Page 143 of 216 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Not sure if this would be best asked here or in the tattoo thread, but I'm already here so...

I want to get a Fragile-ear tattoo at some point. My initial idea was playing with the flower from the shirt based off the album art (because the single flower would obviously work better than the cropped field of flowers) maybe in a watercolor kind of style. But there's a good chance it would look more like a blob of orange and green than anything, especially over time.
    Then I was looking at all of the promo art, and everything is very soft focus for the era, which don't get me wrong that's part of why I love the art for that album, and macro photography is my passion.
    A NIN friend of mine suggested maybe something from the TDTWWA album artwork. But I feel like over time, even that would look like a blob, just black this time.

Does anyone have any good ideas for what might work (and last a little while) as a Fragile-era tattoo?
    I wanted something very similar to what you've described. After talking to a tattoo artist, it was decided that the soft focus would be very difficult to achieve and look good. Ended up getting this:

http://imgur.com/zLloYtp

I would get a consultation and explain to the artist what you are looking for. A lot of times they can help guide you in the right direction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was offline for a few years, 2 days ago saw those applemusic with_teetha & fragile extras and the Tension rehearsals... So did I miss anything else?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    I was offline for a few years, 2 days ago saw those applemusic with_teetha & fragile extras and the Tension rehearsals... So did I miss anything else?
    Dank memes. Lots of them.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    Did you catch the Gone Girl OST?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Hahaha. I remember this. Story time!

What happened was some band was backstage, overheard some things, interpreted it as bitching, and went online to say that APC was unhappy with their touring situation. SLS News went with the story, and caught absolute hell for it. Imagine the kind of email Trent writes to you when he sees you spreading the idea that bands on your tour aren't getting the support they need. It was kind of devastating for the guy running the site - he called me in kind of a panic about it, and I tried to give him positive reassurances, but he made himself a shit sandwich and took a big bite out of it.

So NIN rolls through our neck of the woods - Columbia, MD. (SLS was run out of Virginia). It was actually one of the nights I didn't announce that I'd be at the show - some of you may remember that I'd try to organize get-togethers at shows via the Hotline. I'm walking around with my buddy Jason, and I got one of those Fragility ticket holder laminates, and Evan (the guy who ran SLS) spots me. "Where'd you get that? Are you going backstage too? I got a call from Susan (who ran PR), she's flying in for the show." Super weird. I think at some point I ran into Keith or Rob, and they gave Jason and I stickies, so after the show, we're hanging out 'backstage' in the lounge area waiting for traffic to die down. Susan swoops in, Evan in tow, sees me, and assures me I'll get to talk to Trent too. At this point, I'd met the guy a couple of times, it's not that big a deal, it's more kind of weird that this whole thing is being set up like it is. Universal/Interscope management is, to put it mildly, melodramatic as hell, and maybe think Evan and I are more important than we really are with our fan sites.

Anyway, some time passes, she emerges from the door and asks me to come back to wherever this room is that Trent's talking to Evan in. He explains the whole situation with APC and how it's actually fine, and this other group of people were just trying to fake some gravity by showing off that they were backstage at a NIN show. Evan, meanwhile, is telling Trent that he's heard the (as of yet unreleased) Tweaker album, and that he thinks Trent would really like it, and should give it a listen. Then a dude comes in with a huge pile of merch and gives it to Evan. Trent says, are you going to do something like that for Matt? I waved it off - "I'm not here for free merch dude, it's all good." (I probably should have kept my mouth shut).

Wasn't that fun?
    interesting how that unfolded :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Did you catch the Gone Girl OST?
    thank you, just caught it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Which one of you is responsible for this?

Surely someone who is this obsessed with nin comes around ets.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @microphonefiend ?
    no microphonefiend here i guess. i was just trying out the name, i've never seen it here before.

At any rate, it's a very insightful, albeit, highly subjective bit of internet bloggery, upon which i was quite amused to stumble.

(sorry for yet another double post)
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-21-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    At any rate, it's a very insightful, albeit, highly subjective bit of internet bloggery, upon which i was quite amused to stumble.
    I was in agreement until I got to:

Quote Originally Posted by microphonefiend
    110. The New Flesh

A complex lyrical structure makes this song hard to listen to, and is definitely one of NIN's most forgettable songs. It gets louder towards the end but other than this, it doesn't have a distinct feature to remember it by.

which isn't insightful. It's just stupid.

Edit: Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by microphonefiend
    88. Get Down, Make Love

Another cover, this time of Queen from their News Of The World album. The minute-long intro you hear at the beginning was later re-used for Hyperpower! on Year Zero.

