Page 99 of 216 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make fun of what you said. Saying voice changing is fine, and the question is fine. I just thought it'd be funny to pretend that I actually thought Peter Brady was based on Trent Reznor.
    No Problem. I don't know the show, i just went on wiki and saw that it was a sitcom, so I think you make a fun of it. However, I see, there is really a episode dealing with it. Maybe, i was a bit rash. Everything's fine

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I want to know what Dictionary Trent had growing up because his definition of the word "soon" seems to greatly differ from the one I'm familiar with.

(Please note that this is supposed to be a humorous, non-serious post and not the ravings of a pissed off super fan who takes it as a personal insult when he doesn't get what was promised to him by someone he doesn't even know and will very probably never meet. I'm fully aware that any mention of the word "soon" with Trent should be taken with a grain of salt for hundreds of different reasons that are frankly none of our goddamn business.
    Explanation over; we now return to your regularly scheduled programming.)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    He got old. He cant scream anymore. Hes not Mike Patton.....that sums it up. no need to obsess and over-analyze every detail on his voice change
    I do think there is something fascinating about how musicians deal with the scale drop that tends to happen as they age. Hearing David Bowie perform Life on Mars? now, or Heroes, and putting it side by side with their original studio recording is wonderful.

To me it's not about analyzing or obsessing, but it's almost as if we get a different take on these older songs now. And yes, there's also the fact that it sort of opens a window into the past, you can feel how much time passed and there's also a little bit of a heartache in there somewhere because we got older too, not just them.
    Sometimes it's striking to me just how fucking young Trent was during the PHM era, especially on the Purest Feeling demos, it's the voice of a kid.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post

the only vocal question that really needs to be broached is where the hell all the "heys" and "unfs" came from after he got sober. is this influenced from certain bands he started listening to? nascent results of his hip-hop obsession? did he step on a lot of Legos on stage? (why does it matter?)
    Maybe he was hanging with Hetfield and thought his "Yeah!" was a good idea? So he followed suit.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Maybe he was hanging with Hetfield and thought his "Yeah!" was a good idea? So he followed suit.
    Hetfield's is more like "YeaHehh!!"

TOTALLY different.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Yes, I've also thought of that, but I still wanted to be sure if the CD side of the With Teeth DualDisc didn't get the same treatment that the CD side of The Downward Spiral DualDisc got. For quite a while, I used to think that all CD sides of DualDisc albums were either digitally remastered or remixed in 5.1 surround sound.
    but like i said, the dualdisc version of with teeth came out at the same time the other formats of the album came out. the downward spiral dualdisc/DE was a 10th anniversary remaster. so of course the CD side of that was digitally remastered. but you can't remaster something when the original version of it has just come out.
    the CD sides of dualdiscs are just CDs. you can't encode them in 5.1, only the DVD side.
    i'm really confused about what you're trying to figure out here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post

the only vocal question that really needs to be broached is where the hell all the "heys" and "unfs" came from after he got sober. is this influenced from certain bands he started listening to? nascent results of his hip-hop obsession? did he step on a lot of Legos on stage? (why does it matter?)
    This is the only question that needs answering. I thought the same thing when they started touring for With Teeth....why is he yelling 'hey' every chance he gets? I like it though. It seems like he is just really into it and having a good time on stage. But it seems to have started when he got ripped. Can you imagine TR from the early to mid 90's yelling 'c'mon' or 'hey' in between every verse? I cant. But it is such a huge part of NIN live to me now. I love it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^ I honestly don't remember him doing that at gigs I was at in 2005, certainly not at the Astoria early on right at the beginning of the With Teeth tour, however didn't he say Public Enemy was a big influence to Year Zero? Maybe that started it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If it really did begin when he got sober (I've never paid much attention), it might have started a subconscious tic and just became habit. Being sober can make you more self-conscious.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^^ I honestly don't remember him doing that at gigs I was at in 2005, certainly not at the Astoria early on right at the beginning of the With Teeth tour, however didn't he say Public Enemy was a big influence to Year Zero? Maybe that started it

It was definitely no later than somewhere in the WT era- just watch (listen?) to BYIT Live.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but like i said, the dualdisc version of with teeth came out at the same time the other formats of the album came out. the downward spiral dualdisc/DE was a 10th anniversary remaster. so of course the CD side of that was digitally remastered. but you can't remaster something when the original version of it has just come out.
    the CD sides of dualdiscs are just CDs. you can't encode them in 5.1, only the DVD side.
    i'm really confused about what you're trying to figure out here.
    I understood what you said, it's just that I was letting butter_hole know exactly what I thought before you answered my question.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    What was the SSSC live lineup for NINJA? Obviously Tom and Boots, but there's 2-3 more people who I'm not sure about

