tracks is called "Ultra Heavy Black". I hope this isn't a calling out to KMFDM (Ultra Heavy Beat), because the lyrics are him speaking about someone in a sour tone ("I've finally had enough of you, You're such a little lie. I don't think you could tell the truth, even if you tried...") goes on and on basically "calling" this person out. Hope there is no bad blood between him and Sascha.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe it was meant to get people curious on whether it's about Sascha or not, but after listening to it again, I think I might hear Sascha scream "The Ultra Heavy Black" with Skold as the song ends. Am I crazy, or is that Sascha's voice with Skold at the end there? I wish I had a copy of the record's liner notes. If he's selling a copy of the record at his live show next month I'll probably pick it up.
    So, I just came back to this album. Why the hell is there no Skold thread here? Trying to find discussion about his work scattered in the KMFDM and MM threads sucks!

I like the album. I like a lot of Skold's solo stuff and any of the other stuff he has heavy influence on.

His tour video is great:

.... but I've got a question that I hope others in here can answer. I can't tell if I am picking up some nazi vibes in the imagery here or if it's just Nordic? Him calling one of the songs Triumph of the Will made me really wonder.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-27-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I'd lean towards Nordic runes (letters) more than anything else.
    Check it out yourself, it seems really interesting. https://goo.gl/2lJlM9

I'd definitely like to see you open up a new thread for Skolds work.
    I absolutely love Anarchy and Today from K.M.F.D.M. and have been meaning to check out his solo work but I keep getting distracted with other music that I forget.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    For those who mostly go to individual threads and not the parent forum, I made a PIG thread. LP preorder is up.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ead.php?t=4197

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I'd lean towards Nordic runes (letters) more than anything else.
    Which nazis were notoriously extremely fond of, so, you know...

Either way, it's either tacky in its attempt at provocation or simply downright offensive. I'm really uncomfortable with that kind of imagery, and associated with the music and lyrics I'd rather have a clear explanation because right now I'm leaning towards industrial neo-nazi shit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Which nazis were notoriously extremely fond of, so, you know...

Either way, it's either tacky in its attempt at provocation or simply downright offensive. I'm really uncomfortable with that kind of imagery, and associated with the music and lyrics I'd rather have a clear explanation because right now I'm leaning towards industrial neo-nazi shit.
    You are absolutely right about the Nazis taking and re-purposing Nordic Runes. I had no idea and had to look it up.
    Wouldn't the most reasonable explanation be that since Tim was in MM and some of MM's fascination with Nazi culture rub off on to Tim Skold?
    I'm not trying to defend Tim and his selection of imagery its just to me he most probably borrowed some of the imagery from Marilyn Manson.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    You are absolutely right about the Nazis taking and re-purposing Nordic Runes. I had no idea and had to look it up.
    Wouldn't the most reasonable explanation be that since Tim was in MM and some of MM's fascination with Nazi culture rub off on to Tim Skold?
    I'm not trying to defend Tim and his selection of imagery its just to me he most probably borrowed some of the imagery from Marilyn Manson.
    Who initiated what is anyone bet, could be that both their fascination with that era eventually led to TGAOG. Which doesn't disturb me because although I find the nazi imagery to be a really tired trope, at least it had a point. It wasn't subtle, it wasn't clever, but it wasn't gratuitous either.
    My problem here is that I just don't know what it's about.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Came for the KMFDM, but stayed for the Skold. I always liked Sister Machine Gun [Edit: Duh! Shotgun Messiah], and his work with KMFDM was always good. Just brought up the new record on Bandcamp. Will have a listen through before I buy, but from the video it sounds a bit predictable but, y'know, pretty solid.

I'm not sure about anything Nazi here. Is there anything else beyond the runes? Otherwise, y'know, he is Swedish, and they look cool, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Last edited by ChipRock; 08-09-2016 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I too figured it was because he is Swedish, and likely due to some of the work with MM. There is nothing wrong with using runic symbols and other things relating to nordic history, despite the association people have with it. One giant asshole co-opted an entire people's history. The way to undo that is to reclaim the history. That kinda thing usually takes someone willing to go against the current norms, which Skold fits.

BUT...

the fact that his album opens with a song with the same title as a very will known Nazi propaganda movie is what made me very curious. Is he doing it to shock? Is it meant as a criticism against the referenced ideology? Or is it in support? I haven't seen Skold comment on it. I also know very little about his political or ideological views outside of his music, which is blatantly anarchistic. Some anarchists will use symbols of power ironically as well.

But hey, let's use what we have in front of us. The lyrics of that song:

The conflict must start right now 'cuz we're only wasting time
    There's only one way to go from here, step straight across the line

I am the triumph of the will. i am the blood bound to spill
    And every time i close my eyes, the monster come alive.
    I am the thrill. i am the kill. the triumph of the will.

The storm isn't over yet and the war has just begun
    There's only one way to go from here and you will need a gun.

The sacred and divine. 7.62 x 39 . 5.56 and 45. i am the x, i am the y

yeah, i have no idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    7.62 x 39 is a rifle cartridge (looks like AK47) of Soviet origin and the 5.56 x 45 is a cartridge of U.S. origin used in the M16. All of that via Wikipedia. I know NOTHING about that stuff but I find it a little weird.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sascha referenced Watts on FB recently as "Gaymond Twats". Anyone actually know what went down between those two? I've never really figured out what happened there.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What a cunt.. Who really knows what happened. Could be a number of things. Pigmartyr being one of them. Sascha was supposed to release it on his kmfdm records label and Raymond backed out of the deal for a shitty one instead. Maybe more happened. Sascha is fucking petty. No wonder Esch and Schulz didn't want to go back in 2002. While Sascha makes mediocre albums, the former members are running laps around him. All he's best at these days is holding grudges. At least he's not fucking them out of their royalties.

Funny story since we're talking about how petty of a cunt Sascha is these days. A few years ago there was a guy who made a bootleg dvd of the 2006 pig tour. This was on the Ultra Heavy Beat forum which i dont think is around anymore. Didn't charge anyone a dime but shipping. Can't remember the guy's name. He got a cease and desist from kmfdm's lawyers. Sascha then proceeds with a thread titled "sorry mutha fucka adios" and poked fun at the guy.

Sascha posted regularly there for awhile. That is until the albums got progressively worse and the criticisms grew more and more.