Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I'm surprised that there is no one credited for Drums on Easier than Lying. They do not sound programmed, especially some of the snare roll fills. I thought that was Dave Grohl for sure.

Gee I wonder what Anthony Fantano will make of it all
    They couldve just sampled Grohl from when he was recording his parts. Im sure the tape was rolling and Dave was fiddling around as normal.

So yeah, wheres the drippy drip on the other bonus tracks. I was actually going to burn a cd so its all in one place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    My tracklist with bonus tracks if anyone wants them to fit in the album instead of being tacked onto the end:

The Tradition
    Bells in Santa Fe
    Easier than Lying
    Lilith
    Girl is a Gun
    People Disappear Here
    You asked for this
    Darling
    Nightmare (Reprise)
    ​honey
    Whispers
    Gasoline (Reimagined)
    I am not a woman, I’m a god
    The Lighthouse
    Ya’aburnee
    where did u get the digital bonus tracks? Anywhere to buy them?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    where did u get the digital bonus tracks? Anywhere to buy them?

Somebody posted a link to People Disappear Here a few pages back. The others I think are on some digital store. One person was offering a trade of flacs for a proper version of what I mentioned cause it was only in 128mp3? The big box retailers really screwed us on how the bonus tracks were coming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Somebody posted a link to People Disappear Here a few pages back. The others I think are on some digital store. One person was offering a trade of flacs for a proper version of what I mentioned cause it was only in 128mp3? The big box retailers really screwed us on how the bonus tracks were coming.
    do you maybe know which digital store has the bonus tracks? I cant find them anywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I listen to a lot of electronic music that has no vocals/lyrics. Perhaps it’s because of that I can really appreciate this album. I actually hear the instrumentation more than the vocals. Great stuff and will get a lot of plays from me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Not sure if anyone had posted it yet but there’s a performance stream on August 29th/30th (ie not the film as I thought)

https://www.momenthouse.com/halsey
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 08-28-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Been sitting on the album for two days before writing this.

As someone who’s never listened to Halsey before, I like it.

Random thoughts:

- the first few seconds of The Tradition screamed NIN to me and I loved it.

- mentioned this previously but the drumming at the beginning of Easier Than Lying echoes of Bella Lugosis Dead.

- Lilith is sexy - love the bass on that track

- Love the DrumNBass on Girl with a Gun - reminds me of The Perfect Drug - but find the chorus borderline annoying and usually can’t get through the song because of this

- as soon as I head Darling it sounded like a lost Fleetwood Mac outtake - probably the track Buckingham is on but I haven’t bothered to check credits yet

- I enjoy Honey and like the chorus - additionally as soon as the song started without checking credits I knew it was Grohl on drums

- I like the shoe gaze of You Asked For This but the chorus could EASILY be Paramore / Avril/ Wolf Alice. Still like the song though.

- I am not a woman is a banger - very NINish and I like the verses as much as the chorus

I like that this album is a nice amalgam - it’s fun to listen to for the first or second time and recognize all of the big hitters that are playing in it without needing to look at the credits.

I’ll spin this for a while but it makes me miss and yearn for new NIN - hurry up guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another interview

She likes Wolf Alice?

Come to think of it, yeah, some of the more aggro tracks here definitely give off that vibe.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So the Halsey reddit just has links to the wav files for the two bonus tracks. The one is still 128 mp3 though, no fix for that yet.

has anything been said publicly about this? I just keep seeing "email halsey support" which I suppose is how you get download links but otherwise it's a cluster.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So the Halsey reddit just has links to the wav files for the two bonus tracks. The one is still 128 mp3 though, no fix for that yet.

