Page 104 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My HD went kaputz and now I'm in the process of re-ripping my CD collection. When I got to NIN/HTDA etc I noticed that I'm lacking a number of physical copies. It's only the more recent stuff that had digital downloads available. Soundtracks, HTDA and HM that I'm missing.

Are the download links still active for HM Audiophile version? TGWTDT? HTDA s/t EP? Am I missing anything? If the links are live, anyone have them? I have TSN, Ghosts, Welcome Oblivion, An Omen and gone girl.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @Winter Is Coming asking for copyrighted media on the forum is generally a no-no

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dreamer View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the "I used to be somebody" part from Down In It.
    yeah, it's definitely a chopped-up version of that. the whole section is a reprise of DII (note the return of the beat!) so it makes total sense that it'd be a remixed vocal from the same song. and it's basically the only genius part of what i'd otherwise call a pretty crap track!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @sheepdean I think you misinterpreted. I purchased those albums on the NIN site, through nullco etc. But now I can't find active DL links that I received after purchase. I'm looking for the actual DL links that you get when you buy the albums. I can't find the links through Nullco. I can't login to NIN.com and I'm pretty sure TGWTDT was through an email DL link from Topspin but I can't find that either. I'm wondering if the people of ETS are aware whether it is still possible after all this time to re-DL my albums without having to rebuy them. From the original legal sources.

If I was looking for illegal downloads I could find those pretty quickly.

EDIT: I think I answered my own question for TGWTDT. I have the super duper deluxe and I'm pretty sure the album is on the razor blade USB.

EDIT 2: Still can't find where I got the s/t HTDA album. There is a login on the nullco site but only lists my Welcome Oblivion purchase. No HM Audiophile luck either.

And if I can throw in one more request, Ghosts is CC so this shouldn't be illegal I don't think, if it is please ignore, where do I find Ghosts 37 and 38. I have the super duper deluxe edition for that too and I understand it is on the multitracks but I think last time I just downloaded the already put together versions by someone else.
    Last edited by Winter Is Coming; 02-15-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    @sheepdean I think you misinterpreted. I purchased those albums on the NIN site, through nullco etc. But now I can't find active DL links that I received after purchase. I'm looking for the actual DL links that you get when you buy the albums. I can't find the links through Nullco. I can't login to NIN.com and I'm pretty sure TGWTDT was through an email DL link from Topspin but I can't find that either. I'm wondering if the people of ETS are aware whether it is still possible after all this time to re-DL my albums without having to rebuy them. From the original legal sources.
    Bad luck - nin.com just switched sellers recently (without any warning) and apparently there is no way to download those purchases right now. See the post below. That was just from a few days ago, though, so maybe they'll have a solution soon. Or else you can try contacting modlife directly.

Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    modlife is dead! Long live Firebrand Live!

store.nin.com has been updated and now looks to be run by these people: http://firebrandlive.com/
    As part of this, however, it looks like most of the merchandise is gone and, more troubling, existing accounts are currently unavailable. Hopefully they will be transitioned and this was just someone flipping a switch early.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    And if I can throw in one more request, Ghosts is CC so this shouldn't be illegal I don't think, if it is please ignore, where do I find Ghosts 37 and 38. I have the super duper deluxe edition for that too and I understand it is on the multitracks but I think last time I just downloaded the already put together versions by someone else.
    Ghosts 37 and 38 can be found on archive.org

Here: https://archive.org/details/NineInch...Ghosts38Ghosts
    And here: https://archive.org/details/37Ghosts38Ghosts
    Last edited by piggy; 02-15-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Bad luck - nin.com just switched sellers recently (without any warning) and apparently there is no way to download those purchases right now. See the post below. That was just from a few days ago, though, so maybe they'll have a solution soon. Or else you can try contacting modlife directly.
    That whole switchover pissed me off, tried logging in the other day to order something and nothing was working. Would have been nice to have a warning! It's all good now, but was very unexpected.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Is there anywhere to get the BD files for The Gift? Now that I finally have a burner, I'd like to make a copy. The sad thing is that I bought one when it came out, but god only knows where it is as I've moved several times since then - and didn't actually own a player for it until more recently. There aren't any seeders on the TOIOU site...can I find it elsewhere?

