Page 98 of 216 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    filming a show means nothing...lots of bands film shows and then never release them (Trent and Robert Smith have a library of shows they never released)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    filming a show means nothing...lots of bands film shows and then never release them (Trent and Robert Smith have a library of shows they never released)
    Jesus christ we know your opinion on the matter by now. I can't even count the number of times I've seen you post essentially the exact same message about Trent Reznor and Robert Smith not releasing all the shows they've filmed. Everyone. Gets. It. That's not what's being discussed anymore.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So not too long ago my father told me something about the band he heard from a co-worker. The redneck fucker said that "Nine Inch Nails is a direct reference to the nails used to Crucify Jesus." NIN is an evil band!

I can't tell you how much I laughed at that bullshit. Anyone else heard this fearful, ignorant rumor?

Reminds me of those tryhard Manson rumors for the 90's.
    Just reading thru old posts and I remember hearing this rumor back when I heard NIN for the first time in 1994. Thats great lol

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan829 View Post
    Jesus christ we know your opinion on the matter by now. I can't even count the number of times I've seen you post essentially the exact same message about Trent Reznor and Robert Smith not releasing all the shows they've filmed. Everyone. Gets. It. That's not what's being discussed anymore.
    Because I get tired of reading people posting things over and over ASSUMING its a foregone conclusion that these things are being released....Its like listening to someone talking about santa claus. Eventually you need to tell them the truth about ol santa

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is there a gif of Trent doing this from the AATCHB DVD?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Because I get tired of reading people posting things over and over ASSUMING its a foregone conclusion that these things are being released....Its like listening to someone talking about santa claus. Eventually you need to tell them the truth about ol santa
    But we're the ones actually citing evidence and you're the one talking nonsense. You still absolutely COULD be right -- but, y'know, broken clock style.

At this point, if Trent really is working on new music, I can understand if the excitement of that overwhelms the urge to look back. Hell, I'm inclined to agree. Though at the very least, I hope they update the YouTube/Vevo show to include the full performance of Tension.

Edit: Bill, please don't take that as a prompt to cite all your past "examples." You've been proven wrong on every single one, and every tour video project announced by Nine Inch Nails has ALWAYS come out -- and the one time it didn't, they gave us The Gift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how long Trent's shortest break was between tours?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Edit: Bill, please don't take that as a prompt to cite all your past "examples." You've been proven wrong on every single one,
    oh so Bowery 09 came out? the 95 pro shot tour film is out? were they good? I must have missed them...since I was proven wrong on all my claims and all

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    oh so Bowery 09 came out? the 95 pro shot tour film is out? were they good? I must have missed them...since I was proven wrong on all my claims and all
    I'll give you Bowery, but I have absolutely zero recollection of nine inch nails themselves ever announcing their intentions of officially releasing '95 tour film. Mere existence of pro-shot footage doesn't count as an announcement.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Were we promised the 95 pro shot though? I wasn't even on the Internet at the time. First I heard it existed was that guy saying he had it on this forum

Edit - whoops he beat me to it

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genloovers View Post
    Does anyone know how long Trent's shortest break was between tours?
    66 days from LITS to Wave Goodbye.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There's a tour film for 95/96. It's called Closure. Trent has been on record as saying he didn't like how the pro-shot footage of that tour came out. Wasn't there a quote about it looking like a Bon Jovi concert or something? Just because YOU don't like Closure, doesn't mean it doesn't count as a tour video.

Bowery 09 was never actually announced. It was always just a maybe, and it seems clear even from the way TR blocks livestreams of NIN shows when the visuals aren't ready that he likes archives of live NIN to be the big production shows. ACL being an awesome exception, of course.

So yes, you've been proven wrong on all your claims. Every officially announced tour document for the band known as Nine Inch Nails has been released. I look forward to you pretending you haven't seen this post, and responding to some new poor soul two days from now with the exact same bluray-denial nonsense as always.
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 12-05-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't remember anybody posting a text of "in conversation" from itunes version of Hesitation marks, is that kind of thing available anywhere?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    There's a tour film for 95/96. It's called Closure. Trent has been on record as saying he didn't like how the pro-shot footage of that tour came out. Wasn't there a quote about it looking like a Bon Jovi concert or something? Just because YOU don't like Closure, doesn't mean it doesn't count as a tour video.

Bowery 09 was never actually announced. It was always just a maybe, and it seems clear even from the way TR blocks livestreams of NIN shows when the visuals aren't ready that he likes archives of live NIN to be the big production shows. ACL being an awesome exception, of course.

