Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hoping to get a shipping notice soon for my cd and vinyl. I'm holding out on hearing the album until i have the physical copy, and it sucks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Hoping to get a shipping notice soon for my cd and vinyl. I'm holding out on hearing the album until i have the physical copy, and it sucks.
    There may be no notification. I was reminded that there were none for the singles on vinyl.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    There may be no notification. I was reminded that there were none for the singles on vinyl.
    Were the singles handled by Bandcamp? If Bandcamp is handling distribution, I would imagine there would be a shipping notice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    With Bandcamp, a notification is usually sent, yeah. I guess if anyone just randomly gets receives their shit, please let the rest of us know

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Were the singles handled by Bandcamp? If Bandcamp is handling distribution, I would imagine there would be a shipping notice.
    bandcamp doesn't handle distribution, it's still up to the artist. they just give you the platform to distribute digitally and have a marketplace. so i imagine the albums will be packed and shipped by the band and anyone who is helping them out, just like the singles were.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Purely speculation but I'm wondering if they'll bring their EU orders with them to distribute while they're here over the weekend.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I hear you. I didn't really know what to expect with the No Devotion stuff because Rickly or the Lostprophets never sounded like Joy Division or the Cure in their other bands, so the first time I heard Permanence, I was pleasantly surprised with how well they nailed their influences. Derivative perhaps, but I've never imagined Rickly getting down the way he does on the No Devotion record, so it was a nice change of pace
    I just heard the No Devotion album and, although it's very good, I didn't get the whole New Order/The Cure references outside of a couple of tracks. I thought it sounded a lot like Kill Hannah.

On topic, I do hope they tour for this album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Black Queen are recording a live session for BBC Radio 1's Rock Show (see Daniel P Carter's Instagram). Off topic, Daniel P Carter is involved in one of the worst live bands I've ever seen. I can't even remember their name. They were awful tho

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    The Black Queen are recording a live session for BBC Radio 1's Rock Show (see Daniel P Carter's Instagram). Off topic, Daniel P Carter is involved in one of the worst live bands I've ever seen. I can't even remember their name. They were awful tho
    "Daniel P Carter is a British musician and radio DJ. He is currently the singer and guitarist for hardcore punk band Hexes, bassist for A, and guitarist for metal group Krokodil and alternative rock band Bloodhound Gang."

weird.

anyway, i'm interested to hear how the songs sound different in a live setting.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone know when this is playing and PLEASE tell me someone is recording it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well, the Rock Show with Daniel P Carter airs at 7pm GMT on Sundays. I'd hope that they'd tell us the date beforehand. I plan on grabbing the stream. I can definitely grab a poor stream with a 48Kbps HE-AAC/LC encoding (roughly equivalent to 96Kbps mp3), since that's the general stream. I think that I have a link to a 320k stream, but I've got to mess with a proxy first since it looks like it's UK only. I'll mess with it tomorrow and see what I can get. They've also sometimes posted the Maide Vale sessions online, since I remember watching the Eagles of Death Metal session.

Edit 1: Now I can access the non-uk 96Kbps HE-AAC/LC stream, so that's slightly better.
    Edit 2: Once I've verified that I have valid streams, I'll post the links and instructions on how to access the streams, for those who don't want to listen to the low bit rate player.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 02-05-2016 at 12:34 AM. Reason: more info

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "Daniel P Carter is a British musician and radio DJ. He is currently the singer and guitarist for hardcore punk band Hexes, bassist for A, and guitarist for metal group Krokodil and alternative rock band Bloodhound Gang."

weird.

