Page 100 of 216 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In case anyone missed it, there are a bunch more of her NIN covers here in mp3: http://vkgoeswild.com/?section=mp3&bands=1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone have individual song artwork for the Hesitation Marks album? (I'm talkin' about the pictures that have the lyrics on them too) I think I downloaded it somewhere, then deleted it because the folder also had flac audios which at the time I couldn't play.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Advice wanted from local hi-res music enthisiasts.
    That recent dualdisc talk led me to thinking... how do you folks usually organize HD albums on a computer or external storage device?

For example, when ripping, say, With Teeth DVD would you point it to your general “HD music” directory and simply have it named “NIN - With Teeth”,
    or would you put it in your “Nine Inch Nails” directory along with other nin releases and write a note in brackets, such as:
    With Teeth (HD) or With Teeth (24-bit) or With Teeth (advanced resolution stereo) as is written on the sticker that's on the dualdisc or tour edition,
    or even... With Teeth (audiophile mastered version) to match, you know, the “official” extension used on last year's nin album?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    That recent dualdisc talk led me to thinking... how do you folks usually organize HD albums on a computer or external storage device?

For example, when ripping, say, With Teeth DVD would you point it to your general “HD music” directory and simply have it named “NIN - With Teeth”,
    or would you put it in your “Nine Inch Nails” directory along with other nin releases and write a note in brackets, such as:
    With Teeth (HD) or With Teeth (24-bit) or With Teeth (advanced resolution stereo) as is written on the sticker that's on the dualdisc or tour edition,
    or even... With Teeth (audiophile mastered version) to match, you know, the “official” extension used on last year's nin album?
    Nine Inch Nails > HQ > With Teeth

As opposed to Nine Inch Nails > MP3 > With Teeth

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Are there scans out there of the With Teeth tour book? I remember someone sharing the Fragility tour book on reddit this past year, and it was a really interesting thing to get the chance to see; I've not found any of the WT one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

every album has its own folder in the artist directory, which has the main/official/no frills tracklist. alternate versions thereof get a subfolder. i mean, doesn't that make the most sense?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    For those of you that have remembered and even bought The Fragile back in 1999-2000, how much did it cost at the time?

I've always noticed that The Fragile was actually always $24.99 in Best Buy and $21.99 in FYE. And in just about any store, I always had to shell out at least a $20.00 bill and $10.00 bill to get it with the tax included, as I often seemed to have no luck getting a brand new copy of The Fragile with a $20.00 bill and a $5.00 bill. (And even if the 5 dollars helped cover it, most of it was spent, so I had to bring a $10.00 bill just to remain on the safe side, since I also saw prices in between $21.99 and $24.99 as well.)

It's nice to see that it's become a lot lower on Amazon.com though, as I've seen Amazon.com itself selling brand new sealed copies of The Fragile in between prices ranging as low as $18.99 to $16.99. Even the FYE near my house ended up doing that shortly before it got liquidated in spite of it being $21.99 most of the time. I'm also asking because I can only go by what I saw since late 2002, since that's when I became a NIN fan.

Oh, and as for why I bought The Fragile multiple times, it's because I actually bought NIN albums as presents before, for those of you that didn't know.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-22-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    For those of you that have remembered and even bought The Fragile back in 1999-2000, how much did it cost at the time?

I've always noticed that The Fragile was actually always $24.99 in Best Buy and $21.99 in FYE. And in just about any store, I always had to shell out at least a $20.00 bill and $10.00 to get it with the tax included, as I often seemed to have no luck getting a brand new copy of The Fragile with a $20.00 bill and a $5.00 bill. (And even if the 5 dollars helped cover it, most of it was spent, so I had to bring a $10.00 bill just to remain on the safe side, since I also saw prices in between $21.99 and $24.99 as well.)

It's nice to see that it's become a lot lower on Amazon.com though, as I've seen Amazon.com itself selling brand new sealed copies of The Fragile in between prices ranging as low as $18.99 to $16.99. Even the FYE near my house ended up doing that shortly before it got liquidated in spite of it being $21.99 most of the time. I'm also asking because I can only go by what I saw since late 2002, since that's when I became a NIN fan.