So yes, you've been proven wrong on all your claims. Every officially announced tour document for the band known as Nine Inch Nails has been released. I look forward to you pretending you haven't seen this post, and responding to some new poor soul two days from now with the exact same bluray-denial nonsense as always.
    the official 1995 tour film was shot and completed and edited and tucked away in the vaults...you did get 2 songs of it on Closure though. so 2 of 16...good ratio

Rob boy mentioned Bowery 09

If you've followed my posts, most of the time I am proven right (case in point-Grammy awards)

Im done talking about tension if.and/when it comes out. Its like talking about Tapeworm. Its old....I am sure the day it gets released in a 4 dvd/blu ray deluxe package I will eat my words, but until then.....keep wishin upon that star

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Im done talking about tension

*Bookmarked for future reference*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Im done talking about tension
    About fucking time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Is there a gif of Trent doing this from the AATCHB DVD?
    I don't know about AATCHB, but your gif comes from here :

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkë View Post
    I don't know about AATCHB, but your gif comes from here :
    The one I'm referring to comes at the end of this video (no pun intended):

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What did Trent use to create the "hammer synth" patch that starts the song "That's What I Get"?

I read that it came from something like a steel drum keyboard preset or something... Please don't tell me it's from his Moog lol... I would find it hard to believe that a Moog could make that sound unless it was layered with more notes and frequencies and maybe sampled and played back with his Mirage...

This has been a curiosity to me for so long I'm just dying to know how Trent got that patch/sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any interview in which Trent Reznor talked about his voice change and the influence on writing and performing? Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookmark View Post
    Is there any interview in which Trent Reznor talked about his voice change and the influence on writing and performing? Thanks in advance
    I don't know about an interview, but I'm pretty sure Trent's voice changing is the inspiration of a Brady Bunch episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    I don't know about an interview, but I'm pretty sure Trent's voice changing is the inspiration of a Brady Bunch episode.
    How funny. I don't think its so hiliraous as it seems to you. Maybe, the term "voice change" isn't really accurate to describe, but I am not a native speaker. Nevermind. However I am pretty sure of the fact that his varying vocal range may affect his work: which songs he performs (for example he does not really sing the songs with a higher pitch anymore (on his own), if he does vocal training and so on. Thus, I only wanna know if this has yet been discussed in interviews.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    How funny. I don't think its so hiliraous as it seems to you. Maybe, the term "voice change" isn't really accurate to describe, but I am not a native speaker. Nevermind. However I am pretty sure of the fact that his varying vocal range may affect his work: which songs he performs (for example he does not really sing the songs with a higher pitch anymore (on his own), if he does vocal training and so on. Thus, I only wanna know if this has yet been discussed in interviews.
    i don't mean to belittle your question, however, that's not a subject he's likely to approach — i mean, what would he say? "yes, my voice has changed, so i don't sing certain songs anymore"? it's pretty obvious this is the case; he's been dropping keys on certain songs for years and years ("The Great Below" was a semitone down during the Fragility tour, and that was before he even beefed up; once he did, other songs dropped too, like "We're in This Together") and new material tends to stay in the lower comfort range on basically every song now. he barely even screams in studio recordings anymore, and our copious amounts of bootlegs tell pretty much the whole story about how long he can go before even the comfort-range material wears him down on tour (see: Lights in the Sky soundboards from Portland/Vancouver/Sacramento).

the only vocal question that really needs to be broached is where the hell all the "heys" and "unfs" came from after he got sober. is this influenced from certain bands he started listening to? nascent results of his hip-hop obsession? did he step on a lot of Legos on stage? (why does it matter?)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    He got old. He cant scream anymore. Hes not Mike Patton.....that sums it up. no need to obsess and over-analyze every detail on his voice change

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Was the CD side of the DualDisc version of With Teeth digitally remastered?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    the only vocal question that really needs to be broached is where the hell all the "heys" and "unfs" came from after he got sober. is this influenced from certain bands he started listening to? nascent results of his hip-hop obsession? did he step on a lot of Legos on stage? (why does it matter?)
    One of his favourite tapeworm songs was "hey hey hey unf unf hey hey unf unf unf" and he tried to include it in all shows.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    remastered? no. because it was part of the original release.

a remaster only occurs after time has passed and an album is revisited.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    do you mean is it a different master to the regular version?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Yes, I've also thought of that, but I still wanted to be sure if the CD side of the With Teeth DualDisc didn't get the same treatment that the CD side of The Downward Spiral DualDisc got. For quite a while, I used to think that all CD sides of DualDisc albums were either digitally remastered or remixed in 5.1 surround sound.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-08-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of what you said. Saying voice changing is fine, and the question is fine. I just thought it'd be funny to pretend that I actually thought Peter Brady was based on Trent Reznor.