Page 136 of 216 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 6452

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Was there ever any sort of fan-made DVD for the Performance 07 tour? It's by a mile one of my favorites (seriously, so many of the best RITC recordings seem to come from it) and it seems like the only tour that I know of (aside from maybe the PHM touring, even though there's a good chunk of pro-shot footage from it) where there's no sort of DVD/blu ray/concert film effort around it at all, be it official or unofficial.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Was there ever any sort of fan-made DVD for the Performance 07 tour? It's by a mile one of my favorites (seriously, so many of the best RITC recordings seem to come from it) and it seems like the only tour that I know of (aside from maybe the PHM touring, even though there's a good chunk of pro-shot footage from it) where there's no sort of DVD/blu ray/concert film effort around it at all, be it official or unofficial.
    theres a pro shot of the 07 Reading Fest out there...5 or so songs

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It was obvious but subtle. Loud but quiet. Sarcastic but sincere.
    It makes you feel like your head is on a springah.
    Kinda like your farts.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Maybe you guys can help me with Bowie's passing there is a ton of Bowie stuff on Ebay. What is the best Bowie/NIN concert bootleg from their tour?
    What do you need ebay for?
    Linked below is the only soundboard recording from the tour. Everything else you might find which claims to be SBD/FM recording is a mislabel of the same show (unless it's video, but it's another story)
    http://ninlive.com/shows/1995/19951011.html
    Last edited by fillow; 01-16-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ...why would he?
    Dude, 2016 is a long year, and he's only dropped an album without warning once (Ghosts). So, even if something comes soon, it'll probably be the announcement, not the album itself.
    Wasn't the Slip a bit of surprise, or just that it was free?
    But then again you're talking to a guy who is surprised by EVERY new album by every artist because I just don't keep track of stuff like that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_nin_collector View Post
    Wasn't the Slip a bit of surprise, or just that it was free?
    But then again you're talking to a guy who is surprised by EVERY new album by every artist because I just don't keep track of stuff like that.
    Slip wasn't a surprise really - we had 2 singles beforehand, both of which had the album's release date in their metadata

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Am I right in thinking this year is the 30th anniversary of Trent releasing music? W/r/t Exotic Birds' "L'oiseau".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I know for the most part Trent was always the writer, composer, and arranger of his music and saved most of the final mixing and mastering to the engineers, but as for producing his albums... Did he ever have a producer helping him with stuff like his artistic vision, themes and overall style in order to stay commercial enough to make money? Or was Trent on his own with that too?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't think Trent has the sole producer credit on any NIN album. His co-producers definitely played a part in the artistic vision of NIN. But as for a producer specifically making NIN releases more "commercial"...pretty sure that was the case with PHM. Dunno about any later album.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    There's him seeking advice from Rubin in the late 90s and during the recording of WT/Bleedtrough...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    So I know for the most part Trent was always the writer, composer, and arranger of his music and saved most of the final mixing and mastering to the engineers, but as for producing his albums... Did he ever have a producer helping him with stuff like his artistic vision, themes and overall style in order to stay commercial enough to make money? Or was Trent on his own with that too?
    a) See, there's this dude called Atticus...
    b) There's cowriters on nearly every release

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    a) See, there's this dude called Atticus...
    b) There's cowriters on nearly every release
    I emphasize, "for the most part".

I know he had co-writers and that he got help with a lot of instrumentation with song writing, but I was looking for whether he had producer credit on any albums after PHM.
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 01-25-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    There's him seeking advice from Rubin in the late 90s and during the recording of WT/Bleedtrough...
    I remember hearing that. Was Rubin given credit on the final work?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    I don't think Trent has the sole producer credit on any NIN album. His co-producers definitely played a part in the artistic vision of NIN. But as for a producer specifically making NIN releases more "commercial"...pretty sure that was the case with PHM. Dunno about any later album.
    Ah that's what I thought.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Didn't John Fryer mostly produce PHM and I read an article where Fryer discussed PHM and when Steve Gottlieb heard the finished product he put his hands to his face and said 'you've ruined this album' so hardly made it more commercial.
    This is the article
    http://www.electricity-club.co.uk/john-fryer-interview/
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-25-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Didn't John Fryer mostly produce PHM and I read an article where Fryer discussed PHM and when Steve Gottlieb heard the finished product he put his hands to his face and said 'you've ruined this album' so hardly made it more commercial.
    This is the article
    http://www.electricity-club.co.uk/john-fryer-interview/
    Interesting. I guess I was wrong about that... Well, maybe just the *expectation* was that the producers would make it more commercial.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    hah, john fryer, while an *amazing* producer (seriously, one of my all time favorites), was hardly the most commercial-minded guy on that side of a mixing board. i mean, nobody wants to ruin a record, but he's not necessarily known for churning out pop hits.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I dunno. Fryer has credits on nearly every song, but there isn't much uncommercial music on PHM.

And anyway, the people more likely to have been brought in as an attempt at commercial success would've been the others in the pile: Flood, Sherwood, LeBlanc. Certainly more so than Fryer.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Does anyone have information on what really happened with Jeff Ward? I know he was a heroin addict, and I know he committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

But I've also heard that he murdered his girlfriend shortly before his suicide, and that his suicide note included references to Jourgensen having not paid him for a ton of work and that he was in financial ruin.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I remember hearing that. Was Rubin given credit on the final work?
    His name is first on the list of "Thank You"s in the big PDF sheet of credits. Nobody is credited on the actual With Teeth album sleeve except TR and Alan Moulder, I believe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    And anyway, the people more likely to have been brought in as an attempt at commercial success would've been the others in the pile: Flood, Sherwood, LeBlanc. Certainly more so than Fryer.
    Yeah. This is what I had been thinking. Looks like the singles were mainly produced by them. Although I don't know the actual history, e.g., if they were actually brought in to make singles.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    His name is first on the list of "Thank You"s in the big PDF sheet of credits. Nobody is credited on the actual With Teeth album sleeve except TR and Alan Moulder, I believe.
    Anyone remember that 1997 Spin article where he has the goatee and says that Rick Rubin is producing the new record?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

Ah okay interesting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey guys I really want to know which NIN song this is. I know it's not The Great Below because the last two root notes from the bass are different.

https://soundcloud.com/mishka-pidruc...n-song-is-this

I couldn't find the track online since it was more of a rarity, so I quickly whipped up/composed a couple bars worth as an example of what I could recall from the song. The melody is right and I think the bass should be pretty close to what I heard.
    Last edited by Copy_of_an_Echo; 01-27-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    A Warm Place

I couldn't find the track online since it was more of a rarity

... I guess you didn't link to the right one then !
    Last edited by Khrz; 01-27-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hey guys I really want to know which NIN song this is. I know it's not The Great Below because the last two root notes from the bass are different.

https://soundcloud.com/mishka-pidruc...n-song-is-this

I couldn't find the track online since it was more of a rarity, so I quickly whipped up/composed a couple bars worth as an example of what I could recall from the song. The melody is right and I think the bass should be pretty close to what I heard.
    Rarity? It's a track from The Downward Spiral...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Downward Spiral? What is it, some kind of b-sides compilation?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Rarity? It's a track from The Downward Spiral...
    ...and Natural Born Killers, as well. Segues into that piece

which i forever associate with AWP on equal rights with Eraser
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 01-27-2016 at 06:59 AM.