Page 152 of 216 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I haven't been following the official websites lately. When was the Official NIN Forum officially shut down?
    Today.
    Like, it was accessible by going direct to URL even when it was removed from the homepage, and was dying a slow death anyway, but today's the first time the site has been gone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Today.
    Like, it was accessible by going direct to URL even when it was removed from the homepage, and was dying a slow death anyway, but today's the first time the site has been gone.
    Same with irc ;(

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    Same with irc ;(
    irc hadn't worked without mirc for a while though had it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, with mirc it was perfect, and usually there was no more than 9-10 people.

Now IT'S ALL GONE petetonguisfuisuifyseiutfadsghkdlj:
    * Connecting to irc.nin.com (6667)
    * Unable to resolve server

Edit: Oh, my. Even remix.nin.com is unresolved for me now.

Edit2: Subdomains search for nin.com:

download.nin.com --- no ip associated
    irc.nin.com --- no ip associated
    phm.nin.com --- no ip associated
    profile.nin.com --- no ip associated
    access.nin.com --- no ip associated
    media.nin.com --- no ip associated
    dl.nin.com --- no ip associated
    tds.nin.com --- no ip associated
    thehistory.nin.com --- no ip associated
    lightsinthesky.nin.com --- no ip associated
    discipline.nin.com --- no ip associated
    beta.media.nin.com --- no ip associated
    theslip.nin.com --- no ip associated
    feeds.nin.com --- no ip associated
    ghosts.nin.com --- no ip associated
    remix.nin.com --- no ip associated
    member.nin.com --- no ip associated
    www.nin.com --- 185.116.213.142 -> 185-116-213-142.rdns.melbourne.co.uk >> Smart Cloud Hosting UK Ltd
    help.nin.com --- no ip associated
    store.nin.com --- 23.227.38.32 >> Shopify, Inc.
    halo22.nin.com --- no ip associated
    forum.nin.com --- no ip associated
    yearzero.nin.com --- no ip associated

Aaaand looks like now it's moved and hosted in uk (185.116.213.142 now - instead of sudjam's ip yesterday 208.81.236.37)

@enochr00t, please confirm!
    Last edited by Xvostya; 12-15-2016 at 09:29 PM. Reason: unresolved list

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Last edited by Xvostya; 12-15-2016 at 08:44 PM. Reason: nvm, pic from template

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Can someone screenshot this for me? I've seen it brought up in the new album thread as well, and it does not show for me (link goes to regular as it has been nin.com, image here is broken photo file).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    wtf is this?
    (images)
    Huh. Reverse image search has this from a few places. Example https://unsplash.com/photos/b7g3wVqr1gU

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's just a pic from clipart or even wordpress' defaults
    http://nin.su/bg1.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Okay, another question -
    http://www.nin.com/wp-login shows error 404 with "SITE CREDITS" refs to http://www.thecreativecorporation.com/

And there's no NIN site in portfolio. Why?

Edit: As well as http://www.dcoed.com/ in src, with no nin in portfolio, too.
    Last edited by Xvostya; 12-15-2016 at 09:08 PM. Reason: dcoed.com added

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Okay, another question -
    http://www.nin.com/wp-login shows error 404 with "SITE CREDITS" refs to http://www.thecreativecorporation.com/

And there's no NIN site in portfolio. Why?

Edit: As well as http://www.dcoed.com/ in src, with no nin in portfolio, too.
    They're probably just messing around with modifying WordPress templates atm (like you said, the pics suggest this), resulting in legacy stuff/references floating around in the site.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like these guys are new webmasters for NIN.

Little research shows actual status: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...829#post326829

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can't wait to see if they make yet another site in this modern trend of infinite scrolling, or there's still a bit of hope left for humanity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    *moved link to another thread*
    Last edited by Xvostya; 12-16-2016 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Moved https://telegram.me/nincom_updates to speculation thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I listened to A Warm Place today and started thinking about nin instrumentals. Has the instrumentals always been supposed to be instrumentals or does anyone know of a instrumental on a album that was supposed to have vocals but became an instrumental at some point because Trent thought it better without vocals? I absolutely love the Warm Place version with Stella Soleil on vocals and wondered if the song was conceived as a instrumental or if it became one at some point during the making of TDS.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDU View Post
    I listened to A Warm Place today and started thinking about nin instrumentals. Has the instrumentals always been supposed to be instrumentals or does anyone know of a instrumental on a album that was supposed to have vocals but became an instrumental at some point because Trent thought it better without vocals? I absolutely love the Warm Place version with Stella Soleil on vocals and wondered if the song was conceived as a instrumental or if it became one at some point during the making of TDS.
    Well this is instrumental;

and Trent has acknowledged that, whether intentional or not, it was an influence on A Warm Place so I imagine it was always going to be without vocals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Well this is instrumental;

and Trent has acknowledged that, whether intentional or not, it was an influence on A Warm Place so I imagine it was always going to be without vocals.
    Yes, of course I forgot about the connection there. But there's many more nin instrumentals, what about them

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I always wondered what kind of drugs Trent was abusing when he finally OD'd on tour. I imagine that he was obviously doing cocaine but the od was more likely caused by heroin and/or a combination of. Was it from injecting? For some reason he doesn't come across like someone carrying a kit around. Just a random wonder.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I always wondered what kind of drugs Trent was abusing when he finally OD'd on tour. I imagine that he was obviously doing cocaine but the od was more likely caused by heroin and/or a combination of. Was it from injecting? For some reason he doesn't come across like someone carrying a kit around. Just a random wonder.
    http://www.nin.wiki/2000/07/01_London,_UK

Apparently he consumed heroin but he thought it was cocaine. Some Pulp Fiction shit, which is horrible. Fuck anyone who thinks he was better in this stage of his life.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-16-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Soooo... This is the end for remix.nin.com ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    ...well fuck

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ...well fuck
    So many remixes I'll never hear again...

Yeah... we are suddenly (without warning) left without some things that I wish I would have gotten before this happened. I mean, I'm beyond ecstatic that we have a new EP, new Fragile stuff, and re-pressings of expensive rare vinyl, but I really wish we didn't lose some of the things we lost in the process.

Not quite on the same level, but that NIN beanie on the store was on my xmas list, and I know someone in my fiance's family was going to buy it for me this weekend... I wear beanies nearly half the year because the weather here (Buffalo snow storms plus mohawk don't mix) and would wear that thing until it disintegrated.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    You mean my Piggy remix is gone? hot damn!

To be honest it never aged well as a site, hope it comes back though..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I lost some of my old files a while ago and never rescued one thing on remix.nin - a comedy cover of Closer about cake I wrote. Now I have to find it hopefully somewhere else

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Hey, since I know you're lurking again, can I buy that NIN beanie real quick Trent? I'm sorry I waited to see if anyone got it for me for xmas It's cold and snowing and I just want your band logo plastered directly onto my forehead.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Hey, since I know you're lurking again, can I buy that NIN beanie real quick Trent? I'm sorry I waited to see if anyone got it for me for xmas It's cold and snowing and I just want your band logo plastered directly onto my forehead.
    While you're at it, can you unblock me on twitter, I promise not to rip all the audio from one of your websites ever again

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think Trent kind of fucked up not warning people of remix.nin.com being shut down. That is, if it's being shut down completely and not being revamped.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I do have a question and sorry if I sound like a moron but.... are some these reissues as well as The Fragile-Deviation 1 are coming out on CD and in retail stores somewhere in the future? I'm very old school when it comes to buying music as I like to go somewhere and buy a physical copy like a CD or something like I used to do whenever a new NIN single or album came out back in the day.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I do have a question and sorry if I sound like a moron but.... are some these reissues as well as The Fragile-Deviation 1 are coming out on CD and in retail stores somewhere in the future? I'm very old school when it comes to buying music as I like to go somewhere and buy a physical copy like a CD or something like I used to do whenever a new NIN single or album came out back in the day.
    As far as we know, the remaster vinyl will only be released as vinyl. No word on selling in retail stores, or amazon, or anywhere else.
    The Fragile Deviation is listed as a kind of "this is the only way to get this release, and once it sells out, that's it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How is Deviations still not sold out? I thought that was gonna run out within the first hour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there a good quality version of the Fragility 1.0 stuff anywhere? I always loved that footage from MTV special way back in the day. It was this weird transition between the curtain projections that proceeded the Fragility 2.0 tour to the more LED screen stuff that came after.