Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Manson lies as easily as inhaling and exhaling air. The stories he told in his book he has told in interviews elsewhere, and the details frequently change.

He’s not an honest narrator, and I am not planning on taking his word seriously about anything involving Trent or anyone else. He’s clearly lying about his treatment of ERW and other women, why would we assume he would tell the truth about anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ll tell you what it will be fucking ironic if Trent is cancelled not for #believewomen but #believemarilynmanson (and I totally believe those women over. Manson, I always have)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Hazekiah would save a fortune and maybe get his life back
    Wonder how his reaction to all this is.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I don’t give a fuck about what Hazekiah thinks about anything. It’d be a long rambling post with different fonts, though.

I also don’t think Trent needs to say anything at all. How long has it been since they were friends or somewhat close? 2000? 2001? That was a long time ago.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Also, I might be remembering it wrong, but isn't the main reason they fell out because Trent felt "that fucking book" was full of lies about him?

/edit sorry, just to clarify, what I mean is; If Trent came out and said all of the things in the book about him were made up stories by an edgy shock rock star he'd be on pretty solid footing as he's been saying it for over 20 years anyway
    Last edited by GibbonBlack; 02-02-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Also, I might be remembering it wrong, but isn't the main reason they fell out because Trent felt "that fucking book" was full of lies about him?

/edit sorry, just to clarify, what I mean is; If Trent came out and said all of the things in the book about him were made up stories by an edgy shock rock star he'd be on pretty solid footing as he's been saying it for over 20 years anyway
    That was the impression I had back in the day. People in the NIN sub are pulling quotes from old articles on the subject. Here are a few that stuck out to me in that thread -

Rock Sound Magazine Dec 1999:
    The most obvious example is 'Starfuckers Inc', inspired by the salacious rumours that Ms. Love spread, and some sulphurous lines in Marilyn Manson's autobiography. In fact Manson's betrayal is something that Trent can't excuse.
    "He's one of the few people that I let back into my life but then he associated me with things that I always condemned coming from him and he knew it. Those written allegations had no other aim than to hurt me. I don't know why."

Kerrang Sep 1 1997:
    You feel Manson violated your trust?
    "If certain people do certain things which cross a line of what is decent, I don't deal with them any more," he answers cautiously. "With Manson, that line has been crossed. He said some very ignorant, mean, malicious things. You can believe me or you can believe someone else, but on that tour I was peripherally involved as an observer, and suddenly I'm pictured as the ringleader. It's just stirring up shit. That friendship was a big fuck-up for me," he adds wearily. "It fucked me up pretty good."

Last edited by eachpassingphase; 02-02-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was recommended this video about an hour ago

Is there anything wrong with this Edwin guy?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I don't know how to embed Twitter on here, but I found this thread, and within it another thread about his ties to neo-Nazis.
    Did you see how he forced one of his victims to buy all kinds of Nazi memorabilia in Asia even though SHE’S JEWISH but she ended up having to bring him this Nazi shit or suffer Manson consequences? That’s just so fucked up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I don’t give a fuck about what Hazekiah thinks about anything. It’d be a long rambling post with different fonts, though.

I also don’t think Trent needs to say anything at all. How long has it been since they were friends or somewhat close? 2000? 2001? That was a long time ago.
    Manson makes it pretty clear in his book that he regards Reznor as a wimp who doesn’t know how to (or refuses to) sufficiently abuse women like Manson. Everything he says about Reznor in that book is said with either direct disdain or a tone of superiority. There’s no mistaking it. It’s prominent throughout the book. He directly accuses Reznor of things in ways that are obviously intended to hurt him. Manson is clear: HE is the “Prince of Darkness” and Reznor is Mr. Sensitive. Manson seems to feel that it’s his job to make people believe that he truly is Satan. The stuff he does is what Satan would do. The book contains long bullshit praise of Aleister Crowley. I have a degree in Literature, but it doesn’t take an education to figure out that Manson is REALLY JEALOUS of Reznor and set out to fuck him (and others) over in his book. Manson deserves ZERO mercy. Reznor should make a statement, as the father of young boys who will never grow up to be Mansons.

