Page 153 of 215 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 6449

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintNoir View Post
    Is there a good quality version of the Fragility 1.0 stuff anywhere? I always loved that footage from MTV special way back in the day. It was this weird transition between the curtain projections that proceeded the Fragility 2.0 tour to the more LED screen stuff that came after.
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?t=1423

Quote Originally Posted by FRDU View Post
    How is Deviations still not sold out? I thought that was gonna run out within the first hour
    They never announced how big the pressing run would be. Just that the initial pressing would be it. People just assumed that it would be extremely limited based on the order inventory in the store, but they increased the quantity available on the store once to accommodate the orders.
    So, it seems likely that they will press to order with maybe a little bit of overpress.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?t=1423

They never announced how big the pressing run would be. Just that the initial pressing would be it. People just assumed that it would be extremely limited based on the order inventory in the store, but they increased the quantity available on the store once to accommodate the orders.
    So, it seems likely that they will press to order with maybe a little bit of overpress.
    This makes a lot of sense. Consider that they had been sitting on stock of TGWTDT special edition up until apparently this week (it now says sold out) and they still have copies of Cargo in the Blood. If you are able to be flexible in your production requirements, you both ensure people who really want it (and can afford it) will get it but also aren't left with hard to move extras if you overestimate the demand.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I think Trent kind of fucked up not warning people of remix.nin.com being shut down. That is, if it's being shut down completely and not being revamped.
    I agree the lack of warning was a poor decision overall, but the site wasn't really designed to be much of a media player. The entire point of it was that you can try everything out and download the MP3 of the ones you like. If you've never done that, it's pretty bizarre.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the mp3 audio for the gift? I'm trying to torrent it is stuck at 88% with zero seeds right now.

Edit: Never mind. It's going now.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 12-21-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    could anyone help a brutha who owns niggy tardust in paid mp3, cd, and vinyl form with a PM of the original FLAC download? figured i'd add that to the collection of flac files (n)incoming tonight.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    could anyone help a brutha who owns niggy tardust in paid mp3, cd, and vinyl form with a PM of the original FLAC download? figured i'd add that to the collection of flac files (n)incoming tonight.
    I second this.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Was the download included with the Lost Highway OST remastered? The vinyl is supposed to be.

TRENT REZNOR PRODUCED SOUNDTRACK FOR DAVID LYNCH'S HYPNOTIZING 1997 FILM. REMASTERED 2016 AUDIO ON 180-GRAM VINYL, REMASTERED ARTWORK AND MORE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    so trent sampled prince's alphabet st. for ringfinger? what part? because i can't hear it.
    While it's impossible to tell without Ringfinger multitracks (or I guess you can compare it against the remastered version which removed a bunch of samples, fucking lame) but it's definitely something in that end noisy breakdown. Honestly it kind of sounds like he ripped part of the guitar solo and looped it but he could easily have done that himself.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    soooo NIN.com lists Recoiled as a halo release? Does the packaging lend to it being a halo?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    soooo NIN.com lists Recoiled as a halo release? Does the packaging lend to it being a halo?
    It's not a halo - regardless of anything else, Uncoiled came out before HM, so HM should've been a higher halo number (yes Recoiled isn't quite Uncoiled, but they're fruits of the same tree).

It's just the new site admin/designer adding things in the wrong place

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It's not a halo - regardless of anything else, Uncoiled came out before HM, so HM should've been a higher halo number (yes Recoiled isn't quite Uncoiled, but they're fruits of the same tree).

It's just the new site admin/designer adding things in the wrong place
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have an update on seven1963.org? The site went down a couple months ago and had tons of NIN goodies I couldn't find anywhere else.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Anyone have an update on seven1963.org? The site went down a couple months ago and had tons of NIN goodies I couldn't find anywhere else.
    ditto, i dint finish grabbing all the rammstein boots hosted there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What are the lyrics at 5:50? I've never been able to make them out.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    What are the lyrics at 5:50? I've never been able to make them out.

All dead, now I know the depths I'll reach are limitless

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I was looking for that site as well..I wanted to download the 05 voodoo fest dvd.The woman who ran it also runs some Manson fansite (providermodule)...maybe PM her there(not sure she is even active anymore)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Same here I was kinda sad when I lost a HDD and found out I couldn't download from there anymore

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I remember way back in the day that there was a "Fragile Mega-Mix" floating around that used a bunch of remixes and found loops. Any clue as to where that, or the tracklist went?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    please name some of the best live versions of TDTWWA. reason can be, that the performance was just good, very emotional, or an "alternate" version (e.g. CRC session) was performed, etc.
    thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://remix.nin.com/
    is it down? why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember seeing a video of a live version of The Warning where Trent was wearing a hoodie with the hood on while singing it. I believe it was a video of the full show and it was an early Tension Tour show. Does anyone know the date or have a link to the YouTube video I'm referring to?

Edit: Also I'm almost certain it was a professional live broadcast
    Last edited by walking_shade; 12-24-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is that "Patriots Day OST" floating around with 32 tracks is real?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    http://remix.nin.com/
    is it down? why?

Actual answer: All previously nin-provided services were taken down at 16 of december with the new release, new site, new concept, new hosting company and new server location and now only may be available at fan-driven archive resources. Lurk!
    Last edited by Xvostya; 12-25-2016 at 09:04 AM. Reason: better image :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And speaking of HM art and scratched photo that came with NTAE release... -- related?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Is there a relationship with Sony anymore? Or did that go by the wayside?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Is there a relationship with Sony anymore? Or did that go by the wayside?
    Maybe it was just a temporary relationship for the release of Hesitation Marks just to see if NIN can still be available to the public w/ major label support and w/o some of the bullshit that usually goes on.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent said that he wasn't beholden to Columbia to make another album with them. Basically if he wants to do something with them, the door is open to do that, but he can release material on his own if he wants. Partnering with Columbia makes sense for something like Hesitation Marks (especially with a tour attached), but not for something like Not The Actual Events.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trent said that he wasn't beholden to Columbia to make another album with them. Basically if he wants to do something with them, the door is open to do that, but he can release material on his own if he wants. Partnering with Columbia makes sense for something like Hesitation Marks (especially with a tour attached), but not for something like Not The Actual Events.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if come the next full album release with subsequent tour, it comes out under Columbia (unless something specific happened with them and he doesn't want to go back) for distribution at least. Trent seemed really mad that the TF-D release had so many problems, and I can understand why. He doesn't want his fans to have to deal with problems when buying something so important to him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

GIF source

Someone tweeted me this GIF the other day. Trying to find the source - as it looks recent-ish (ie last five years) is it from an interview or something...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's from the documentary about Depeche Mode (or more about their fans) The Posters Came from the Walls. I had somewhere link to it, but that might take me some time to find. Instead for now here you can read short summary and interview with authors of the movie.
    Last edited by Atu; 12-27-2016 at 04:01 AM.