Someone's ears are broken.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 03-22-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post

Someone's ears are broken.
    Especially looking at their 1st place. Ewwww.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Especially looking at their 1st place. Ewwww.
    i didn't even read the whole thing.

Still, it's interesting that someone would do all of that and not even peak his or her head in here...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    No. The CD single also ends with a bit of "Complication" during the fade out, the cassingle does not. Instead, the crowd starts to chant "Nine Inch Nails!" like in the DVD menus for And All That Could Have Been (I shit you not, ripped this cassette myself last week).
    Thanks for WHAT, and by the way maybe it's worth noticing this difference on the nin.wiki page of Halo 13 and Starfuckers, Inc. ?
    I don't know how to do this by myself, seems like I cannot register.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    Thanks for WHAT, and by the way maybe it's worth noticing this difference on the nin.wiki page of Halo 13 and Starfuckers, Inc. ?
    I don't know how to do this by myself, seems like I cannot register.
    Done and done. Though I wonder if I should make separate entries on the SF page, one for TDTWWA CD version and one for TDTWWA cassette version...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's a very interesting tidbit because there were no live nin performances 4 years prior to fragile and its first single. Therefore the audience chanting had to be taken from 94-95 shows. Trent could do some studio magic to emulate live sample though it's unlikely... Except if botley insists it was snuck into aatchb DVD, then it's super odd to think how video of later tour was enhanced with earlier recordings. I write this having not heard the cassette track, just fascinated by that time paradox

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    It's a very interesting tidbit because there were no live nin performances 4 years prior to fragile and its first single. Therefore the audience chanting had to be taken from 94-95 shows. Trent could do some studio magic to emulate live sample though it's unlikely... Except if botley insists it was snuck into aatchb DVD, then it's super odd to think how video of later tour was enhanced with earlier recordings. I write this having not heard the cassette track, just fascinated by that time paradox
    It's not unlikely. There are at least three layers of 'audience' in that bit — 1) the Kiss sample, from their live album Alive II, which is definitely not the only cheering present, 2) other generic audience cheers and yelling, which could be from anywhere, and 3) the "NIN" chanting, which is only on the cassingle and not audible in other versions — I suspect it might just be the male voices that sing on the chorus (credited as the Buddha Boys Choir on the album), not necessarily from a real NIN show. They probably dug out and re-used the Buddha Boys for And All That Could Have Been; it wouldn't be the only case of studio trickery on that album.
    Last edited by botley; 03-24-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is it recent that all tracks on Soundcloud NIN account have been removed ?
    Apple Music exclusivity thing ? New track coming next (lol) ?

I was using it a lot for listening the Heavy/Quiet Tracks/Deep Cuts playlists !

https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Maybe Interscope, Bicycle and Columbia all realised Trent didn't actually get permission to upload them

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

When I went there, just now, the playlists are still up and listenable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Damn, I was kinda hoping they were taken down in preparation for the greatest hits release.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Confirming "This playlist has no tracks". Maybe some new stupid restriction, like a regional thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Confirming "This playlist has no tracks". Maybe some new stupid restriction, like a regional thing.
    Yeah it seems like this... In both France and Spain no tracks, in the US, everything is like before.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Are there bootlegs of the concerts that are used in any of the Live dvd's/blurays? How does the audio compare? I mean the actual sound from the instruments rather than the fidelity quality. Is there any obvious studio touching up going on?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just to make sure, it's "count down to the end"... Not "god damn Julien"... Right?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Copy_of_an_Echo - Yes, absolutely. If you have a physical copy of Year Zero, the booklet should tell you that, but in case you don't, The Nine Inch Nails Wiki is the next best thing.

http://www.nin.wiki/Meet_Your_Master#Lyrics

And in case you've actually misheard that part of Meet Your Master without ever visiting this particular YTMND by any chance whatsoever, here it is.

http://goddamnjulienne.ytmnd.com/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    There are so many amazing NIN/Trent YTMNDs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    explain through what magick to me someone how this joker got such a clean vocal track

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rock Band multitrack, probably.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone have/know the bass tabs for "Everything"? My wife wants to play it but we can't anything.
    *R2D2 starts* "Please ETS, you're my last hope."
    :P

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Ha! Found it!
    The video of this guy is down, but the dropbox link was still readable in the description on FB.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fajirlp8ku...Everything.pdf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have always wondered what Trent did with the mic on Closer during the Woodstock concert. It sounds so weird on the I want to fuck you like an animal, I want to feel you from the inside part.