Page 51 of 208 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Totally random, but I really don't know the relationship status of any of the band members other that T-Rez and Rob. Can anyone elaborate???
    Robin is married to a performer from Cirque du Soleil and they have a daughter. This info is readily available in recent interviews so there you go.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    None of your business.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    None of your business.
    This made me laugh for some reason.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    This made me laugh for some reason.
    Sorry, it came out snarkier than intended, it's just like we prefer to keep people's private lives off the board.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    ^You're totally right. There goes my fan fiction entitled "The Wives of NIN Eat at California Pizza Kitchen."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Is it me or does the pause noise in San Andreas sound a lot like one of the noises from "Suck"? Am I made or is this a commonly known thing? It would make sense seeing as all the music and trappings of the game are centred around 1992

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, so I guess the wife and I are break necking it to the Cleveland show!!
    anyone know when NIN hits the stage about? Want to figure out our timeframe to get there since we can't leave till 2 Chicago time 3 Cleveland time. Puts us there around 7-7:30 giving no obstacles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

why does it have to be this way?

Okay, where did the nickname "PodBoy" come from?
    Was the cornstarch a direct influence of being covered in mud at Woodstock?
    Is Trent actively involved with that "save the dogz omg" thing?
    Yes, I'm not cool for doing that.
    Oh, also - what other records has Flood produced that would appeal to my NIN taste?
    oh also.....What is everyone's favorite Prince record. Mines the all encompassing Sign-o-the-Times.
    Also, what exactly triggered the Manson/ Reznor falling out? You can find just one blurry video of them even being on good terms. Anywhere I can see the rest of that clip? Never seen it.
    I guess my next question would be if you guys ever doubt NIN in retrospect. Would you respond the same way today..? Proboably not. That's why Hesitation Marks will never change your life like that. Even though its painfully good.
    Last questions are hard - especially when its a tough one like this.
    Why doesn't Charlie Clouser do a sample of himself on the live version of "Where is Everybody?".
    Come on Charlie, let's hear that Who oh oh ah oh oh ohhh whooo

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mercyshallow View Post
    Also, what exactly triggered the Manson/ Reznor falling out?
    Egos, backstabbing, badmouthing, daddy issues and Oedipus complex.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Was the cornstarch a direct influence of being covered in mud at Woodstock?
    Nope, this dates back to the beginning of the band. The very first NIN photo shoot was done by a guy named Jeffrey Silverthorne and his thing was to photograph people (sometimes nudes) in black and white with corn starch on their bodies so that they would look almost corpse-like. The guys decided to borrow this idea for live performance. Note that Trent also has cornstarch on his face at the end of the "Down In It" video.
    Oh, also - what other records has Flood produced that would appeal to my NIN taste?
    It's hard to say what will appeal to you, since he's done a lot of different stuff. Off the top of my head I'd say Violator by Depeche Mode, Cuckoo by Curve and Showtime by Nitzer Ebb. Here's a partial list of other stuff he's done:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_(...uction_credits
    Last edited by piggy; 10-04-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I also thought it had to do with Marilyn Manson writing certain things about Trent Reznor in The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell. I also searched for it on Google, and Trent definitely felt betrayed after realizing what Marilyn Manson wrote about him.

http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...cle.php?id=826

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I also thought it had to do with Marilyn Manson writing certain things about Trent Reznor in The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell.
    Well, there are events and facts, but nothing triggered anything as such, I think. You have two control freaks who fell for each other, what can you expect... Manson was unstoppable, Reznor was unmovable.
    How could Reznor not foresee that he would become part of Manson's advertising plan, and how could Manson believe that he would do whatever he wanted under Reznor's firm wing, I don't know.

I would have loved to see the both of them mature gracefully and keep on collaborating, that would have been an alliance of forces to behold.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Manson was unstoppable...
    ...an alliance of forces to behold.
    Sorry for offtopic but are you really saying Manson is/was talented at some point?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Sorry for offtopic but are you really saying Manson is/was talented at some point?
    No, that's not what I'm saying here, but off topic ? I'm think he was*.
    I'm referring to his motivation back then during the recording of Antichrist Superstar. I believe that's when both egos really clashed, between Manson trying to rise and Reznor trying to control.

