Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 3060

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That's a record I think!
    It was only played once on the FDTS tour.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    yet I still need to see it live. :/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    5 in a row without Terrible Lie now!

What time are they hitting the stage?
    Came on at 9pm on the dot.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Everyone enjoying cold cave?

I can't decide when to pick my tickets up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everyone enjoying cold cave?
    I can't really say that I do enjoy them. To my mind they were okay but nothing that i admired. I was glad about them announcing their last song. Especially because they did not play the songs I like a bit or the songst that feel more audible to me. Quite oppositional to the end of the NIN - performance I attended which was superb.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Playlists before the show were great. Hope he posts them somewhere.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It was only played once on the FDTS tour.
    Of recent times I mean, post Fragile.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    yet I still need to see it live. :/
    Haha wow. How? Never played at any show you've been to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let me see, first time back on ETS since the old board closed and a long time since I last witnessed the negativity of the great below, but for all that it is easier to see.

I thoroughly enjoyed Birmingham on Sunday night and have absolutely no complaints about set list nonsense, as the mix of new and familiar material seemed pretty well balanced. Did I obsess over what would be played when I reserved my tickets? Not a fucking chance.

"How" NiN play is as much the show as "what" and that struck me again, as five years have passed since Wave Goodbye. The creative effort that has gone into the arrangement of the songs and the accompanying visuals, no matter how familiar, gives them such a fresh take ... with the understandable exception of Hurt, a nod to tradition.

That's the joy of just appreciating the performance for what it was. Visceral, stripped down, relentless, an outstanding live band visibly enjoying what they do, which resulted in an indelible stupid grin, hoarse throat and hearing shutdown still in recovery. It was demanding to take it all in and I would imagine playing twenty NiN songs in ninety minutes is a pretty brutal effort for anyone turned 49 ... then repeat six times this week. At three years younger I truly take off my hat to that.

Cold Cave may have given a credible performance, but sadly owing to the dreadful work on the mixing desk, all I heard was a dirge of low pitch vocals drowning in a saturated mess of synth noise. The quick experiment of sticking my fingers in my ears desaturated them enough to restore the detail in the vocal and synth tracks, even if it looked a bit stupid in the middle of a concert. Perhaps their music arrangement could be reworked in future for live performances, but no doubt better mixing and less volume may well lead to seriously improved quality.

In comparison, NiN peaked much louder and maintained absolute clarity, well at least until the moments they hit the speaker limits ... it's been a long time since sheer sound volume felt like wind in my hair!

I don't give a damn if they played [insert song here] again, or that Allesandro might not have quite on the mark (or was drowned out a bit) during Copy Of A, or that March Of The Pigs and a few other peak moments saturated the speakers. Imperfection is reality. That was the best live performance I've seen in five years and if anyone else didn't, or doesn't, enjoy it as much ... the stark truth is? That's not my loss to care about.

Go. See. Hear. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Southwestwall; 05-19-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Does anybody have a spare ticket for the Amsterdam concert 5/27?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anybody have photos of the merch that is being offered on European tour?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orobinec View Post
    Does anybody have photos of the merch that is being offered on European tour?
    icklekitty

Join DateNov 2011LocationLondonPosts1,292Mentioned18 Post(s)

They're on the last page of this tread. http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...206#post185206

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Haha wow. How? Never played at any show you've been to?
    Seriously? No! And it's a damn shame! While others might pray for it to be removed from the set it actually is one of my favorite songs to be performed live. At least I witnessed sin once but no terrible lie... Yet!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It looks like TR leaves the God-confronting songs behind this leg ? (Terrible Lie, Heresy, Sin,..)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkelpop View Post
    It looks like TR leaves the God-confronting songs behind this leg ? (Terrible Lie, Heresy, Sin,..)
    Well he hardly ever plays Heresy and Sin, Terrible Lie being gone is weird, but maybe he's feeling done with it, like he was with Closer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Well he hardly ever plays Heresy and Sin, Terrible Lie being gone is weird, but maybe he's feeling done with it, like he was with Closer?
    possible, but as mentioned in the other thread, it was the first time he told he found a believe in God, and these are the songs that kinda reject that..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    ...no, he's never mentioned NOT having a belief in god, plus heresy isn't anti-god and I don't think Sin is either. Also, not getting dragged into this, go to the god thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    With the whole belief in God thing, what about The Wretched? He still plays that and it's more angry with God than atheist. If you're an atheist you can't blame God for shit happening, it just does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scotland setlist? Anyone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It'll only be 40 mins into the set so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About half way through perhaps, if the timings remain similar to Sunday ... still being played!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I really don't get why people act like you can't sing a song that you don't directly agree with. No one in Rammstein is gay but they'll plan Mann Gegen Mann which is all about being gay, and they've not eaten people but they play Mein Teil at like every show ever; David Bowie was never an alien from another planet but he sure did play Ziggy Stardust all the time; Trent Reznor has never lived in future America as a member of the Republican elite but they've played Capital G live; Trent never shot his brains out but they've played The Downward Spiral.