has anything been said publicly about this? I just keep seeing "email halsey support" which I suppose is how you get download links but otherwise it's a cluster.
    Best I found was an iTunes lossy M4A file for People Disappear Here. It's at least better quality than the 128kbps file. I believe whoever uploaded the 128kbps file purposely downgraded it. Apparently it's a bonus track on the Japan edition.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    People Disappear Here is 100% a Bowie tribute, right? Sounds like a Lodger-Scary Monsters era outtake down to the production, even including the fade out on performance and the way (I assume) Garson is used.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Also pretty proud of myself for stating here back when that 5 second billboard announcement came out that the production sounded a lot like The Bug! Didn’t expect that part to literally be him just thought he was an influence!
    Last edited by Horican; 08-28-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Never listened to Halsey before and I really like this album. Reminds me a little of HTDA, maybe more radio-friendly/pop-ish?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Feels like for the NIN camp it's an opportunity to go big and shameless and not overthink things. Doing a full on 97 drum and bass track might be a bit more pastiche-y for a NIN record (though Bad Witch got close) but here - let's have fun with it! Full on Shoegazey guitars on a pop punk tune? Why not! It just feels like everyone were having so much fun, just smiling when the ideas come to life, which isn't often the case with NIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    From @AskTarget on Twitter:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This charts account predicts a #1 debut for this album which is bloody amazing for an album with no singles, barely any press or tv slots. Halsey seems to have a great fan base and reading accounts on Twitter they seem to be loving it for the same reasons any fan of NIN would love something

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This charts account predicts a #1 debut for this album which is bloody amazing for an album with no singles, barely any press or tv slots. Halsey seems to have a great fan base and reading accounts on Twitter they seem to be loving it for the same reasons any fan of NIN would love something

LOL make sure everyone who was worried about this not having any singles in advance tag yourselves.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Let's hear it for an OCD fanbase and a dozen variants of the same album! WOOOOO!!!! (I've purchased this album four times)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If this goes to number one - then I don’t think will be the last we’ll see of TRAR in the world of popular music.... exciting times. And deserved as well, I’m still enjoying the album, initial ‘cool’ factor has some staying power.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Let's hear it for an OCD fanbase and a dozen variants of the same album! WOOOOO!!!! (I've purchased this album four times)
    Yeah I’m sure the vinyl madness had something to do with it. I bought the CD and I’ve heard a LOT of people saying Lorde’s album didn’t do as well as it might because she didn’t provide a CD option. I think CDs are more important than people (cough…Trent) think. My son is obsessed with having physical cd products and we had to buy him a cd boombox. My niece is even into a cassette phase - like I can’t imagine why anyone would want them anymore but I think there are various retro trends going on and vinyl is just one of them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apologies if this was already discussed, but has anyone come across official credits for the 3 bonus tracks anywhere? I'm not inclined to go chasing down physical copies (to the extent there are any, with all this confusion around download cards and omissions from the Target CDs) unless there's 100% confirmation that they originated from the TRAR sessions...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Apologies if this was already discussed, but has anyone come across official credits for the 3 bonus tracks anywhere? I'm not inclined to go chasing down physical copies (to the extent there are any, with all this confusion around download cards and omissions from the Target CDs) unless there's 100% confirmation that they originated from the TRAR sessions...
    I would be interested in this well. But for what it's worth, they sure sound like they did. My theory is Gasoline and Nightmare were worked on first to sort of test the waters with older material. TR+AR's initial volley back to H to see if they are even speaking the same language. They both have a few different sounds/moods within them, almost like a sampler of what the rest of the album could be. And then maybe People Disappear Here, while great, just didn't fit the album so was cut.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Halsey linked a new variant earlier on IG....transparent orange at indie record stores only (may or may not be the same as the UK variant). Seems to be completely sold out now. I may check in-store tomorrow but I seriously doubt I'll find it.

https://lunarecordshop.com/products/halsey-if-i-can-t-have-love-i-want-power-vinyl-lp

Edit: some online stores do have it but they're few and far between.
    Last edited by cdm; 08-28-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
    She likes Wolf Alice?

