Thread: Before the Flood (2016)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No one is being spoiled, it's called the year 2016. If you can't simultaneously release an album in different formats, you're doing it wrong. Honestly, it seems more like Apple BS getting the exclusive and the rest of us have to wait. Apple is the worst company for Trent to team up with. They seem at complete odds with his ways. But corporate BS must give them an exclusive amount of time to be the only digital store at first. For Trent bitching about his album prices in different countries and for fans to steal his album, this kind of exclusive crap is not that far off. So it just seems hypocritical. In this day and age, you should have multiple formats ready to go on release day and none of this exclusive BS, especially when it comes to digital music. I can see delays with physical merch, but not digital. I literally can sign up with a company on my own who will put my release on every single digital outlet at the same time for a very small fee. If a small time indie artist like myself can do it, these big companies have no excuse. Hence why all countries coordinated release days to now all be on the same day of the week. Exclusivity promotes illegal downloading. This is a disservice to both the artist and the listener. This isn't coming just from a NIN fan, but a music lover who wants to see the industry thrive and do the right thing. Sadly, the industry is still working on an archaic format and hasn't seemed to learn from their mistakes, they just keep making all news ones.
    Last edited by neorev; 10-22-2016 at 04:19 PM.