Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2050

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's crazy that was ten years ago... and yeah, that was a really awful thing... We actually originally told each other to fuck off on the board for a while, and then randomly became friends, chatted about stuff. He made me a "happy birthday Jinsai" thread. Then, well... yeah, that was awful. I don't really feel like I know how to put it properly.
    Ha! My relationship with him started similarly. I never interacted with him much but he fucking LIT ME UP after I left positive feedback for someone in his bootleg trading feedback thread for a poster purchase. If I hadn't said it was for a poster purchase nothing would've ever come of it. After some heated DMs back and forth, he did a complete 180 and we became friendly. We chatted with increasingly frequency...almost daily at one point (when our schedules crossed) near the end. He could be brash and abrasive but if he liked you, you were golden. I know something went down on the boards but can't remember all the drama that happened at the time and that's probably for the best.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, awful. I remember a weekend when a young girl made a thread in which she said she was going to kill herself. Blud, theruiner and myself saw it and we sort of worked together to convinced her to get help.

I often think about his kids; I hope they got through this and that they made a good life for themselves.

I hope you are at peace, Mick,

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

i remember when the call for support went out on the board. i sent eatyourblud a card with this image. i think of him and his family from time to time when i look at it.

i’m so happy ALL of you are here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Woke up today to an inebriated stranger standing in a corner outside of our house, between our front door & side kitchen window. Banging his head on the walls & mumbling incoherently. He was presumably too drunk to know where he was. It must have been cold overnight because (gross) Spoiler: he hocked up snot & mucus on our house!!?! WTF

not a fan of cops but i didn’t hesitate to call it in.. they showed up shortly & got him to walk away.
    Creepy shit, definitely not going back to bed this morning.
    Last edited by Soma; 04-25-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This happened on Sunday but it's constant.

Our pup, a 9-10yo German Shepherd, was really struggling early last week when we had a cold snap and snow storm. I figured it was arthritis, possibly sudden-onset dysplasia, when Brock could barely get up on Monday morning and then struggled immensely to walk out of the bedroom for his morning constitutional. His entire right side was lame and seemed like it was totally asleep given how hard he was struggling.

And then I noticed he was voluntarily tripoding, keeping his back right leg from touching the ground unless it was absolutely necessary.

I did a cursory check and his right elbow was massively inflamed with what felt like this new, enormous bony growth. His right hip felt similar: huge bony cone in the joint. Any touches to either leg were met with immediate licks and pushes by his snout to get hands away.

He's played this game in our backyard where he chases the semi-hourly buses along the entire property line as our 110' fence runs along an extremely busy thoroughfare, barking like crazy when he approaches the property line to scare the buses away. He runs full speed before throwing on the brakes at the last minute to skid to a stop before turning around immediately tearing off in the direction he came, barking and warning any other buses of his presence. And thank God we got him. We haven't had a single bus attack since his adoption.

But 6 years of that has gotten the behavior completely ingrained. He can't not be on guard and on duty 100% of the time we let him out. I assumed this was going to lead to problems down the line as he can't not give it all every chase.

Anyway, the week went on. I did some research on dysplasia and we got him some aspirin because he is highly allergic to Ibuprofen derivatives. We got him on Rovera last year and didn't realize until two months in that the allergic reaction he was having around his mouth and on his neck that he kept itching to the point of huge, oozing wounds was caused by the Rovera.

We only gave him 5x 325mg pills over the course of 3 days and within that time, it caused gastric distress and stomach bleeding.

We finally got an appointment at the closest VCA location on Sunday afternoon and they gave us the awesome news: his right ACL is partially torn.

He's on post-surgery recovery orders: no walks, only outside to pee/poop, and then rest, rest, rest. He's on prednisone for inflammation and gabapentin for pain relief and both seem to be helping but once yesterday and twice today, we let him out to pee. I pay very close attention to the bus schedule because it's gotten to the point where he wouldn't pee or poop until he got a bus, even if he hadn't been outside in 8 hours. He's gotten better about it since being injured but still couldn't just let the buses go by. It was partially my fault for not checking down the street (we can see like 2 miles to the north looking that way from the fence) but it was well after the times the bus should've gone by but was late.

I am terrified he's going to tear his ACL completely because he can't just relax and be calm and if he does, I have no faith he won't tear it again almost immediately after it heals and this isn't a surgery I can go through multiple times. The first dog I remember having (also a GSD), tore her ACL, had the surgery, and 2 days after she was "recovered," tore it again.

And the best part is that we're trying to sell our house so tomorrow, we have to figure out what to do with a dog who can't really move for 3 hours while photos are being taken and we can't be in the house.

I'm so fucking sick of every goddamned motherfucking piece of shit day having more bullshit to pile on.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Can you put him in your car or to a friends house while the pictures are being taken of your home?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    woke up to a transphobic comment on one of my pictures on twitter. really trying not to let it get to me but it's just fucking up my whole day. i feel sick to my stomach. it's been a while since i've had to deal with someone directing hatred right at me.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    delete and block that motherfucker!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    just had someone without a mask cough twice DIRECTLY into my face, and then sniffle. I swear... If I just caught Covid...

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    woke up to a transphobic comment on one of my pictures on twitter. really trying not to let it get to me but it's just fucking up my whole day. i feel sick to my stomach. it's been a while since i've had to deal with someone directing hatred right at me.

I don't touch Twitter. It's complete bullshit... without a doubt the worst internet discourse this side of 4Chan.

There's a reason it got Donald Trump elected.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-30-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have paralysis in the left side of my face that keeps coming back. I really hope it goes away!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene Nymph View Post
    I have paralysis in the left side of my face that keeps coming back. I really hope it goes away!
    I'm no doctor but the first thing that came to my mind is Bell's Palsy. Anyway, you should definitely get it checked out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I'm no doctor but the first thing that came to my mind is Bell's Palsy. Anyway, you should definitely get it checked out.
    Yup. I had Bells Palsy when I was in my 20s. I did a course of prednisone, and I had 100% recovery without any eye
    droop. Not everyone is so lucky.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    There's no thread for where this should go, and my day hasn't been really fucked, but I noticed outside the window a bird that looked like it had flown into it and broken its neck, but it was still alive. This was around 8 am, and it was twitching and occasionally spasming around on the ground. When the sun got bright overhead, I went out and moved it into the shade... figuring this wasn't going to last too long, and it doesn't need to be sitting there in the sun.

It's ten hours later, and this bird is still alive, twitching and curling its smashed leg up. It does seem to be doing somewhat "better" but I don't know. I have been considering just grabbing a 25 pound weight... Either way, it's not going to survive through the night. Something out there will kill it. Not sure what the "right thing" to do here is.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Ugh, I hate things like that. I would say let mother nature take it's course. Poor thing.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    yeah, I wound up making an enclosure so at least it wouldn't be eaten... I'd imagine most things are preferable. I got strangely attached there. I named him Blinky.
    And nope, he didn't survive. RIP Blinky.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    yeah, I wound up making an enclosure so at least it wouldn't be eaten... I'd imagine most things are preferable. I got strangely attached there. I named him Blinky.
    And nope, he didn't survive. RIP Blinky.
    so sorry about the birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Blinky's spirit is free to terrorize Pac-Man once again. what have you done.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    For first time in over year, day 1 of doc-a-palooza yesterday. Didn't go so great. Round 2 today. Bleh. Lot more traffic now & even that wears me out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Last week, the hot water tank in my house broke.

Originally, I had emailed my landlords lawyer to get it fixed, because I'm still in this place for another week or two, but she had indicated she was too busy to deal with it, so I dealt with it. It was a rental hot water heater, so it didn't cost me anything. When the company left, they didn't leave me any paperwork or anything, but I figured it was done with.

Yesterday I got an email form my landlords real estate agent saying that they are coming into my house on Friday to get contract paperwork for the new rental and take photos. I explained to him that they didn't leave any, and that he should contact the company that replaced it. I also pointed out that we have a signed agreement that specified times when they can enter the house with relation to selling it in order to protect my safety during pandemic (we're under a stay-at-home order right now), and that the time he picked was outside of that.

He then said that "we are not here to negotiate or argue with you" and that they were coming in anyways. He said that real estate transactions are considered essential, so the current stay-at-home order doesn't apply. He also stated explicitly that as long as he gives 24 hours notice he can come in any time he wants, and that our signed agreement doesn't apply, since the house has been sold, and these are no longer viewings to sell the house.

I've refused, flat out and told him he is not to enter the home on Friday.

The landlord and their agents are legally prohibited from taking photos of a home that a tenant is still living in without consent, and I did not give consent. The landlord and their agents are also only allowed to enter for certain reasons, and searching for documents isn't on the list.

I'm not sure if he's actually going to stay away, or if I'm going to have to physically fight him off at the door tomorrow.

Moving day can't come soon enough.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    keep a baseball bat and ball and glove by the door. you know, just in case you want to go out tomorrow afternoon for a quick pickup game.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Been having stomach pains for weeks and finally got a breath test done for Helicobacter pylori. Turned out a very strong positive result. Now on a very strong course of 3 types of antibiotics for it. Also need to check I don’t have any internal bleeding from it due to low iron levels.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Been having stomach pains for weeks and finally got a breath test done for Helicobacter pylori. Turned out a very strong positive result. Now on a very strong course of 3 types of antibiotics for it. Also need to check I don’t have any internal bleeding from it due to low iron levels.
    On top of this I now have a massive head cold and feel like I’ve been hit in the head/throat with an anvil.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Update:

Had the colonoscopy and endoscopy done on Friday the 18th of June. First time I’ve ever been put under any sort of anaesthetic (I mean, I’ve never broken a bone let alone had any kind of exploratory surgery; I think the worst thing I’ve had is a sprained ankle).

Anyway, no ulcer was found. A few (three I think?) polyps were found and removed, and several samples were taken for biopsy. There was nothing he could see of immediate concern.

So I think it’s going to be a situation of getting these biopsies back and seeing if I have Crohn’s disease, or IBS, or if the strain of Helicobacter Pylori I do have (or had) is a different strain and will need to be treated with a different type of antibiotic or antibiotics.

The professor is going to give me a call on July 2 (Friday) to give me the lowdown.

As soon as I turned to my side, put my knees in the fetal position, had a round thing put in my mouth to bite down on and had some crap sprayed down my throat I was out like a light. I’m kind of glad I had it done now because I won’t be as afraid if I have to have anything similar done later in life.

On the plus side, I didn’t shit my pants/shit the bed following the Picoprep intake. There was some residual blood in the toilet bowl following the procedure but that’s common with polyp removal.

Ah, the fun of it all!
    Last edited by Erneuert; 06-21-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Update:

Had the colonoscopy and endoscopy done on Friday the 18th of June. First time I’ve ever been put under any sort of anaesthetic (I mean, I’ve never broken a bone let alone had any kind of exploratory surgery; I think the worst thing I’ve had is a sprained ankle).

Anyway, no ulcer was found. A few (three I think?) polyps were found and removed, and several samples were taken for biopsy. There was nothing he could see of immediate concern.

So I think it’s going to be a situation of getting these biopsies back and seeing if I have Crohn’s disease, or IBS, or if the strain of Helicobacter Pylori I do have (or had) is a different strain and will need to be treated with a different type of antibiotic or antibiotics.

The professor is going to give me a call on July 2 (Friday) to give me the lowdown.

As soon as I turned to my side, put my knees in the fetal position, had a round thing put in my mouth to bite down on and had some crap sprayed down my throat I was out like a light. I’m kind of glad I had it done now because I won’t be as afraid if I have to have anything similar done later in life.