edit: suddenly, seeders just showed up. Guess my client is just being stupid.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    How many letters were sent to fans from NIN in the 90's while their mail-based fan club was a thing? @FULLMETAL posted in a thread an image of one and I had no idea these were things apparently. Was that all anyone ever got or were there more, and does anyone have scans of them?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    ^^ I'll wait until someone else can chime in on that question. I just remember sending in a note on the PHM address in 1990 and then another note or postcard after "broken" was released.

As far as my question, I'm going through an archive of periodicals and found a blurb that "Nine-Inch Nails" was signed to Carlyle Records in Nashville c.1988. Anyone have more information?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    ^^ I'll wait until someone else can chime in on that question. I just remember sending in a note on the PHM address in 1990 and then another note or postcard after "broken" was released.

As far as my question, I'm going through an archive of periodicals and found a blurb that "Nine-Inch Nails" was signed to Carlyle Records in Nashville c.1988. Anyone have more information?
    PHM's thanks mentions Carlyle records, so it's totally possible http://www.nin.wiki/index.php?title=...#Album_Credits

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Long story short: lost my digital copy of Gone Girl. There's an order receipt that with a link, but it comes up with a 404 error. Can't figure out how to log in, and when I used the retrieve password option, it says there's no account with that address.

So...am I totally missing something here? Do I have to just torrent this now?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Long story short: lost my digital copy of Gone Girl. There's an order receipt that with a link, but it comes up with a 404 error. Can't figure out how to log in, and when I used the retrieve password option, it says there's no account with that address.

So...am I totally missing something here? Do I have to just torrent this now?
    nin.com changed over its store recently and it seems they forgot to migrate accounts. So ... pirate? Or rip your hard copy?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    It never came out. I believe that post is the last from Aaron. I have talked to Erik Andrews (Coming Home Records and "partner" of W/G/B) and he didn't offer much about it either.

But, here's a pro shot video of Jubilee on tour:

(Yep, I shamelessly plugged a video I uploaded on YouTube)
    Damn... Watching that makes me miss Aaron North and I hope he is doing better. So did any of their music release, or was this the only thing? I'd love to grab this and others.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Damn... Watching that makes me miss Aaron North and I hope he is doing better. So did any of their music release, or was this the only thing? I'd love to grab this and others.
    Yes two physical EPs and a digital EP were released along with this video.

If you want, I can upload it for ya.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    nin.com changed over its store recently and it seems they forgot to migrate accounts. So ... pirate? Or rip your hard copy?
    Sadly, I didn't buy the hard copy this time - I was on tour when it came out, and opted to just download instead of having the disc sitting in the mail for months. And this is exactly why I've always bought physical releases instead. Arrrrgh.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Can someone help me figure out where these came from? I'm pretty sure they're all just remixes minus AATCHB

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Can someone help me figure out where these came from? I'm pretty sure they're all just remixes minus AATCHB
    He's still fucking posting this shit? Much of what he posts are mislabelled, fan remixes or just outright bullshit.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    He's still fucking posting this shit? Much of what he posts are mislabelled, fan remixes or just outright bullshit.
    I figured it was fake, thanks!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    too bad, I was really looking forward to the 17 second song "Rotation" tacked in the middle there....thought it was an unearthed gem hidden in the Reznor vaults

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    too bad, I was really looking forward to the 17 second song "Rotation" tacked in the middle there....thought it was an unearthed gem hidden in the Reznor vaults
    The fact that there was a song called Rotation cut from Fragile probably prompted that one

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Was it ever explained how Trent got to open for Skinny puppy in '88? I mean, was it the result of him sending out demo tapes, or did they meet in person, or was it through a word of the mouth of musicians he worked with?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Was it ever explained how Trent got to open for Skinny puppy in '88? I mean, was it the result of him sending out demo tapes, or did they meet in person, or was it through a word of the mouth of musicians he worked with?
    I admit I don't know the whole story, but here's Trent's version

