Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, Delta Machine universe is completely gone from depechemode.com (very nice idea, the whole webpage was tilted and faded and slowly drifting away for the last few days till it was completely blank), now there is two weeks counter.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Depeche Mode

I've read on the internets that an announcement will be made on October 11 for a 2017 album & tour.

Edit - Link: https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...37#post3099437
    Last edited by somewhat_; 09-29-2016 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Added link

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I've read on the internets that an announcement will be made on October 11 for a 2017 album & tour.

Edit - Link: https://www.coachella.com/forum/show...37#post3099437
    To be announced in Milan apparently:

http://www.side-line.com/depeche-mod...on-october-11/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All circulating audio recordings from the 1993 "Devotional" Tour are now available to stream & download.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, yesterday I had my 101st "climb" up to small mountain near my town, so what else could I do but take Depeche Mode - 101 with me, right? :-)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxf8rgg4m4..._2082.jpg?dl=0
    Don't worry, it was not loud, there are deers and such and I am a silent observer usually.

To not be off-topic completely - I can't understand people on the edge of immediately buying Depeche Mode concert tickets... like if DM were good band live, not with that two outsiders on stage with them and without someone preparing interesting live versions. I will take 1 new CD over 5 world tours any day. 101-Devotional were great though! :-D

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Somebody screwed up... looks like some tickets went on sale for next year's tour, which is called Global Spirit Tour, seems like that's the album title too.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I like the sound of that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    To not be off-topic completely - I can't understand people on the edge of immediately buying Depeche Mode concert tickets... like if DM were good band live, not with that two outsiders on stage with them and without someone preparing interesting live versions.
    Perhaps, but Dave Gahan is still an incredible frontman and brings so much energy and physicality to every performance I've seen, so it's worth it for me in that regard alone.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Where's the revolution? Come on people you're letting me down!"

That's the Spirit! :-)

facebook.com/depechemode

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Depeche Mode Announce New Album ‘Spirit’

The legends Depeche Mode are back with a brand new LP, supposedly due out in Spring 2017.
    Recorded in Santa Barbera and New York, and produced by James Ford of Simian Mobile Disco, Spirit has just been announced at Depeche Mode’s Milan press conference. The samples they played sound highly modern, skirting the line between massive bass, blues-leaning melancholy and the synthetic pop they helped pioneer.
    It will almost assuredly be a huge deal—in case you didn’t realize, Depeche fans are rabid.
    The group will also be embarking on a 2017 tour titled Global Spirit. Full dates to come.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll be in Berlin next June!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Transcript of the press conference: https://www.depechemode-live.com/wik...,_Milan,_Italy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can't help but feel like this press conference was mostly just a huge waste of time and a quick press release with tour dates would've sufficed. Especially with answers like these to every question:

Martin: "I think it did, but we don't really want to get in to the new album too much at this point because it's not released until next spring. So we'll be coming back to do more promotion and to talk about that then."
    Dave: "I think that you have to wait and see really, as we said, we're still forming that, but it's definitely I think, a very uplifting and thought-provoking feel and sound to this record."
    I'm still looking forward to the album and tour regardless, but I feel like all of this was fairly pointless.

Also, maybe it's been answered further up, and if so I apologize, but is there a reason the new video compilation isn't on blu-ray? Even if they took the lazy route and didn't remaster in HD (which seems ridiculous), they could at least use blu-ray discs for capacity purposes. Then it could be a single disc, maybe two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I can't help but feel like this press conference was mostly just a huge waste of time and a quick press release with tour dates would've sufficed. Especially with answers like these to every question:

I'm still looking forward to the album and tour regardless, but I feel like all of this was fairly pointless.

Also, maybe it's been answered further up, and if so I apologize, but is there a reason the new video compilation isn't on blu-ray? Even if they took the lazy route and didn't remaster in HD (which seems ridiculous), they could at least use blu-ray discs for capacity purposes. Then it could be a single disc, maybe two.
    Throw this Danish interview through Google Translate and you'll get some good info: http://gaffa.dk/artikel/111620/depec...ndt-os-sammen/

No Blu-ray presumably due to cost it would entail - not just for the media / packaging / etc, but keep in mind that the original master tapes were dug out for each of these videos and digitized, "remastered" (what that means we'll have to see the DVD to find out), etc... to add Blu-ray "restoration" cost on top of that, and it may have been something that Sony did not want to spend at this time.

I am still going to purchase this item, because of the prospect of future legacy releases. Even if this item just ends up sitting on my shelf, I want to show my support for what hopefully will become a series of additional worthwhile releases, namely live stuff, unreleased tracks, demos, etc...
    Last edited by DMLiveWiki; 10-13-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ticket purchased for next year!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    1994: last time DM in Australia.

Every time they announce a new tour I hope they have aussie dates but they never bloody do. What's with that?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, Ryan. That's just bizarre. Have you ever had a chance to see them, then?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    1994: last time DM in Australia.

Every time they announce a new tour I hope they have aussie dates but they never bloody do. What's with that?
    hey, well they aren't coming here this time either.

i'll come to your house with a bottle of whiskey and a bunch of depeche mode albums if you like, if you have a spare room.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    understand your frustration...
    I've seen them twice now that I'm living in Europe but they never toured Aus.

Do they have a fear of flights...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Australia does seem to be a generally terrible market for bands, I guess the fact that it's so isolated/closed off and the travel costs really make it a slog? I've always noticed most acts seem to, at most, hit a couple of festivals in Melbourne or something and call it a day, or they pair it up with New Zealand dates as well.

Even so, it's truly weird for them to have gone over two decades without playing there.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I guess Japan is another one of those markets and it looks like they haven't been there since 1990. Not cool.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah it's weird how they brand their tours as "World" tours (and this one even is "Global Spirit") when they typically only do Europe and North America. At least they plan on doing South America this tour, too? There's no reason for them to have neglected Japan/Australia for so long. Even if it wouldn't be as profitable for them, they'd more than make up for that with their umpteen sold out German stadium shows every tour. They should be playing for their fans, not solely to make a buck. Grabbing hands..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's very strange.

I might have to go to one of the festivals in Europe to see them. As i might have already missed out on the gig tickets already.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Spirit is a special album. If this was the last one that we made I would be pretty happy" - Dave Gahan. (source: Music Week)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yea I don't like that comment.

I mean I like that its gonna be special. but not the other part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    32 years ago today: 1984-11-30 St. Jacobs Sporthalle, Basel, Switzerland. I just added a crystal clear sounding FM broadcast master source, stream and download it here: 1984-11-30 St. Jacobs Sporthalle, Basel, Switzerland/Source 1

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    not sure if its been posted. but it sounds lovely.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm really digging the neon aesthetic and the return to more electronic sound after the last album going more into their blues-influenced territory. I've enjoyed all of their more recent albums, even if they weren't always what I'd want them to be, so I've got no doubt that I'll enjoy this. Just need some FL tour dates so I can finally see these guys after years of wanting to.