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    What was the SSSC live lineup for NINJA? Obviously Tom and Boots, but there's 2-3 more people who I'm not sure about
    Carl Restivo on guitar, Dave “Kid Lightning” Gibbs on bass, and Eric Gardner on drums

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Is there a good version of LITS with a fixed camera view so you can see what's going on with the lights and the led walls the whole time? You know, kinda like the alternate views for eraser and such on BYIT.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any idea if the audio from this show was released as a bootleg by any chance? The quality is awesome given the year and I don't think I've heard "Get Down, Make Love" sound so good before.....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Do you know live recording of The Big Come Down where the camera would stay on fretboard of the guitar to see what are Finck/North playing? I can't figure out how is this song played, lot of it have to do with the pitch shift/harmonizer effect that's used in it. I don't know what part of the sound are effects and what are actual notes

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So, I'm getting piercings on Saturday. My piercer is kind of known as a celebrity piercing dude... Anyway, not that long ago, he did some work on Mariqueen. Would I sound like a psycho if I asked him if Trent was there? <3

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Hes not Mike Patton
    Whoa, man. Mind blowing!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Whoa, man. Mind blowing!
    Translation: Mike is the only singer in his 40s who can still scream like he did 20 years ago

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As far as the "hey"s and "come on"s are concerned, I always kind of thought of it as his way of making the shows a more playful and audience-involved environment. I think they came with his sobriety because after he became more clear-headed he began to become much more positive and interactive than before. Or something...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Is there a thread or an internet site where you can get NIN notes for piano? One of my family is looking for " And all that could have been".

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Know The Score immediately came to mind when I saw your question, but I don't see And All That Could Have Been on it. I still hope it's of some help though.

http://www.theninhotline.net/knowthescore/

However, this is where I found the notes for And All That Could Have Been when I searched for it on Google.

http://www.vkgoeswild.com/downloads....a2df2ce368f66d

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    As far as the "hey"s and "come on"s are concerned, I always kind of thought of it as his way of making the shows a more playful and audience-involved environment. I think they came with his sobriety because after he became more clear-headed he began to become much more positive and interactive than before. Or something...
    Trent Reznor is one of the least audience-interactive artists I have seen. His shows are like theater productions with a fourth wall. And he's certainly not Mr. Conversation or Eye Contact during shows.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can't hear Letting You without the 'hey hey hey' chant he did live after the first chorus.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootZap View Post
    Is there a thread or an internet site where you can get NIN notes for piano? One of my family is looking for " And all that could have been".
    AATCHB is shoegaze, I'd be surprised if it'll sound right if you play it straight on piano - there's not any official sheet for it (though if any album needs official sheets, it's that one), but there is official sheet for Pretty Hate Machine http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...Q77AVIRPDW7GFQ

(sorry, Amazon Germany doesn't stock it)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks Kris and sheepdan for your quick answers AND research!

http://www.vkgoeswild.com/downloads....a2df2ce368f66d @Kris That's something, even it could be difficult to decipher everything.

I'd be surprised if it'll sound right if you play it straight on piano
    He stumbled over a piano version played from a musician on YouTube and fell in love with it. He didn't know the song before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    So, I'm getting piercings on Saturday. My piercer is kind of known as a celebrity piercing dude... Anyway, not that long ago, he did some work on Mariqueen. Would I sound like a psycho if I asked him if Trent was there? <3
    Maybe a little tiny bit. But you know you're not a psycho just a big fan and you have your reasons for asking, and that's what matters.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZootZap View Post
    if you have access to Guitar Pro and can find a tab for the song made with that program, it will show you the score instead of tablature, and a trained pianist/anyone else who sightreads could more easily develop the piano arrangement.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    AATCHB is shoegaze, I'd be surprised if it'll sound right if you play it straight on piano - there's not any official sheet for it (though if any album needs official sheets, it's that one), but there is official sheet for Pretty Hate Machine http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...Q77AVIRPDW7GFQ

(sorry, Amazon Germany doesn't stock it)
    VKgoeswild's version is really, honestly, mindblowingly great

as is her version of the Fragile. I threw some money her way just because of how much enjoyment I get out of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Whoa that is fantastic sounding, works very well on piano.