Page 115 of 216 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    At 28:08 of this interview, someone asks Trent if he'd be working on a new NIN album. I always found it odd that the lady interviewing them immediately chimes in with, "You gonna go balls out?" while half smiling/snickering. It's almost like she knows what's going on. Very bizarre. Trent's response was of mild annoyance at her quip. Does she possibly know what the status is on a new album?
    £50 says that she asked them before this, or discussed this question being asked, as Trent clearly responded visually, and that's somehow a reference

But as always (or at least, as always since YZ), we have no idea about impending albums. Mariqueen's had enough time to write for HTDA, so that feels more likely (or maybe it's just hope).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Younger than himself, especially himself on the 2009 touring cycle. He somehow looks more energetic and younger than those days.
    I got the impression he was burnt out after five years of on-off touring plus trying to go it alone, so yes I agree

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Any body willing to guess what Trent is up to? Atticus said they have something coming out and Mark Romanek also said he's working with Trent on something. I wonder what it is...

P.S. I also tweeted Mark Romanek a few weeks ago asking if it was music video related and he responded, "I can't say." Those tweets have since been deleted.
    Last edited by nineinchnerd; 06-28-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    HTDA, if we are at all lucky

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    HTDA, if we are at all lucky
    Oh man imagine a Romanek HTDA video. Dammit now I'm excited.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Imagine a Romanek movie with a Reznor/Finch score

/Edit. I meant to write Ross but I'm leaving it as it is

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    £50 says that she asked them before this, or discussed this question being asked, as Trent clearly responded visually, and that's somehow a reference

But as always (or at least, as always since YZ), we have no idea about impending albums. Mariqueen's had enough time to write for HTDA, so that feels more likely (or maybe it's just hope).
    Which is why it's odd he just came out and flatly said (twice publicly) that he's working on new NIN.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Which is why it's odd he just came out and flatly said (twice publicly) that he's working on new NIN.
    Eh
    1993 - I'm working on an album with Adam Ant
    1998 - I'm working on an album with Dr Dre
    2000 - I'm working on t*peworm
    2003 - I'm working on bleedthrough
    2006 - I'm working on with teeth deluxe
    2008 - I'm working on YZTV
    2012 - I'm working on the greatest hits

etc

He's working on NIN I'm sure, but that doesn't mean that's what he's going to end up releasing

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm working on new NIN.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    1998 - I'm working on an album with Dr Dre
    Still R.E.Z.
    The Next Halo (Skit)
    A Cracka With A Synth
    We're All In The Same Gang (remake, feat. Richard Patrick)

Woulda been epic.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Still R.E.Z.
    The Next Halo (Skit)
    A Cracka With A Synth
    We're All In The Same Gang (remake, feat. Richard Patrick)

Woulda been epic.
    You didn't like Even Deeper?

And considering the potential album The Planets, an instrumental 9 piece epic by Dre that he's discussed before, I could see a collab actually happening in the end.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

And considering the potential album The Planets, an instrumental 9 piece epic by Dre that he's discussed before, I could see a collab actually happening in the end.
    Dre is worse than Trent when it comes to ideas that never materialize. it would take til 2050 before the 2 of them would ever put an album out together...so many projects Dre was supposed to do that would have been amazing that crashed and burned because he bailed on them halfway (not even counting Detox)....Dre has about 10 tapeworms in his closet....He was supposed to do an album with Ice Cube in 94 called Helter Skelter that he bailed on halfway. He was doing his 2nd death row solo album in 95 that he bailed on halfway. He was supposed to do an album with Snoop in 98 that he bailed on halfway. He was supposed to do the NWA reunion album in 99 that he bailed on halfway...Biggest flake in the industry

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Hey, the man had to choose between bad headphones and great music, and he went for the headphones

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Hey, the man had to choose between bad headphones and great music, and he went for the headphones
    Which, financially, was a great call really!
    Morally, on the other hand...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I thought it was worth noting that the Apple Connect part of this service isn't going to be behind a paywall, nor is the Beats 1 radio thing.

I'm trying this thing out, but as soon as it starts trying to badger me to listen to Ed Sheeran, I'm out of there, (unless you can press something that just removes selected artists from your feed so its like they don't even exist)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Bill is like the Rainman of remembering when any artist says anything about recording something. Haha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I thought it was worth noting that the Apple Connect part of this service isn't going to be behind a paywall, nor is the Beats 1 radio thing
    Thanks! I unsuccessfully spent a while on the Apple website trying to find out exactly that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Thanks! I unsuccessfully spent a while on the Apple website trying to find out exactly that.
    I just opened up apple music from the twitter biography and all the stuff is under 'membership'

This is the page http://www.apple.com/music/membership/ - you have to skip right to the bottom

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I just opened up apple music from the twitter biography and all the stuff is under 'membership'

This is the page http://www.apple.com/music/membership/ - you have to skip right to the bottom
    Ah. I see.

Although only the Apple Music column has "Play and save Connect*content", which makes me think it's not really free and, for free, you can just be told when there is Connect content behind the paywall if you want. Or am I misinterpreting it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ah. I see.

Although only the Apple Music column has "Play and save Connect*content", which makes me think it's not really free and, for free, you can just be told when there is Connect content behind the paywall if you want. Or am I misinterpreting it?
    gah, i never noticed that line, yeah it looks that way

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Bill is like the Rainman of remembering when any artist says anything about recording something. Haha.
    as a big Ice Cube fan, I have heard all the stories of how many times Dre fucked him over/bailed on projects halfway.....Although if you want to hear 1 song from the masterful Helter Skelter project, checkout the song 'Natural Born Killaz"...its the only song to get released from those sessions..its lovely

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Will apple music launch at midnight?????

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It's always midnight somewhere

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It's always midnight somewhere
    Midnight is overrated. Three-quarter night is more exciting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    11 AM Eastern Time with Beats radio 1 an hour later [source]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    11 AM Eastern Time with Beats radio 1 an hour later [source]
    Awesome. Can't wait to unlock all the imaginary exclusive NIN content!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Where would I post NIN related tattoos? I don't want to piss anyone off with a new thread.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Where would I post NIN related tattoos? I don't want to piss anyone off with a new thread.
    I'm fairly sure there's a general tattoo thread in the general discussion board but I could've sworn there was a NIN one already.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ah. I see.

From this review, you don't actually have to be a subscriber as an artist to use and upload onto the connect service which should be helpful to the properly indie artists
    http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4...pecial-preview

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Even Deeper is one of my favorite tracks on the Left disc.

As far as Planets, or Detox, or whatever he wants to call it nowadays... he might as well call it Duke Nukem Forever (yes, I know that finally came out). If I could sit back and make money off of headphones, Eminem, and Kendrick Lamar, I'd probably do the same.

My initial post wasn't meant to be negative, not exactly sure why you took it that way.