Quote Originally Posted by mi470 View Post
    was just informed of this. this is horrifying. he needs to say something. https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status...77509744652295
    That’s from Manson’s book.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-02-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Dude following Evans Instagram...at what point to we just start calling him Marilyn Weinstein? Not joking, this shit is horrible.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Dude following Evans Instagram...at what point to we just start calling him Marilyn Weinstein? Not joking, this shit is horrible.
    It's worse. Incredibly violent mentally, physically, and sexually.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Now it appears that Manson’s wife is the equivalent of Allison Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    It's worse. Incredibly violent mentally, physically, and sexually
    Let’s not forget that Weinstein sexually assaulted many victims (over 20 accuse him of rape). Using one’s powerful position to gain access to victims is similar in both cases.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-03-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    That was the impression I had back in the day. People in the NIN sub are pulling quotes from old articles on the subject. Here are a few that stuck out to me in that thread -

Rock Sound Magazine Dec 1999:
    The most obvious example is 'Starfuckers Inc', inspired by the salacious rumours that Ms. Love spread, and some sulphurous lines in Marilyn Manson's autobiography. In fact Manson's betrayal is something that Trent can't excuse.
    "He's one of the few people that I let back into my life but then he associated me with things that I always condemned coming from him and he knew it. Those written allegations had no other aim than to hurt me. I don't know why."

Kerrang Sep 1 1997:
    You feel Manson violated your trust?
    "If certain people do certain things which cross a line of what is decent, I don't deal with them any more," he answers cautiously. "With Manson, that line has been crossed. He said some very ignorant, mean, malicious things. You can believe me or you can believe someone else, but on that tour I was peripherally involved as an observer, and suddenly I'm pictured as the ringleader. It's just stirring up shit. That friendship was a big fuck-up for me," he adds wearily. "It fucked me up pretty good."

Pleased to see that reddit post got a little traction. I'm surprised by how short folks memories are; I know it was 20 years ago, but this was the much publicised reason for their much publicised feud. It took all of two minutes to find those quotes. I'm also surprised by the lack of thought behind the Twitter post, since the author seems to be an otherwise thoughtful person.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=allegro;525061]Yes, The Game! Ugh.
    /QUOTE]

I remember that! I had a friend who was a lot like me, very socially awkward and not great around women, but he was a very smart and nice person. He was then told to read The Game to help him with women...over the course of a few years he become an insufferable person, he started viewing everyone as "how can they help ME have fun" then actual people, the GF's of the group HATED him for how he acted around them. He moved down under and got an admittedly very attractive GF, but when they visited for a wedding (i had the room next door) all they did was argue, violently, but seemed to just be together so they could have fun and get wasted.

My friends at the time always said to me "you should read that, look what it did for him"...and i wanted nothing less to be like what he had become!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Not surprised. And yes the PM forum has some of worst pseudo intellectual trash ever - I've seen someone (an absolute pseud bore who clearly loves the sound of his own voice) say the FBI can be dismissed as they are "tools of the left wing paradigm". Ah yes, Manson that right wing firebrand whom the Liberal establishment is always trying to neutralise. Some people need to spend less time online, or more.

It's great that Manson might be stopped now, and tbh the rest of us can take stock. We had no idea right? But looking back, it was all there.

I think I'm correct in guessing most of us are 30+? I'm sad to say things were just shittier back then, we thought less of his appalling remarks and behaviour. Thankfully things have moved on, but let's not boomer it up and say it was a different time - he was always a shit, we just didn't want to see it.

I remember thinking all of that stuff about cutting himself when Evan didn't pick up the phone was kind of pathetic and unbecoming of someone his age - but I don't recall anyone recognising and calling it out as abuse.

We can move forward into a better world now, but only if we be honest with ourselves about what has happened here. We have to demand better, of performers and of ourselves

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Pleased to see that reddit post got a little traction. I'm surprised by how short folks memories are; I know it was 20 years ago, but this was the much publicised reason for their much publicised feud. It took all of two minutes to find those quotes. I'm also surprised by the lack of thought behind the Twitter post, since the author seems to be an otherwise thoughtful person.
    the twitter post pissed me off for multiple reasons but the biggest being that people are making assumptions about reznor based on something that a known liar and abuser wrote to sell books at a time when he was mad at reznor. there’s no line of women saying this about him. in the year or two after he stopped hanging out with manson, he was hanging out with kennedy, a self proclaimed virgin who’d cuddle up with him in interviews.

i know i’m biased but i don’t believe reznor deserves a reckoning or needs a pass. trent isn’t manson on any level. manson wishes he was trent. it’s sad that reznor said over 20 years ago that manson wrote things to hurt him and it’s still working all these years later.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Trent was a horrible drug addict for over half his life, i'm fucking terrified of something happening during those years. A few years ago an older friend of mine who was a rockette (literally verifiable, theres tons of photos of her out there) told me a pretty worrisome story but I didn't know how to process it at the time and I sort of wiped it from my brain until the last few days.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    the twitter post pissed me off for multiple reasons but the biggest being that people are making assumptions about reznor based on something that a known liar and abuser wrote to sell books at a time when he was mad at reznor. there’s no line of women saying this about him. in the year or two after he stopped hanging out with manson, he was hanging out with kennedy, a self proclaimed virgin who’d cuddle up with him in interviews.

i know i’m biased but i don’t believe reznor deserves a reckoning or needs a pass. trent isn’t manson on any level. manson wishes he was trent. it’s sad that reznor said over 20 years ago that manson wrote things to hurt him and it’s still working all these years later.
    Agreed, I have Kennedy’s book and she also used to sleep over at his house, in his bed
    , platonically, at one point she calls it ‘a safe bed’ and I just don’t think you’d say that about someone who you knew to be abusive and she did seem to be in the know

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I was never a fan of his music at all (and to be frank, NIN isn't in my personal top tier of musical artists, 2nd tier definitely if I had to think about it. I just really dig you guys) so I never read his book, or paid much attention to what he did at all, certainly after he dithered on the vine of pop culture and people moved on to someone or something else to be outraged over. So a lot of this is kind of new to me, although I did see ERW's testimony about him (but didn't name him) on Twitter months ago and it really enraged me. Nothing gets my blood boiling more than the thought of this kind of abuse, towards women and children. This doesn't make me special and I'm not a white knight or anything, but this subject overall is personal to me. As I've gotten older I've learned to take myself out of it a little when I hear stories like this. But there still is that part of myself that gets riled up, and let the thoughts in my head play out before I can breathe deep and move on. But seriously, fuck this guy. Put him under the jail, and compensate the victims using every last cent of his.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I feel it's strange that the story about Reznor in that book is surfacing again now. It's almost like a distraction from some real allegations, to "well, what about this cocaine-fueled, meandering, mean-spirited fever dream Marilyn Manson had twenty years ago?"

I actually do wonder if Manson hanging out with Neil Strauss was a primer for honing some grooming, manipulating, and abusive techniques.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Manson makes it pretty clear in his book that he regards Reznor as a wimp who doesn’t know how to (or refuses to) sufficiently abuse women like Manson. Everything he says about Reznor in that book is said with either direct disdain or a tone of superiority. There’s no mistaking it. It’s prominent throughout the book. He directly accuses Reznor of things in ways that are obviously intended to hurt him. Manson is clear: HE is the “Prince of Darkness” and Reznor is Mr. Sensitive. Manson seems to feel that it’s his job to make people believe that he truly is Satan. The stuff he does is what Satan would do. The book contains long bullshit praise of Aleister Crowley. I have a degree in Literature, but it doesn’t take an education to figure out that Manson is REALLY JEALOUS of Reznor and set out to fuck him (and others) over in his book. Manson deserves ZERO mercy. Reznor should make a statement, as the father of young boys who will never grow up to be Mansons.
    Spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Trent was a horrible drug addict for over half his life, i'm fucking terrified of something happening during those years. A few years ago an older friend of mine who was a rockette (literally verifiable, theres tons of photos of her out there) told me a pretty worrisome story but I didn't know how to process it at the time and I sort of wiped it from my brain until the last few days.
    I would be pretty surprised if he hadn't fucked up somehow, but if he did anything premeditatively abusive like these things Manson's done, it would have happened without drink and drugs. Being a dick vs being a monster, you know.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I feel it's strange that the story about Reznor in that book is surfacing again now. It's almost like a distraction from some real allegations, to "well, what about this cocaine-fueled, meandering, mean-spirited fever dream Marilyn Manson had twenty years ago?"

