Thread: 2018.10.26 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Please tell me somebody taped the show tonight. Cannot believe I was there

There are moments in life when you’re asked to be a hero. . . I’m very proud to say that I carried the official recording rig into the show (in my pants) that recorded the live debut of AATCHB.
    Last edited by LexTron6K; 10-27-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    With all due respect to Thursday night, Friday was incredible. Had a better viewpoint for the show, which helped, but the setlist was out of this world great. It took me nine shows to see 'The Day the World Went Away', so I was already through the roof when that one started up.

Highlights:

- 'Somewhat Damaged' is always a treat.
    - Sin returns, and the lights during the song were awesome.
    - Year Zero trio of TBotE/Survivalism/The Great Destroyer
    - Burn, and the pulsing red backlight during the song. Awesome.
    - The Becoming. So heavy and so good.
    - The entire encore: HMIAIH, Happiness in Slavery, AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN (and Hurt)

Can't wait to see what tonight brings. Only three repeats so far.

Picture taken during 'TDTWWA'
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 10-27-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    With all due respect to Thursday night, Friday was incredible. Had a better viewpoint for the show, which helped, but the setlist was out of this world great. It took me nine shows to see 'The Day the World Went Away', so I was already through the roof when that one started up.
    Yeah, same here. Last night was also my ninth show and first time (finally!) seeing TDTWWA. What a fucking pleasure that was!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure how they can top Friday. I'm guessing that tonight we get Branches/Bones>Broken (no Wish last night, no Last or Suck either night and Suck is almost always played in Chicago). Hoping they stick to the limited repeats and we get Big Comedown, 1,000,000, I Do Not Want This, Background World and maybe another forgotten track off of The Fragile (Fragile or WITT).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    There are moments in life when you’re asked to be a hero. . . I’m very proud to say that I carried the official recording rig into the show (in my pants) that recorded the live debut of AATCHB.
    Cool. I can confirm one rig on night 1 and two other rigs on night 2.