Page 136 of 195 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    By the way, there are only 1000 copies.
    I've bought records that were limited to 100 or 200 that were only $20.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I've bought records that were limited to 100 or 200 that were only $20.
    The record is $40. Shipping from the UK to US is expensive. That is the way of the world sadly. If I want to send a standard jewel case to the UK, it will cost me $14. And that's a tiny plastic CD. Anyway, if you truly love a record, the price really shouldn't matter. As he said, he liked the album, not loved. Hell, people here paid $80 for a barebones Fragile Deviations, closer to $100 with shipping. So honestly $40 ain't that much, at least this one will have some art. The Prodigy's Spitfire 3 track CD single exchanges for $100-250 these days.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-25-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The record is $40. Shipping from the UK to US is expensive. That is the way of the world sadly. If I want to send a standard jewel case to the UK, it will cost me $14. And that's a tiny plastic CD. Anyway, if you truly love a record, the price really shouldn't matter. As he said, he liked the album, not loved. Hell, people here paid $80 for a barebones Fragile Deviations, closer to $100 with shipping. So honestly $40 ain't that much, at least this one will have some art. The Prodigy's Spitfire 3 track CD single exchanges for $100-250 these days.
    No doubt it's worth it to people who want it. Still a cash grab, same as Deviations was (which I own and love and was worth every penny to me).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My fellow vinyl peoples that love Hip Hop, Vinyl Me Please is looking to have a STELLAR month in March! Here's what they've got on deck:

1. Beautiful repress of De La Soul's '3 Feet High and Rising' - you can't even hear it anywhere these days due to all the uncleared samples, this is about the only way to hear it.
    2. HANDSOME BOY MODELING SCHOOL! Their first album, 'How's Your Girl?' is getting the first repress in almost 20 years. This is an all-time favorite album of mine

I signed up for both, 2 essential albums I've been dying to have in my collection.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    If you truly love a record, the colour of the wax it's pressed into shouldn't matter (and the cheaper-to-obtain original black pressing will do fine thanks)

But wow it's been 10 years already?! time flies!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    If you truly love a record, the colour of the wax it's pressed into shouldn't matter (and the cheaper-to-obtain original black pressing will do fine thanks)

But wow it's been 10 years already?! time flies!
    Actually it has nothing to do with color of wax. The original black pressing is out of print and goes for the same price or higher in mint condition. The cheapest unsealed copy goes for $32, if you want one that has been played and in near mint condition on Discogs. There's only 3 sealed mint ones left on there, lowest one is $42. So if you want a mint, sealed copy, you will be paying the same price as the limited edition reissue.

Proof:
    https://www.discogs.com/The-Prodigy-...elease/1662395

The cheapest it ever sold for was $29.74, highest was $39.77, average price is $34.09
    Last edited by neorev; 02-27-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    My fellow vinyl peoples that love Hip Hop, Vinyl Me Please is looking to have a STELLAR month in March! Here's what they've got on deck:

1. Beautiful repress of De La Soul's '3 Feet High and Rising' - you can't even hear it anywhere these days due to all the uncleared samples, this is about the only way to hear it.
    2. HANDSOME BOY MODELING SCHOOL! Their first album, 'How's Your Girl?' is getting the first repress in almost 20 years. This is an all-time favorite album of mine

I signed up for both, 2 essential albums I've been dying to have in my collection.
    OMG yes! I cancelled my membership last June after getting 'Buhloon Mindstate' and was waiting for something to draw me back in. The minute the email showed up saying "Introducing March's LPs of the month.." and '3 Feet High and Rising' was the Essential of the month, I was sold. Also grabbed the limited pressing of 'De La Soul is Dead' they had too. I cannot wait for these to arrive!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    OMG yes! I cancelled my membership last June after getting 'Buhloon Mindstate' and was waiting for something to draw me back in. The minute the email showed up saying "Introducing March's LPs of the month.." and '3 Feet High and Rising' was the Essential of the month, I was sold. Also grabbed the limited pressing of 'De La Soul is Dead' they had too. I cannot wait for these to arrive!
    Pretty bummed that I missed out on De La Soul is Dead. Hopefully there's a wider release reissue of that coming.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Pretty bummed that I missed out on De La Soul is Dead. Hopefully there's a wider release reissue of that coming.
    Try e-mailing the 'Vinyl me Please' customer service and asking if they have any left. They usually have a small amount set aside for replacements, it is how I scored a copy of the Gorrilaz red vinyl last year when they claimed it was sold out for months. Doesn't hurt to try!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Try e-mailing the 'Vinyl me Please' customer service and asking if they have any left. They usually have a small amount set aside for replacements, it is how I scored a copy of the Gorrilaz red vinyl last year when they claimed it was sold out for months. Doesn't hurt to try!
    Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: No dice. They suggested checking discogs or eBay. Last I looked people were asking $150 there.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 02-28-2019 at 01:00 PM.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Crow soundtrack on vinyl was announced as a Record Store Day release this year.
    https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10726

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    The Crow soundtrack on vinyl was announced as a Record Store Day release this year.
    https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10726
    Oh fuck yeah! Even if it's one of the half-volume digital xfer ones, I'll be looking for it. *grabby hands*

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This is the only RSD release I'm after this year.