I actually do wonder if Manson hanging out with Neil Strauss was a primer for honing some grooming, manipulating, and abusive techniques.
    the person spreading that story on twitter is doubling down on it too. apparently he believes everything manson says. sick.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Evan posted on Insta about receiving reports about underage girls. It’s getting even worse. Can’t say that I’m surprised though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Noticing a lot of socials are labeling Trent in the same vain as Manson, based solely on what Manson wrote all those years ago, in what many chose to ignore years ago as the rumblings of a liar written in anger, but now he is the same as a monster?
    I guess the real test will be if anyone comes out and says Trent did something other then Manson, or whether people will defend Trent from what (in all likelihood) is a lie. Real telling is this was all when TR was fucked on the drugs, that since he got sober there's not been a peep of anything bad about him, in fact he has just grown more respect around the industry...where as Manson's stories just got worse! TR should probably say something though, no doubt he probably did some shit when off his face, but i doubt it's anywhere near the level of Manson.
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 02-03-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Doubtful. Neil Strauss didn't start writing about the PUA community until the early mid 2000s. His eventual foray into that lifestyle hardly came off as insidious, hateful, and incel-y as it did with men like Mystery or Owen Cook.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is a pretty vile story from 2011. Not sure how you can get away with this sort of thing for so many years, especially with social media?

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Noticing a lot of socials are labeling Trent in the same vain as Manson, based solely on what Manson wrote all those years ago, in what many chose to ignore years ago as the rumblings of a liar written in anger, but now he is the same as a monster?
    I guess the real test will be if anyone comes out and says Trent did something other then Manson, or whether people will defend Trent from what (in all likelihood) is a lie. Real telling is this was all when TR was fucked on the drugs, that since he got sober there's not been a peep of anything bad about him, in fact he has just grown more respect around the industry...where as Manson's stories just got worse! TR should probably say something though, no doubt he probably did some shit when off his face, but i doubt it's anywhere near the level of Manson.
    I believe that Manson lied about TR. TR said this ages ago when it came out.
    I think there's a huge difference between being fucked up and being an ass vs. grooming people and premeditated behavior.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I fear Trent will get dragged down with this just based off the general public's lack of knowledge/general public associating Trent with Manson as "the goth guys of the 90's" or some shit. Even with quotes from Trent distancing himself from that and basically saying Manson was lying.

I hope I am wrong.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I fear Trent will get dragged down with this just based off the general public's lack of knowledge/general public associating Trent with Manson as "the goth guys of the 90's" or some shit. Even with quotes from Trent distancing himself from that and basically saying Manson was lying.

I hope I am wrong.
    that is my fear as well. if it was a victim accusing him of something, i’d like to think i’d feel differently. but that’s not what’s happening. it’s some dude who was a manson fan with 40k followers who wants to bring nin down too. i feel like this person is acting unfairly because they’re pushing the words of the abuser and leaving out the part where reznor defended himself after the book came out. i mentioned this to him twice on twitter and he’s thus far ignored me.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Manson admitted on Howard Stern a couple of years ago that he and Trent had a 3 way with some girl they met backstage (and this was right after he made up with TR so this wasn't when he was in slander mode). I remember the story Stern said years ago when he went to a strip club in New Orleans in the mid 90s and about 5 different strippers told him they were dating Trent Reznor. Pretty obvious TR was no angel. I certainly don't think TR was abusing women like Brian Warner, but TR certainly wasn't living the most pristine lifestyle hanging out w Manson and Twiggy....I mean David Bowie used to go with underage girls yet he seems to be regarded as the messiah and nobody can dare say anything bad about him. Dig through Bowie's closets and you won't like what you find

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Dude, everyone knew Reznor was dating strippers back then. And three-ways with willing participants may be morally reprehensible to your Priest, but they’re not illegal.

None of this has anything to do with the abuse of which Brian Warner is accused.