Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that's awesome, but RIP your inbox.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'll never forget May 3rd, 2005. Spinning With Teeth for the first time was one of those "always remember where you were" moments. I am still a dinosaur from a musical consumption standpoint (fuck streaming) and in 2005 I was on ETS preaching like an old man. I couldn't believe that people would ruin the whole experience by stealing a shitty leak so far in advance of the release date.

My initial reaction to the material was a mix of surprise and slight disappointment. After the 6 year wait (and off the heels of the "greatest album of all time"), With Teeth was confusing to my ears from a sonic standpoint. On the one hand, you had tunes that fell into a very similar song-structure-bucket (Sunspots, Love Is Not Enough, With Teeth, The Collector). These were somewhat minimalist drum/bass numbers that basically said "fuck a soundscape" here is a "punch in the mouth". Don't get me wrong; I always liked Grohl's performances on this album and Trent definitely sounds great. However, in the absence of all that lush Lohner/Clouser ambiance...there were some flat moments. The chorus of With Teeth has never been my favorite. Getting Smaller sounds kind of like a Foo Fighters demo (with a better/guest singer). The verses of Collector really highlight some lackluster lyrics. But for me, it was the outlying songs that made the album worthwhile. All The Love In The World is still like nothing else in the Reznor "cannon" (lol). Beside You In Time is a bloody masterpiece. And Right Where It Belongs (V.2) and Home are underrated gems. I must have seen NIN like 10 times in the 2005-2006 time frame and despite all that, history has not been particularly kind to the lineup. Twiggy never really fit the vibe and Aaron North pissed me off on many levels.

It's been interesting to revisit this era recently. It was probably the most anticipated "comeback" album of my life and then Trent proceeded to flood us (bless us?) with copious material over the next couple years. As a result, I maintain that this is NIN's most fascinating/perplexing/confusing release to properly rank. I am looking forward to getting my hands on the vinyl! Hopefully, Pitchfork gives it the old 5.3 stamp of approval.
    Last edited by Failure; 12-19-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has anyone spotted this at retail yet?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Has anyone spotted this at retail yet?
    Not until January.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Not until January.
    I didn't realize there was a mass retail release date. Is it the 10th of January? That's what Amazon said when I checked.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I didn't realize there was a mass retail release date. Is it the 10th of January? That's what Amazon said when I checked.
    Not certain but that sounds right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Who actually works at the NIN store dispatch? I ordered a few things Dec 17 with expedited shipping expecting to have them by Christmas. Emailed support asking if it's going to ship in time for that to even matter and got radio silence. Order still unshipped.

Great job!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Who actually works at the NIN store dispatch? I ordered a few things Dec 17 with expedited shipping expecting to have them by Christmas. Emailed support asking if it's going to ship in time for that to even matter and got radio silence. Order still unshipped.

Great job!
    Yeah, their customer service isn't great. They get to it when they get to it pretty much.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah, their customer service isn't great. They get to it when they get to it pretty much.
    So understandably so or maybe not this is the holiday season...but that being said, my wife had the same issue back in March when she ordered my Cargo in the Blood set. She ordered expedited shipping and it took forever to get shipped.
    She eventually got a hold of CSR and she had the shipping costs refunded.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    So understandably so or maybe not this is the holiday season...but that being said, my wife had the same issue back in March when she ordered my Cargo in the Blood set. She ordered expedited shipping and it took forever to get shipped.
    She eventually got a hold of CSR and she had the shipping costs refunded.
    Via what? Email? I got a response today (7 days) after I asked if it was going to ship for Christmas or not and said I'd like to cancel if it isn't. They said:

"Thank you for your contact and our sincerest apologies for the delay! Our team is working feverishly, around the clock to get all of these orders out!

You will receive an automatic email notification with tracking info as soon as your order is on its way.

We appreciate your patience and support! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime."

A 7 days later copy paste bullshit response that had nothing to do with the words I wrote them. Outstanding work everyone.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Has anyone posted scans or photos of the With Teeth essay? Still hanging to read it if anyone can help a brother out.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So i'm 99% sure my incredible girlfriend bought me the with_teeth reissue for christmas and i'm so excited to open it I can barely breathe. I've been wanting this record on vinyl for years and i'm so thankful that it's finally available again.
    SHE DID IT.

The crazy woman also got me the white antichrist superstar and red holy wood bootlegs on her own too.

Who the fuck is this woman.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A keeper!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    SHE DID IT.

The crazy woman also got me the white antichrist superstar and red holy wood bootlegs on her own too.

Who the fuck is this woman.
    A woman who gets three orgasms before you get to go off for the rest of your life.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Fat chance, but does anyone have an extra copy of VOL.1 of the watchmen soundtrack? SRCVinyl fucked me over and never shipped my order and now its sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Via what? Email? I got a response today (7 days) after I asked if it was going to ship for Christmas or not and said I'd like to cancel if it isn't. They said:

"Thank you for your contact and our sincerest apologies for the delay! Our team is working feverishly, around the clock to get all of these orders out!

You will receive an automatic email notification with tracking info as soon as your order is on its way.

We appreciate your patience and support! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime."

A 7 days later copy paste bullshit response that had nothing to do with the words I wrote them. Outstanding work everyone.
    I honestly got the same response but for a non related NIN item from the Rhino US store for something I bought last month that hasn't shipped yet.

Unfortunately I also bought a ton of items from the NIN store around the same time and still hasn't shipped yet, they'll probably give the same response as well.