On the plus side, I didn’t shit my pants/shit the bed following the Picoprep intake. There was some residual blood in the toilet bowl following the procedure but that’s common with polyp removal.

Ah, the fun of it all!
    I don't know about in Australia but here they don't put you under for the colonoscopy, nor the endo. My uncle-in-law just had an endo (they took biopsies and found cancer but he doesn't want to tell anyone but his sister (my mother-in-law) is terrible when she's worried. anyway, they didn't put him out for it nor give him any kind of anesthesia. And for the colonoscopy they can give you this drug that knocks you out, sure, but it isn't immediate. you're awake through the procedure and then you fall asleep and forget everything.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3109467/

apparently going in dry is an option, I did not know that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Also, I had a bad reaction to the prep (projectile vomiting, etc). Now I'm having the 2 procedures on July 2 with a different prep.
    OMG this last prep made me SO sick, I didn’t even FINISH it like I was supposed to the night before.

There’s been a national shortage of Trilyte and Golytely, so docs have had to prescribe alternatives.

The alternative prescribed for me (the only one they could find, at a local Walgreens) was PEG-3350 + Electrolytes. PUKE. I hope they find you a better prep and that you feel better.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-21-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    OMG this last prep made me SO sick, I didn’t even FINISH it like I was supposed to the night before.

There’s been a national shortage of Trilyte and Golytely, so docs have had to prescribe alternatives.

The alternative prescribed for me (the only one they could find, at a local Walgreens) was PEG-3350 + Electrolytes. PUKE. I hope they find you a better prep and that you feel better.
    Thank you @allegro . It may be my particular maladies but they are putting me out for the procedures. That camera down the throat would be instant panic attack, so it's a good thing.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

I was actually meant to have this procedure two years ago (when I was 30). I took the picoprep and everything, but chickened out at the last minute the next morning because I had never been anaesthetised before. It didn’t affect me in any way apart from the liquid poo for a little while. I didn’t mind the taste that much either. Just very tangy. I’ve been told most people hate it and I’m one of the few who can tolerate it.

This second time around (actually going through with everything) I took the exact same picoprep but started feeling nauseous after the second of the three doses. I didn’t vomit, but I sure as hell didn’t feel the best. Took an anti nausea pill and I was fine after that though.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Update:

Ah, the fun of it all!
    Glad you are ok. I'm going through similar right now. I had a minor heart attack brought on by some internal bleeding. Was in the hospital 5 days & it was decided I needed the 2 procedures you went through. For whatever reason, they didn't do them while I was in the hospital. So, I went in for the 2 procedures & it was decided that they didn't like my vital signs. Also, I had a bad reaction to the prep (projectile vomiting, etc). Now I'm having the 2 procedures on July 2 with a different prep. In the meantime, not feeling well at all. They stopped all RA treatments until the other issue is solved. So, all of my joints are swollen & I'm not able to get around much. So far it has been a miserable start to summer. Hope you feel better soon.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @Erneuert That sucks, sorry to hear that. Once you're done with the antibiotics, I highly suggest getting a good probiotic and take it with unmodified potato starch in water. The potato starch is essentially food for the good bugs.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    @Erneuert That sucks, sorry to hear that. Once you're done with the antibiotics, I highly suggest getting a good probiotic and take it with unmodified potato starch in water. The potato starch is essentially food for the good bugs.
    Yeah, my gastroenterologist suggested I start taking a probiotic last Friday, which I have been doing since then.

Prior to the breath test I also had a stool sample taken and Adenovirus was detected. A CT scan, ultrasound and blood work all came back normal, though, so it just seems like this damn virus is causing all the pain. Once this lot of treatment is done I’ll be going for another breath test to see if it’s dead. If not, I’ll need a camera down to see exactly what strain of H. pylori it is and get further treatment.

My chemist was telling me yesterday (worst case scenario) that some medications to treat more severe cases can get up into the thousand dollar regions, because they’re imported and compounded. Yikes!