Seriously, even if he gives a shit about God it's not like singing Terrible Lie or Heresy is going to suddenly make him feel bad, I don't get why everyone is so hung up on his potential beliefs. Big deal. Heresy probably wouldn't fit with what they're doing, Terrible Lie has been played non-stop forever so now that they're finally discarding it for a bit I don't see the point in being upset, Sin hasn't been played in forever and even then that's pretty clearly about a relationship more than anything, really.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Saw some instagrams from Glasgow, definitely seems like closer, march of the pigs, but saw a vid that looked blue so possibly find my way? And one that seemed like the frail

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Set list plaze.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sin has gotta come back at some point, with those groove new analog-ey sounding synth hooks they have been using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I really don't get why people act like you can't sing a song that you don't directly agree with. No one in Rammstein is gay but they'll plan Mann Gegen Mann which is all about being gay, and they've not eaten people but they play Mein Teil at like every show ever; David Bowie was never an alien from another planet but he sure did play Ziggy Stardust all the time; Trent Reznor has never lived in future America as a member of the Republican elite but they've played Capital G live; Trent never shot his brains out but they've played The Downward Spiral.

Seriously, even if he gives a shit about God it's not like singing Terrible Lie or Heresy is going to suddenly make him feel bad, I don't get why everyone is so hung up on his potential beliefs. Big deal. Heresy probably wouldn't fit with what they're doing, Terrible Lie has been played non-stop forever so now that they're finally discarding it for a bit I don't see the point in being upset, Sin hasn't been played in forever and even then that's pretty clearly about a relationship more than anything, really.

To some degree though, when people create sometimes put themselves and what they feel, think or believe into it, so I don't necessarily think it's moronic for anyone to wonder if some songs indicate where the artist stands on certain things. Having said that, you do make a good point that not everything is autobiographical or necessarily relates back to self or expresses a personal belief, but still...honestly we don't know which one of those is true where NIN is concerned so posing the question is fair play I think. This is derailing the thread though and because of the subject matter this can only go on for so long before this gets really ugly so I'm bowing out NOWWWWW...!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Saw some instagrams from Glasgow, definitely seems like closer, march of the pigs, but saw a vid that looked blue so possibly find my way? And one that seemed like the frail
    Piano one was defo The Frail - was starting to think TF/TW had gone as well as TL....saw 1,000,000 too

And hoping FMW is back, love that live...with the freaky moves Trent makes towards the end...!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    And I hate to double post it, but seriously? you guys are getting all butt hurt about songs that have been played to death over the last 25 years, getting rotated out of the setlist? L O fuckin L this is the last thing I would be overanalyzing. TR has said time and time again that if he cant get into the song, he doesn't play it. Shit, at least the guy isnt afraid to try new stuff though, unlike some bands like Tool or Rammstein (2 of my favorite bands so its not an insult, its the truth) and if it doesnt work, then it goes away for awhile. Could be 5 or 10 years, or in the case of The Only Time and Happiness In Slavery, FOREVER. remember when in 2009 after claiming it would never be played live, Last was played? or how about Metal, Heresy, Ruiner, and I Do Not Want This?

Blew my mind hearing Sanctified played for the first time in like 17 years, from the Fuji Rock Fest last year.

Anyways, hopeful at some point we get to hear Everything live. (and Down In It again)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    All of these setlists look so good, like, damn. I realized I posted it on the wrong thread earlier so I guess I'll bring it up here, but have they ever done MIN and The Warning at the same show before? They've always seemed like they get swapped out for one another.

Also have they done Eater of Dreams into MIN this tour? That sounds really different.