"The deal at that time was we didn‘t have one. We had friends at Nettwerk, and they asked us if we wanted to hang out with Skinny Puppy on part of their tour, which we originally didn‘t want to do, cause it wasn‘t the best match-up, and up to that point I had been just messing around and it wasn‘t completely focused. And I‘d send stuff out to labels, and some of it was way more pop, some of it was harder, it was just a weird thing. And I knew I didn‘t have my shit together at that time, but Puppy‘s road manager goes ‘Come out with us, cause the band we have we don‘t like. You can do the last ten dates of the tour.‘ And they were cool dates.“

"Until that time the band was me in the studio messing around, so he‘s like ‘Man, you have three days to get ready.‘ So it was 48 hours of solid rehearsal then right to the road. We were not ready to do it. And it wasn‘t until after a few shows that we realized this. It was so high pressured!"

"It was incredibly intimidating, going out in front of Puppy‘s audience with this half-pussy show. But what that did do was create a great effect on what later became the album, because until that point I had never though about playing live. But when we played live I realized that a lot of the arrangements were restricting. So things took a harder edge, and solidified better after that. After that too I got rid of those guys, went by myself."

(BSide magazine 1990)
    Last edited by Edo; 02-25-2015 at 02:39 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I think there was also Vrenna's account on that tour in some of his Manson-era interviews.

edit: dug up a quote for ya

" Before NIN was signed to TVT he was talking to Nettwerk Records about signing there, Skinny Puppy, who were on the label, were on their VIVIsectVI tour at the time (1988). Skinny Puppy was coming through Cleveland and they had maybe about eight dates left on the tour. The label figured since we were going to be on the same label (which didn't work out that way in the end) that we should join Skinny Puppy on the remainder of the tour. We of course said "fuck yeah" because that was our favorite band ever. So here we were with about 4 days before they come to town and we had no idea how to play this material or what to play live. We stayed up for about four days trying to come up with about a thirty minute set of Pretty Hate Machine songs. We didn't have a keyboard player at the time, so I was playing them, we had a good friend of ours that played drums, and Trent played guitar and sang. We had a reel to reel tape deck that was raised up right in the middle of the stage. The thing about these tape decks is that you could only put about two songs on a reel, so I had to change out the tape reel during the set. So while I was changing out the tapes Trent would either talk to the crowd or we would play sounds from an emulator. To add to that we had a bag full of the tape that we ended up covering the whole stage in it, and I mean the whole stage; the drums, the floor, around the tape deck, etc. "

(source)
    Last edited by fillow; 02-25-2015 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So the show that is on the Closure bonus footage labelled their first show, was that a Skinny Puppy support set? it seemed a bit unstructured with TR wandering over to people

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Yeah, the footage of Sanctified and Sex Dwarf is definitely from that tour. As to if it's really the first show or not - who knows, the label in the video may easily be inaccurate. The capture says it's 1989 which is clearly wrong (should be '88).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Something I wouldn't mind knowing from that era is who the labels were they sent the demos to?, so far I can think of Wax Trax, Nettwerk, TVT and Atlantic (from that Fader magazine). I wonder how the story and music might have changed if he'd signed somewhere else, although I doubt I'd have ended up knowing them if he'd signed to Nettwerk or Wax Trax. Seems like the signing to TVT was pretty hasty, perhaps they were the only one with a more concrete offering or Gottlieb had a way of schmoozing or something?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    There's a professionally filmed video of Puppy from the 10/30/88 washington dc show that was filmed by the club....a;ways wondered if they filmed NINs set as well and have it buried somewhere

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Heres a question. Did Trent re-record vocals for this remix? I always thought he did (like in closer to god) but was never 100 percent sure

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Heres a question. Did Trent re-record vocals for this remix? I always thought he did (like in closer to god) but was never 100 percent sure
    I always thought the "opal" remix was a totally new creation, especially since it was dated November 1990. Speaking of HLAH, here's an advert from the September 14, 1991 edition of NME: