Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Muse...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Man, that was bland... nothing special

I hope the album is better than this because the single (just like the last album) is doing nothing to get me hooked...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Honestly, Absolution was the last album that blew me away. They have steadily gone downhill with each new album. They can only push this revolution, fight the oppressor thing so far.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this new video is very thriller inspired...
    the song isn't all that bad imo, except for the wooooo ooohhh aahhhhh which they seem to have stolen from U2, i hate this kind of stuff so much, just filing the air with nonsense instead of letting the music speak, U2 does it so often since nloth it's really annoying.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    except for the wooooo ooohhh aahhhhh which they seem to have stolen from U2, i hate this kind of stuff so much, just filing the air with nonsense instead of letting the music speak, U2 does it so often since nloth it's really annoying.
    That's the millennial whoop thingy that I mentioned

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I actually dug that song.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    That's the millennial whoop thingy that I mentioned
    I had no idea the whoop was actually a thing... thanks for enlightening me!
    Needless to say i have some catching up to do to hang out with the millennials, not that i really want to anyways...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I can't take anything these guys release seriously anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Song has grown on me a bit minus the whooping. I like that Matt is experimenting with his vocal delivery.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    nothing to see here.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 07-19-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: i am dumb dumb

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    New single next week.
    In addition to the one that just came out today?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    In addition to the one that just came out today?
    Well fuck. I don't know what day it is anymore. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I need to give it a listen too, but apparently it's taking some cues from Erasure lol.

Apparently the album is called Simulation Theory and will have 11 songs, with an extra disc of acoustic versions of 7 or 8 of them. I assume it'll have the 3 songs they've put out so far. Can't say I'm really enthusiastic about this direction they're going, but I'm intrigued by an acoustic disc.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What the fuck has happened to this band?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah.... that was odd. I don't hate it, but i didn't love it either. I would rank the three tracks so far:
    1. Thought contagion
    2. Something Human
    3. Dig Down

I will definitely check the album out when it comes out, but this isn't really assuring.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Honestly, Absolution was the last album that blew me away. They have steadily gone downhill with each new album. They can only push this revolution, fight the oppressor thing so far.
    Black Holes and Revelations was where I think we still had the band we all love. After that, it was a slow burn of crap after crap. The Resistance and The 2nd Law had some moments, but it was mostly skipping 5 tracks to get to the one I loved.

These new songs are trash. Every one of them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Black Holes and Revelations was where I think we still had the band we all love. After that, it was a slow burn of crap after crap. The Resistance and The 2nd Law had some moments, but it was mostly skipping 5 tracks to get to the one I loved.

These new songs are trash. Every one of them.
    I do like a good bit of Black Holes & Revelations

This new song is atrocious though

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Cool video, shit song. EDIT: HA i pretty much entirely forgot about saying almost the same thing on the previous page from earlier this year.

This band has been eating itself from the inside out for too long now, this is almost Linkin Park's One More Light album level of bad (i say album as a whole because i DID like the OML title track)
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 07-19-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The song tries to be their new "Madness", i don't mind a pop track in Muse's catalog, but seems like this is the direction they are headed, they became "Progressive U2"

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Are muse b-aides still any good? I remember them still being really strong even when the albums had gone too far for me. All the b sides I recall for absolution were ace; nearly all the stuff collected on hullabaloo is great; and the last one I remember was “crying shame” which was ages ago (I never properly got into BHAL and haven’t listened to any subsequent albums)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Had to stop the new song 1:20 in. Just fucking awful.

There was a time when I considered Origin of Symmetry one of my favourite albums. I played that thing to death until I couldn't listen any more. Listened to it again around the time Thought Contagion was released, as I was completely flabbergasted that I could have ever liked this appalling mess. That was my first time listening to OoS in almost 15 years. Guess what? It's still awesome.

I saw the band once at Wembley Arena in 2003. They were fantastic. Absolutely mind-blowing show. That was before their production levels became absurd.

After Absolution, I lost interest. BH&R was okay, then it just got worse from there.

As @Jord said above, what the fuck happened? Another promising band stooping to mediocrity for the sake of greed. Really disappointing.

R.I.P. Muse.

Just going to leave this here. In Memoriam of what once was:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Props @katara for getting Dead Star up there. I REALLY got into Muse when that one dropped.

I don't wanna keep dipping in the Muse thread when they have a new track to shit all over it, it ain't fair on those here who do love them still - I have some very good memories of them.

Stockholm Syndrome has got to be my favourite, I remember around the time of The Resistance, I just about hung on with BHAR but The Resistance was the beginning of the end for me - however I went to Leeds Festival 2011 when Muse were one of the headliners, and I caught wind they were doing Origin Of Symmetry in full that night. It was one of the greatest live sets I've ever seen - especially to be treated to it at a festival, I was a lucky guy, and whatever I think of their music now - I'll never forget that show as long as I live, especially Micro Cuts. My jaw was on the floor, so so good.

Then straight after the album in full set, they proceeded with a second set, but then they played Undisclosed Desires and I went to some other stage to get as far away as possible. They teased me a little with the last record claiming it would be a heavy return, then they dropped Psycho which was the decades old riff they've been playing live, worked into a mediocre song, then the usual shit. I can safely say I don't think they'll ever be a band who's output I'll really bother with any more but I can't say they weren't up there with the best when they were in their prime. If they ever did a small club date near me with a fan service b side and deep cut setlist I'd be right there though.
    Last edited by Jord; 07-21-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Amazon Italy leaked details of the forthcoming new album, "Simulation Theory" coming November 9.

https://www.amazon.it/Simulation-The.../dp/B07FQ6GTK5
    https://www.amazon.it/Simulation-The.../dp/B07FPYQT3W
    https://www.amazon.it/Simulation-The.../dp/B07FRXG26W

Side A
    -Algorithm
    -The Dark Side
    -Pressure
    -Propaganda
    -Break It to Me
    -Something Human

Side B
    -Thought Contagion
    -Get Up and Fight
    -Blockades
    -Dig Down
    -The Void

Deluxe CD also features 5 bonus tracks:
    -Algorithm (Alternate Reality Version)
    -The Dark Side (Alternate Reality Version)
    -Propaganda (Acoustic Version)
    -Something Human (Acoustic Version)
    -Dig Down (Acoustic Gospel Version)

Evidently, "The Dark Side" will be heading to streaming services today/tomorrow, making it the 4th song made available so far.

*edit - oh, this cover art..*

Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-30-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well it's good to see that the boys aren't taking themselves too seriously anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Dark Side is pretty cool. Might be the best of the recent releases

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    The Dark Side is pretty cool. Might be the best of the recent releases
    This. It legit feels like a logical continuation of Black Holes and Revelations era, with very classic Bellamy vocalizations (see: Micro Cuts)

I just wish this wasn't the outlier of everything else that's already been released.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-30-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    *edit - oh, this cover art..*

I don't think they're leaning into the 80's motif enough. It's not really clear by this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It’s a cool cover but not for the Muse I remember fondly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This. It legit feels like a logical continuation of Black Holes and Revelations era, with very classic Bellamy vocalizations (see: Micro Cuts)

I just wish this wasn't the outlier of everything else that's already been released.

Id like to change my opinion to Dark Side is pretty fucking awesome. I too hope there is more of this with the rest of the songs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mannnnn the new song, “Pressure” is fun. So far this album sounds promising.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haven't heard the new song, but I finally listened to "The Dark Side" and enjoyed it. But it's not enough to get me excited for this album. I haven't liked any of the other new songs they released, so I'm not looking forward to it.