* : honestly, I was done arguing with my friends about why I liked Manson since 96/98. So yeah, I'm not doing that again years later with faceless people on a digital realm.
    Last edited by Khrz; 10-04-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would have loved to see the both of them mature gracefully and keep on collaborating, that would have been an alliance of forces to behold.
    As much as I love Marilyn Manson, he will never ever mature gracefully.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Well, there are events and facts, but nothing triggered anything as such, I think. You have two control freaks who fell for each other, what can you expect... Manson was unstoppable, Reznor was unmovable.
    How could Reznor not foresee that he would become part of Manson's advertising plan, and how could Manson believe that he would do whatever he wanted under Reznor's firm wing, I don't know.

I've always felt the same way despite whatever caused any rifts between them. It would have been great to see Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, and Tori Amos in amicable terms as they've been back in the mid to late 1990s. (Yes, I'm including her too.) Yeah, this feels more for Random NIN Thoughts post to me in a way, but it is still in relation to the questions about other musicians that had a falling out with NIN.

I'm also guessing most interviewers probably didn't even bother to ask him what really happened between him and Marilyn Manson or Tori Amos though, especially the latter.

(I'm also including fan interviews... but I don't think I'd even have to gall to ask him that, despite how curious I am over such matters, that is, if I was to ever be in that position, which would never happen in a billion years.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-05-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    well, i'm not totally dismissing him, for the record, but... it was just one time i watched that "easter egg" on AATCHB DVD and the contrast between the two crushed everything that could potentially be tolerable for me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    well, i'm not totally dismissing him, for the record, but...
    I don't know to what extent you are familiar with MM's worthwhile output (anything up to MA), but you owe it to yourself to at least give ACSS a chance. TR and the Self-Destruct tour members had a ridiculous hand in producing and creating it. There's definitely a salient NIN feel in the overall sound, and serves as an interesting bridge between the sound of TDS transitioning over to TF. Not many related bands have come to match TR's nakedness when it comes to conveying feelings on a song and Manson, at the time, were one of the fortunate few. In addition to the vocal performance, the sound design, guitars, synths, and "noise" shape a record that matches that of a "live band" rendition of TDS. As much of a goddamned fool as MM is post-Columbine, the accolades for ACSS were, and still are, definitely well-deserved.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 10-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    I don't know to what extent you are familiar with MM's worthwhile output (anything up to MA), but you owe it to yourself to at least give ACSS a chance. TR and the Self-Destruct tour members had a ridiculous hand in producing and creating it. There's definitely a salient NIN feel in the overall sound, and serves as an interesting bridge between the sound of TDS transitioning over to TF. Not many related bands have come to match TR's nakedness when it comes to conveying feelings on a song and Manson, at the time, were one of the fortunate few. In addition to the vocal performance, the sound design, guitars, synths, and "noise" shape a record that matches that of a "live band" rendition of TDS. As much of a goddamned fool as MM is post-Columbine, the accolades for ACSS were, and still are, definitely well-deserved.
    That's how I've seen it, but I'd even go as far to recommend Holy Wood to anybody that that loved Antichrist Superstar too. It seems to be worth the chance, as HW does have moments that take me back to some ACSS vibes. Mechanical Animals and Portrait of an American Family are also very worth getting into as well, but ACSS and MA are usually the two best MM albums to start with.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Not really a NIN question, but somewhat related : My brother's girlfriend asked me to make her a NIN mixtape/playlist after seeing them at the Rock En Seine festival.
    If the task wasn't herculean enough as it is (which my brother pointed to her, saying she was asking for the very shitty favor to pick favorite tracks among my favorite band's very large discography), I'm of course quite OCD about it (NIN fans, heh...).
    Aaaand I'm getting sick and tired to edit tracks under Audacity to make them flow nicely, or remove bits and snippets (side question, why the hell can't we have ONE clean edit of Burn that doesn't have that annoying millisecond of Natural Born Killers segue at the beginning ?), so is there a nice, simple mixtape editor of some sort for editing and crossfading tracks easily ?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Not really a NIN question, but somewhat related : My brother's girlfriend asked me to make her a NIN mixtape/playlist after seeing them at the Rock En Seine festival.
    If the task wasn't herculean enough as it is (which my brother pointed to her, saying she was asking for the very shitty favor to pick favorite tracks among my favorite band's very large discography), I'm of course quite OCD about it (NIN fans, heh...).
    Aaaand I'm getting sick and tired to edit tracks under Audacity to make them flow nicely, or remove bits and snippets, so is there a nice, simple mixtape editor of some sort for editing and crossfading tracks easily ?
    Cool Edit Pro 2 (aka. Adobe Audition) is simple to use with its multitrack/crossfade capabilities.
    side question, why the hell can't we have ONE clean edit of Burn that doesn't have that annoying millisecond of Natural Born Killers segue at the beginning ?)
    ...There's a millisecond of segue? If it's that "whine" on the first kick beat it's nothing really all that noticeable...
    Tried TDS deluxe, disc 2?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    ...There's a millisecond of segue? If it's that "whine" on the first kick beat it's nothing really all that noticeable...
    Tried TDS deluxe, disc 2?
    Yeah, tried every version, it's always there. Maybe it's not that noticeable to you, but it has bummed me out for years, and as I said, I'm quite OCD when it comes to playlist tracks flowing and fading neatly
    Thanks for the heads up !

