Page 113 of 191 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Always. I don't consider deathcore good metal music at all.
    Well then while we're talking shitty music I LOVE Attila and bring me the horizon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Embarrassing myself but...

I dig it? Howwwwwww? Whattttttt? WTF?!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I couldn't give a flying fuck about the Jack Off Jill reformation, all I want is the third Scarling album.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Embarrassing myself but...

I dig it? Howwwwwww? Whattttttt? WTF?!
    Pop music is 10 times more interesting than pretty much any other genre right now IMO

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw that Demi Lovato video and.... it's a good song. "Skyscraper" is a guilty pleasure so... I think I'll join in the bandwagon. Plus, she looks gorgeous. Damn you Fez!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Cross Purposes by Black Sabbath is the most underrated album from the 1990's.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Audioslave was a great band and it's a shame they disbanded...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I love this song way too much. Doubt it's controversial but yeah.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    @Space Suicide lets go on a road trip and listen to bubble gum pop music together with the windows down. This will be the first song on our playlist, because I love it SO MUCH.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Audioslave was a great band and it's a shame they disbanded...
    Too bad that their first album was their most successful, because they really did improve over time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    @Space Suicide lets go on a road trip and listen to bubble gum pop music together with the windows down. This will be the first song on our playlist, because I love it SO MUCH.

LOL you didn't see my recent shitty music post. Then did you?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    LOL you didn't see my recent shitty music post. Then did you?
    Bro shitty music is my wheelhouse haha

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Too bad that their first album was their most successful, because they really did improve over time.
    I agree, "Out of Exile" and "Revelations" are much better than their debut. In the first album you could tell they were trying to find an identity, and the next albums have better songwriting and wider range of influences.
    Still, i like the first album, it does have good songs like "Show me how to live" or "I am the Highway".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Noel Gallagher moans about music streaming, but forgive me if I'm wrong but Oasis are exactly the sort of band well-served by streaming if you ask me. Complete singles band, choruses, does anyone care about their album covers? He says their videos are shit himself so no thought to any artistry. I don't get what he's complaining about?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rwell-20150804

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I wonder which circle of hell this came out of

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Noel Gallagher moans about music streaming, but forgive me if I'm wrong but Oasis are exactly the sort of band well-served by streaming if you ask me. Complete singles band, choruses, does anyone care about their album covers? He says their videos are shit himself so no thought to any artistry. I don't get what he's complaining about?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rwell-20150804
    Noel Gallagher thinks good music ended in 1997. Around the time his song writing started to stagnate. He constantly whines about how its not like it was in the good old days of the 90s anymore. He has turned into the type of people he used to take the piss out of.
    when Oasis were big...loads of the artists from the 1960s used to bitch about how crap music was in the 1990s...
    The last great record Noel made was Standing on the Shoulder of Giants...in 2000...15 years ago...

You dont have to go boring with age...he has lost his vitality...thats his fault.. so takes his anger out on the younger generation he should be inspiring and encouraging.
    He is basically saying, good music ended with me....ive noticed him making these comments over the years.. i now think he is a really negative backwards force these days for British music and world music in general.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hate to pick a fight with a bunch of sacs I don't know, but Chasing Yesterday is a masterpiece. So who gives a shite what the man thinks about technology. He is a legend. And I for one will always celebrate the album format. If you need to stream music to figure out what is good, chances are you....never mind.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^what do you mean, 'if you need to stream to figure out what is good..' ? Streaming is just another way to access music - if you want to listen to a whole album, you can. Oasis are exactly the sort of band well served by streaming if you ask me. Noel slagged off Arcade Fire for putting out a double album by asking 'who's got the time to listen to that?' I thought he'd be all for putting more power in the hands of the listener to listen to bits of an album

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^^what do you mean, 'if you need to stream to figure out what is good..' ?
    I'm curious about that also. What better way is there to figure out what's good than actually listening to it ? The good folks at Pitchfork and C.o.S? The favorable odds that every subsequent album will be just as good as the previous ones ? An awesome cover art that can only reflect on the quality of the music itself ? The fact that the artist himself humbly admits that "this is the best album we ever made and I'm quite proud of it" ?

Is it me or is Gallagher completely talking out of his ass here ?

Unless there's a fucking section that says 'Noel Gallagher's music collection' then I won't be listening to it."
    That would be a playlist or a list of favorites, you can call it that if you want.
    I'd find it creepy if everyone wanted to know what I was up to.
    That's not what Connect is at all, actually. And you have a fucking Facebook page.

It's not his fault, journalists are too happy to ask him about clouds and have him yell at those on record, but still. Guys, quit asking Gallagher stuff.
    Last edited by Khrz; 08-22-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Hate to pick a fight with a bunch of sacs I don't know, but Chasing Yesterday is a masterpiece. So who gives a shite what the man thinks about technology. He is a legend. And I for one will always celebrate the album format. If you need to stream music to figure out what is good, chances are you....never mind.
    I wouldn't call Noel "a legend", but i agree that "Chasing Yesterday" is a damn good album...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't like Adele's music at all but I do feel sorry for her trying to follow the ludicrous success of her last one. If it doesn't sell about a trillion copies it will be considered a massive flop, even if it sells a perfectly reasonable amount

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I find this funny as hell.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I find this funny as hell.

Okay, in all seriousness, no image in all of history could ever possibly depict Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness as well as that image does.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This isn't necessarily a controversial opinion, but Jack White has been trending on twitter but mainly through people making bizarre joke statements like this one
    https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/st...18638523973636

'Jack White sweating profusely, feet bleeding, inching his Flintstone car down the street, refusing all offers of help'
    Can someone enlighten me as to the reason behind this? Has jack white said something stupid in the press?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-08-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dead or Alive, albeit campy, were an excellent band that people treat like a joke or a one-hit wonder when they really weren't. Albums like Nukleopatra, Fan the Flame, and Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know are especially fantastic.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    rammstein fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by newmodel87 View Post
    Dead or Alive, albeit campy, were an excellent band that people treat like a joke or a one-hit wonder when they really weren't. Albums like Nukleopatra, Fan the Flame, and Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know are especially fantastic.
    i LOVE their early post-punk stuff:

and also this track, which predates DOA:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm not a big Billy Idol fan, but some of his pre-solo-career stuff is pretty great... especially this:

It sounds like a great lost Replacements track.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm not a big Billy Idol fan, but some of his pre-solo-career stuff is pretty great... especially this:

It sounds like a great lost Replacements track.
    Love Idol. Gen X was pretty cool too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Mike + The Mechanics were kind of awesome.

This song isn't so much, but the opening pattern has been stuck in my head for weeks.