Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Saw the new Candyman yesterday. It's another remake/sequel that didn't need to be made and added little to the original, in my opinion. It's basically a 90-minute PSA for racial injustice and how white people are bad bad BAD. There was an egregious amount of virtue signaling in it that was incredibly distracting and sank the entire thing for me. Plus, Spoiler: Tony Todd is in it for all of 10 seconds at the very, very end..

Antlers looks like it's going to be cool as fuck though..

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It's basically a 90-minute PSA for racial injustice and how white people are bad bad BAD.
    As a white guy, I didn't get that vibe at all. I think your insecurity is showing.

And shit, if that's what this film was about, what the fuck was the original about? If anything, this film was pretty in line with the themes of the original.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 08-30-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    As a white guy, I didn't get that vibe at all. I think your insecurity is showing.
    Well, of course not. I see the shit you post on these forums. Of course you didn't get that impression at all, lol..

And shit, if that's what this film was about, what the fuck was the original about? If anything, this film was pretty in line with the themes of the original.
    The first film was ahead of its time for how it highlighted racial issues and gentrification in a big city, wrapped neatly in an urban legend come horribly to life. This new film? You would have to be fucking stupid to watch this and not feel like it's deliberately beating you over the head with the messages it's slamming down your throat, at the expense of a horror film that was just fine on its own..

so it's fine if Brosocialjusticewarriorsweat is into it. Just not something that was necessary at all, in my opinion..