@utterben : I know, just wondering what it might have been, even if the odds were poor from the start.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Do you guys think Trent of 2013 ever regrets what NIN was in the 90's? I don't mean the success or money or any of that, I mean the persona that people tend to associate with him/the band. This year we've seen backlash towards HTDA, "Everything" and the backup singers, because some fans see those as not very NIN.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What's the red and blue guitar pick/cone represent on this forum that's next to peoples avatars?

I think the tickets have something to do with post count, and octagon is a paying member.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    What's the red and blue guitar pick/cone represent on this forum that's next to peoples avatars?

I think the tickets have something to do with post count, and octagon is a paying member.
    One day I'll get around to putting up a FAQ, but they are different passes, which indicate staff (in my case) or different levels of donation. They also change according to post count - starting off as Fragile-era passes, then W_T era passes, then LITS era passes.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i honestly dont remember a lot of the last NIN show i saw (heroin is a hell of a drug) but do people still mosh? like, can i find myself in a pit during MOTP?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    You may find yourself on the GA floor of a nine inch nails show.
    You may find yourself surrounded by like minded fans.
    You may find yourself with little room to dance or breathe.
    You may ask yourself, well can I mosh during march of the pigs?
    Letting the crowd get by, you'll know when you can slam dance.
    Don't annoy your fellow neighbors, if there's little room to move around.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Questions

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    You may find yourself on the GA floor of a nine inch nails show.
    You may find yourself surrounded by like minded fans.
    You may find yourself with little room to dance or breathe.
    You may ask yourself, well can I mosh during march of the pigs?
    Letting the crowd get by, you'll know when you can slam dance.
    Don't annoy your fellow neighbors, if there's little room to move around.
    My god! What have you done?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you think they'll ever update/rebuild the remix.nin.com site? It's still a great place to hear fan-made remixes in my opinion. Somehow, I think it may have destroyed the pro remixers...or at least created more competition because a lot of these mixes are so well done you could release a remix album every month for years and never hear the same one. I've been anxious to hear HM remixes by fans and one finally popped up for Copy of A copy done by SHANESUFRITI.

*edit - I realize the web master commented about no more work on the site but was still curious about other possibilities.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Was there ever any hint or mention of the next music video? (Then again, if there was, it would probably have been plastered all over the NIN section in under 5 minutes.) It seems like Copy Of A would be next. (Perhaps combined with The Eater Of Dreams.)