Come to think of it, yeah, some of the more aggro tracks here definitely give off that vibe.
    Its her Warped Tour/screamo love more than anythinf. Halsey is a huge My Chemical Romance fan for example.

i said that a few days ago it was gonna be number 1 based on projections and without Kanye releasing his album. And the Chartdata twitter account gets info from the industry so its not just some random thing with a blue check mark spewing random info. They post all chart info before Billboard and such put theirs out.

btw, we got an indie store variant out there now. Bummer it wasnt posted yesterday morning and available so there wasnt a scramble at Target or Walmart

http://indies.iamhalsey.com/

edit: it looks like the same as the “amber” variant from the halsey store.
    Last edited by suprefan; 08-28-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Its her Warped Tour/screamo love more than anythinf. Halsey is a huge My Chemical Romance fan for example.

i said that a few days ago it was gonna be number 1 based on projections and without Kanye releasing his album. And the Chartdata twitter account gets info from the industry so its not just some random thing with a blue check mark spewing random info. They post all chart info before Billboard and such put theirs out.

btw, we got an indie store variant out there now. Bummer it wasnt posted yesterday morning and available so there wasnt a scramble at Target or Walmart

http://indies.iamhalsey.com/

edit: it looks like the same as the “amber” variant from the halsey store.
    The indie store variant you speak of was one I mentioned in quite a few posts ago - I called one of my indie stores, as well as one of my Zia Records (I’m in AZ) and both locations, while their sites said out of stock, said they hasn’t received them yet and that they were backed up. They told me to wait a few days, or put my name in and they’d call me when they arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^^

damn wth. I placed an order online and picked up today and I called just to make sure I had the right one and they confirmed the last 4 numbers on the UPC code…now I want to open it to look.
    Last edited by Thiah; 08-28-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I think this is where I'm at with the album after my first listen, overall I just don't think I'm really into the vocal style and tone that I'm hearing which is unfortunate because i really hoped to be genuinely surprised. To me it's a bit too much into the realm of something you might hear from some contestants on American Idol or The Voice and that's just not my bag. The album didn't really thrill me enough to bother looking up lyrics or going more deep with it, I'm sure they're fine but if I don't get pulled right in on a purely audible level then I don't typically concern myself with the rest. I don't hate the album, there's some good to great songs especially production wise but I've not got anything else to really say.

Great: "Easier than Lying", "The Lighthouse"
    Good: "You asked for this", "I am not a woman, I'm a god"
    Ok: "Bells in Santa Fe", "Girl is a Gun", "honey"
    Skip: "The Tradition", "Darling", "1121", "Whispers", "Ya'aburnee"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    ^^^^

damn wth. I placed an order online and picked up today and I called just to make sure I had the right one and they confirmed the last 4 numbers on the UPC code…now I want to open it to look.
    I ordered it from a place in Baltimore if anyone is searching: https://www.sgrecordshop.com/p/25950...ndie-exclusive

in stock for pickup and shipping as I post this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    - mentioned this previously but the drumming at the beginning of Easier Than Lying echoes of Bella Lugosis Dead.
    What do y'all think the likelihood is of this being an actual sample of Bela Lugosi's Dead? I could see it being spliced and pitched up a bit, but haven't had the time to investigate further yet.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    If this goes to number one - then I don’t think will be the last we’ll see of TRAR in the world of popular music.... exciting times. And deserved as well, I’m still enjoying the album, initial ‘cool’ factor has some staying power.
    Totally. Hopefully he buries Nine Inch Nails once and for all and just does pop collabs and production work from now on. I wanna hear Trent and Atticus produce the next Miley Cyrus album and also the next Billie Eiiish album as well. Hopefully he does something with Machine Gun Kelly. I guess we can cross DaBaby off the list. I think he can also add a whole new dimension to Justin Bieber's work and give it the raw edge his music has craved for the last several years. This could be a whole new era for Trent and its exciting as a NIN fan. FINGERS CROSSED he does something with Ariana Grande next.