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/10575

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Crow OST for damn sure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Overall this is, for me personally, one of the most disappointing RSDs ever. The Crow soundtrack is about the only thing I'm really interested in. In general, the soundtracks being released are about the only things that seem mildly interesting. If I was in the UK, I'd be all about that release of the Mighty Boosh radio sessions , but it's only 1k in the UK, so that's never going to happen.

No RTJ? No worthwhile Bowie release? No Jack White release beyond the super-gimmicky 3" records? No Led Zeppelin release to celebrate their 50th anniversary this year? No Beatles? Oh well, my wallet is probably relieved.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Overall this is, for me personally, one of the most disappointing RSDs ever. The Crow soundtrack is about the only thing I'm really interested in. In general, the soundtracks being released are about the only things that seem mildly interesting. If I was in the UK, I'd be all about that release of the Mighty Boosh radio sessions , but it's only 1k in the UK, so that's never going to happen.

No RTJ? No worthwhile Bowie release? No Jack White release beyond the super-gimmicky 3" records? No Led Zeppelin release to celebrate their 50th anniversary this year? No Beatles? Oh well, my wallet is probably relieved.
    Right there with ya, Crow OST is all I'm gonna pick up. A few nice-to-haves, but it's been a few years straight of seeing the list and saying 'NEED THAT.' at least 2-3 times as I scrolled through haha.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

barnett + coloccia • VLF
    clear vinyl limited to 100 copies

john carpenter • halloween b/w trent reznor + atticus ross • halloween
    12" 45rpm single on black vinyl + pumpkin orange vinyl
    re-presses with proper version of TR+AR rendition (also have the mis-press on orange)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Reposting from the Silent Hill thread because my prayers have finally been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    SILENT HILL 2 VINYL RELEASE COMING FROM MONDOOOOOOO!!! CALLED IIIIIIT!

I'm not the biggest fan of the cover art, but I can live with it. Brb ordering 5 copies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Premeditated impulse purchases.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    Premeditated impulse purchases.

I wish they'd release just a black version of that Tool album. Yeah, the picture looks nice but it fucks with the quality of the music harshly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I wish they'd release just a black version of that Tool album. Yeah, the picture looks nice but it fucks with the quality of the music harshly.
    I haven't listened to my copy yet, but regular vinyl would have been my preference as well. Wife thought it looked cool, though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

That Nash the Slash album is him opening for Gary Numan

notes:
    Love.Angel.Music.Baby has delicious production and is a great pressing.
    Astro-Creep is a nice surprise, the album sounds more alive than the 'o' CD... quality release. If you're nervous about this reissue, don't be.
    Arular is a great and loud pressing. Watching her documentary, it compelled me to start her discography from the beginning... I like the story and, it seems, the music. It was also a lesson in "just because the record looks like it has ugly scratches on doesn't mean it has problems with the playback" ... it was even being sold as "rough". Gave it my usual cleaning and only had a small section of scratch/pops.
    The Clash is a solid album, my first album by The Clash. Mint or near mint platter surface, which is pretty crazy as a reissue from 1979 but I'm happy I grabbed it.
    X-Ray Style, LIVE! was decent. Not the best recording but it is a bootleg and the pressing was alright.
    Hammersmith Holocaust is quite good, and a great pressing.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 03-11-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love this one, Hardwired to Self Destruct is the best album of the last decade made by Metallica.
    I have listened it the first time by using my new headphones (I saw it here: https://whoishuman.io/best-studio-headphones/) The quality of sound was just fantastic !
    Last edited by Josh; 03-11-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Limited Edition 10th Anniversary Clear Heavyweight Double LP (only 1000 copies)
    https://theprodigy.tmstor.es/cart/pr...=42093&cur=USD
    Sold out now

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The Crow soundtrack is getting an RSD release:

http://vvinyl.com/shop/rsd19/6034978...name&order=ASC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Reposting from the Silent Hill thread because my prayers have finally been answered.
    Yesss....managed to pick one up before they sold out. Thanks for the heads up!