22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So did anyone confirm if him and Jay Z had some sort of falling out? I've heard things on and off the past few months that they're not talking.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The dude who wrote that article just screams "I'm a total douchebag."

Patience is thinning? Yeezus came out last year. ​Give the dude like five fucking seconds to relax before demanding more music.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post

None of the links play the song. Ive been to revolt's site and nothing. I guess it was taken down

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently it's leaked that Kanye will tour North America next year.

Only $15,000 for a VIP package? That shit's a steal.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Apparently it's leaked that Kanye will tour North America next year.

Only $15,000 for a VIP package? That shit's a steal.
    at least the money goes to charity instead of to kanye?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It STARTS at $15k. So that KC show a couple years back would've taken everyone to pitch in 3 bucks to meet that starting asking price, heh.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    at least the money goes to charity instead of to kanye?
    Maybe Kim K will buy it for him for his birthday- can leave it in the passenger seat of the new Lamborghini.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New track 'Only One ft. Paul McCartney' dropped. It's....pretty boring.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hear that awful autotune.

Yeah, it's junk.

I think my fandom started and stopped with 808's.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm a massive Kanye fan-boy, and yeah that track is HELLA boring. Such a let down.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I know everyone here tends to not like Kanye from most of what I've seen, but I love this. Almost cried first time I heard it yesterday. I don't know, the giant shift from Yeezus to this and the just general loving feeling I get from it is incredible, and the amount that this guy is still affected by the loss of his mother is just intense. You can really tell how much he loved that woman, and this is just about as heart-felt as he's ever seemed. I'm pretty excited for whatever the album ends up being, and I'm crossing my fingers we'll hear it soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yeah, this is actually really nice after the vulgar, aggressive onslaught of Yeezus

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    This is a nice down-tempo track and the outro at the end is really, really great. Once again, this kind of stuff is why I like Kanye. He keeps us guessing with material. This would make for a great closing track should it make the next album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Listened to Yeezus today, and the production was fucking fantastic. I'm genuinely surprised. The lyrics and vocals on the other hand...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Listened to Yeezus today, and the production was fucking fantastic. I'm genuinely surprised. The lyrics and vocals on the other hand...
    I have the perfect (seasonal) solution for you: KREEZUS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I have the perfect (seasonal) solution for you: KREEZUS.
    Yeah, I saw that last night when gathering the instrumentals. It's a fantastic project

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    ahhh, so NOW you understand about Kanye.
    Yeah, the music is pretty fucking mind blowing. I had the same experience.

But i agree, he's an average rapper at best.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just hate that he acts like he shits bricks of gold. He doesn't and he comes off as overly pretentious or self-entitled of endless praise. The whole process with him is smoke and mirrors. He has strong instrumentals, EXCELLENT production and a distinct sound. I think Yeezus was one of the most self-indulgent ego stroking albums I've ever heard in my life from a music artist. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy came off as an egocentric maniac album but it had extremely good songs like Power and Monster on it. If whatever he's working on is more of the same as Yeezus I'm going to stay away (after my maiden voyage listen). Even the name of that album was ridiculous bullshit.

However, I could sing praise and carry on about how glorious 808's & Heartbreak was. That was easily one of the best albums in hip-hop post 2000.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've always seen it as him pushing the hip-hop culture of self-aggrandizement as far as possible, almost mocking the attitude and self-obsessed world so much of that genre pushes. It's like saying, "Fine, if we're supposed to talk about how great we are, then I'm a god." Because there's no higher level from there. And in that song even, there's panicked breathing and sudden desperate screaming, as if overwhelmed and unable to handle it.

Live for Yeezus he wore a mask covering his face for almost every Yeezus track, as if separating himself and the music, putting on a literal mask covered in gold.

I see it as saying, "If this is the image we're supposed to have and how you're going to see me, then I'll embrace it until you can't stand it."

I really think Yeezus is incredible, and in general love everything about it. It's dark, cynical, aggressive and depressive, attacking and hilarious from start to finish. It's like a giant, violent show full of fire and desperation with black comedy throughout.

Plus a lot of it deals with the sacred and profane combining until nothing holy is left. And you get Yeezus out of that. Saying "Them titties, thank god, they free at last" followed by a sample of someone singing "Oh, free," in reference to civil rights; sex being nothing but possessive and desperate, "One more fuck and I can own ya, One cold night in October," love always being in the past and destroyed, "Five years we been over," "Soul mates become soulless," "Before you tried to destroy us," "If you loved me so much then why'd you let me go?" All romance steeped, birthed in and destroyed by debauchery, "Hurry up with my damn menage" contrasted later on by "Maybe it's cuz . . . I was into trios" cited as a cause for a wrecked relationship. Then the album ends with Bound 2, a song about a loveless and fake relationship where the most you can say is "We made it to Thanksgiving, so hey, maybe we can make it to Christmas!" Not focused on long-term, just however long possible, and closing on an almost mockingly submissive "Uh-huh, honey." It's so cynical, opening to close.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't know exactly what that is, but I hope Paul McCartney is not on it.

:: prepares for the thrown stones ::

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I believe it's Big Sean's new album, that Kanye will be on...but not sure.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I watched the Grammys tonight (I know, I know, I know) and saw both of Kanye's tracks (well, Rihanna w/ Kanye and Paul McCartney) and I have to say, Only One is a great song. I missed when Kanye would write songs like this.

FourFiveSeconds is great, too. I hope Kanye goes back to a more 808s-styled album, maybe not as aggressively melancholy as that, but the same sort of style.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I thought he was joking too when this happened, just to read he had another 'asshole of the millennium' moment...

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainme...icle-1.2107972

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, feel sorry for Beck. This guy just astounds me every year with the shit he says or does that helps his ego along.

I find it hilarious he says that they disrespect artistry because Beyonce didn't win. That's an insult to Beck, a man who has been around for over 20 years. I guess he's not an artist then.

Seriously, fuck this piece of shit. I'm over it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Haha relevant