anyway, i'm interested to hear how the songs sound different in a live setting.
    I think it was either Hexes or Krokodil I saw. Either way, they were shocking.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Tonight at Oslo, Hackney, London. Absolutely sensational. Can't say enough just how good they were. So made up to finally see a Josh Eustis project. Everything that man touches is gold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have lyrics for Fever Daydream been posted anywhere yet? I'm not finding anything.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It looks like this week's show has the Maida Vale session with Basement... so maybe we'll get The Black Queen next week.
    Streaming options:
    Option A: Use their player online. There might be a higher bit rate if you're in the UK... outside the UK it's ~48kbps AAC
    Option B: Use VLC with out a proxy. Their system is smart enough to check your country, so if you're not in the UK, you have to use the non-uk stream.
    Stream address: http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...radio_one.m3u8
    You'll need VLC to open the stream; it works on Windows, Mac OS X and *nix. The next instructions might be slightly different depending upon your OS. Under the "File" menu, go to "Open Network." Paste the URL into the URL box and hit the Open button. You should have the stream. This is ~96kbps AAC.
    Option C: Use VLC with a proxy. I don't know of a specific proxy server for the UK... I'm using tunnelbear, since I had success with it during the last NIN Europe tour. You just open tunnelbear and chose the UK for your address... you have to be in one of the countries that tunnelbear works. VLC also has a proxy server option, if you have a proxy server in the UK. Once you have tunnelbear running, you follow the same procedure with VLC as Option B, but you use the UK URL: http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...radio_one.m3u8
    This is ~322kbps AAC. The one caveat with tunnelbear is that you get 500MB free a month; listening to this stream at high quality for an hour is ~153MB. All of your internet traffic gets routed through tunnelbear, so you have to watch the amount of data transmitted. A proxy server in the UK would be better, but I don't have a reliable list.

Update: I left the bad stream running during today's show while I was doing other things. Daniel P Carter said that he'd play the session "in a few weeks time." I'll keep checking the show page; they updated it on Friday to state what session he was playing on Sunday. Also, he played two songs from the Basement session during hour one and the rest during hour two.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 02-07-2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: more info

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sorry for the big post. This email was received by a lot of us this weekend but I wanted to share:

They shared some BTS photos as well...including this one.

If you click on the photo in the email it takes you to all FEVER DAYDREAM lyrics - here you go Tortfeazor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like the wait for t shirts to come back in stock is going to be interminable.

I'm really loving this record. I feel like it could've easily slipped across the line into being like a cheesy, almost parody type of album, but it manages to maintain a cool retro vibe with enough freshness to really be something special. I'm glad the reception has been so positive, I really can't wait for more.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I feel like the wait for t shirts to come back in stock is going to be interminable.

I'm really loving this record. I feel like it could've easily slipped across the line into being like a cheesy, almost parody type of album, but it manages to maintain a cool retro vibe with enough freshness to really be something special. I'm glad the reception has been so positive, I really can't wait for more.
    they've been pretty clear that there won't be any "back in stock" of anything once it's sold out. everything is limited in quantities, and once it's gone, it's gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    they've been pretty clear that there won't be any "back in stock" of anything once it's sold out. everything is limited in quantities, and once it's gone, it's gone.
    The black logo tee says that it'll be restocked "occasionally" until they feel like discontinuing it. I'm sure occasionally will be the new "soon".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They had some of the black logo t at the London show, so imagine it'll go back up in the near future

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This week's Rock Show with Daniel P Carter features Bristol's Milk Teeth in session, so it will be at least another week before the Black Queen session is played.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know my records better arrive real soon or someone is getting cut!
    But seriously, weren't they supposed to be mailed on the 3rd or something?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    I know my records better arrive real soon or someone is getting cut!
    But seriously, weren't they supposed to be mailed on the 3rd or something?
    They posted on instagram that they were slowly being sent out. As with the singles I'm sure it'll take a long time to actually arrive.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yep another day down and no vinyl

Oh well...until next week.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Called Amoeba music here in LA and they are holding a copy of the vinyl for me to pick up. I have no idea what version it is too but I will find out tomorrow.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    http://imgur.com/a/lHr7E

Number 311 of 1000. First press.

Not a great shot, did it in a hurry.

Updated*
    Last edited by virushopper; 02-14-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not my picture but... *give it to me now*
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvKg6bj...ksiderecordspk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Does the vinyl have lyrics?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Good question. Anybody gotten their stuff who ordered from bandcamp, or a shipping confirmation?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Not on my copy:

http://imgur.com/a/lHr7E

Not even a download code.
    Last edited by virushopper; 02-14-2016 at 01:13 AM.