I wonder if I can get a trifecta response with Amazon since my Watchmen Vol 3. is still under delivery date pending.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    I honestly got the same response but for a non related NIN item from the Rhino US store for something I bought last month that hasn't shipped yet.

Unfortunately I also bought a ton of items from the NIN store around the same time and still hasn't shipped yet, they'll probably give the same response as well.

I wonder if I can get a trifecta response with Amazon since my Watchmen Vol 3. is still under delivery date pending.
    I would get my credit card issuer involved in charging this back if I wasn't likely to need the NIN store to buy future releases...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Out of curiousity, is the original pressing worth much? I've got one still shrink wrapped which I don't really wanna sell but, well, times are hard.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggies_pinion View Post
    Out of curiousity, is the original pressing worth much? I've got one still shrink wrapped which I don't really wanna sell but, well, times are hard.
    Check eBay and Discogs to see where the market is at. It could go high if you connect with the right buyer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Amazon just sent me the email that WT DE will be here between the 16th-17th! Was starting to get worried they were going to refund me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Sunrise Records (Canada) has these on order. My store in London, ON (White Oaks Mall) has 8 copied on order. Jan 10th might be the date they put them on the shelves.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    A woman who gets three orgasms before you get to go off for the rest of your life.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Great Amazon.ca is temporary out of stock in the fulfillment centre near me. Seriously Amazon.ca needs to get there shit together with preorders. Between this and the Watchmen this is getting ridiculous being a prime member.

Edit: finally got them to ship With Teeth out. Be here tomorrow. Still waiting for Vol 2 Canadian release date.
    Last edited by Leprekon666; 01-10-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ They can't ship it to you on release date if they don't get it from the record company on release date, even if it's Amazon and they list what turns out to be inaccurate. I heard today that the projected date for a new Universal Canada shipment of Watchmen Vol. 2 was coming at the end of the month, so maybe we can expect to see it in stores February? I have a back-order alert on at a local store until then, but I gave up waiting on With Teeth and got it from Amazon... arrived yesterday, looks and sounds really good! Glad I splurged for this, even though I already have other copies of the album in other formats (DualDisc... plus cassette, haha)... the full thing is great: download card, booklet, poster, nicely pressed vinyl.
    Last edited by botley; 01-15-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ They can't ship it to you on release date if they don't get it from the record company on release date, even if it's Amazon and they list what turns out to be inaccurate. I heard today that the projected date for a new Universal Canada shipment of Watchmen Vol. 2 was coming at the end of the month, so maybe we can expect to see it in stores February? I have a back-order alert on at a local store until then, but I gave up waiting on With Teeth and got it from Amazon... arrived yesterday, looks and sounds really good! Glad I splurged for this, even though I already have other copies of the album in other formats (DualDisc... plus cassette, haha)... the full thing is great: download card, booklet, poster, nicely pressed vinyl.
    They had stock but not enough. Funny how I got it on Saturday the next day of release and had a damaged one and got replacement on Monday but told me it be late the week after. But I could place a order and they had stock. Typical amazon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What are the odds of the remix albums / EPs getting re-released on vinyl? I need a Things Falling Apart on vinyl.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What are the odds of the remix albums / EPs getting re-released on vinyl? I need a Things Falling Apart on vinyl.
    Bring the Further Down The Spirals, March Of The Pigs singles/EPs, Closer singles/EPs remixes and TDS era b-sides/non-album tracks together as a deluxe Even Further Down The Spiral. Bring together Still, TDTWWA, Things Falling Apart, and other TF b-sides/remixes together as Things Still Falling Apart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Bring the Further Down The Spirals, March Of The Pigs singles/EPs, Closer singles/EPs remixes and TDS era b-sides/non-album tracks together as a deluxe Even Further Down The Spiral. Bring together Still, TDTWWA, Things Falling Apart, and other TF b-sides/remixes together as Things Still Falling Apart.
    I don’t see this happening. If anything, I see them reissuing the halos as they initially were on vinyl with FDTS making its first appearance on vinyl of course.

It’s likely we’ll see Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D on vinyl as the original one had exclusive tracks. And if they did that, then it would make sense to reissue Fixed, Things Falling Apart (which itself had a very slight track list change on vinyl), and FDTS as a “round 2” of the vinyl reissues.

ETA: 2026.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I just stumbled upon a copy of with teeth at Barnes and Noble, so if you are looking you may want to stop by your local store.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    If anything, I see them reissuing the halos as they initially were on vinyl with FDTS making its first appearance on vinyl of course.

It’s likely we’ll see Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D on vinyl as the original one had exclusive tracks. And if they did that, then it would make sense to reissue Fixed, Things Falling Apart (which itself had a very slight track list change on vinyl), and FDTS as a “round 2” of the vinyl reissues.

ETA: 2026.
    I don't think the NIN camp would do all that extra legwork (of remastering and artwork restoration) that they put into the Definitive Edition reissues just for ancillary stuff like remixes that've already been out on vinyl. I know that they have discussed doing some kind of vinyl edition for Still, which has yet to debut on the format, and I could maybe see Interscope doing a plain-vanilla 2x12" vinyl edition for Further Down (probably just copying over its North American CD configuration), as a limited Record Store Day-type thing. But the obvious next move is a Year Zero album reissue; talk about an idea whose time has come.
    Last edited by botley; 01-19-2020 at 02:05 PM.