Oh, and as for why I bought The Fragile multiple times, it's because I actually bought NIN albums as presents before, for those of you that didn't know.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it was around $17-$19 range.

That's a good (fun?) question. I"m sure some of those small record stores that are still around with the same owner from that time would know what a just-released double CD would have cost. Pull a Bart Simpson and call one up. :P

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh, there was yet another question about The Fragile that I forgot to ask.

When The Fragile came out, how hard was it to find it on cassette?

I never collected cassettes when they were still in circulation, but I was at least aware that they were regularly sold in the 1990s, especially when Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and The Downward Spiral were released. Was The Fragile on cassette even a bit rare and difficult to find back then too?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    The Fragile on tape was easy to come by on release day.

IIRC, when the album first came out, it was on sale for something like $21.99, but went back to a regular price of something like $27.99. Checking the Hotline, Amazon had it for pre-order at $17.49 - not sure if shipping was included back then.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Oh, there was yet another question about The Fragile that I forgot to ask.

When The Fragile came out, how hard was it to find it on cassette?

I never collected cassettes when they were still in circulation, but I was at least aware that they were regularly sold in the 1990s, especially when Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and The Downward Spiral were released. Was The Fragile on cassette even a bit rare and difficult to find back then too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The Fragile on tape was easy to come by on release day.

IIRC, when the album first came out, it was on sale for something like $21.99, but went back to a regular price of something like $27.99. Checking the Hotline, Amazon had it for pre-order at $17.49 - not sure if shipping was included back then.

I wonder if they called it "left" and "right" still?...

That would be all sorts of fucked up. Left tape side A, Left tape side B, Right tape side A, etc.

EDIT: Also more of a random NIN thought but since it's somewhat on-topic, wish it was just called "Fragile". Hate to sound like JT from TSN, but it just sounds cleaner without the "The".
    Last edited by Krazy; 12-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I wonder if they called it "left" and "right" still?...

That would be all sorts of fucked up. Left tape side A, Left tape side B, Right tape side A, etc.

EDIT: Also more of a random NIN thought but since it's somewhat on-topic, wish it was just called "Fragile". Hate to sound like JT from TSN, but it just sounds cleaner without the "The".
    They're called "one" and "2". Seriously.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Decided to check Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fra...Nails_album%29

Cassette[edit]

This release is identical to the CD pressing, with the exclusive addition of "+appendage" attached to the end of "Please".
    Side 1.A
    Side 1.B
    Side 2.A
    Side 2.B

EDIT: vinyl info...

inyl[edit]

This release of The Fragile contains the songs "10 Miles High" and "The New Flesh" (both of which were later released as part of the "We're in This Together" single.) The latter track appears on the vinyl version of The Fragile, disc 1 of the European and Japanese "We're in This Together" 3-disc single, and the Australian "Into the Void" single.
    "The Day the World Went Away", "The Wretched", "Even Deeper" and "La Mer" are all extended mixes, while the opening and closing of each side eliminates the crossfading between songs found on the CD and cassette versions, due to the nature of the vinyl medium. Finally, "Ripe" was shortened by removing the conclusive "(With Decay)" portion of the song.
    Disc 1 Side A
    Disc 1 Side B
    Disc 2 Side A
    Disc 2 Side B
    Disc 3 Side A
    Disc 3 Side B

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    those aren't titled sections from the release liner notes, they're just common ways to divvy up by sides.

in fact, going with convention, the vinyl sides should just be titled "side A-F."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    those aren't titled sections from the release liner notes, they're just common ways to divvy up by sides.

in fact, going with convention, the vinyl sides should just be titled "side A-F."
    Should be, but no one told Trent http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-01404

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Okay, this is a long shot, but does anybody collect magazine reviews for nin releases?
    I'm mainly interested in media reaction to March Of The Pigs single in UK, which had “Big man with a gun” and “A violet fluid”, both hinting at very dark and heavy upcoming album. Wondering what critics wrote about direction nin was taking based on that single? If they ever did, of course. I can suspect the single to be unnoticed and any coverage outside USA would belong to full albums, not any singles or ep's. And what were fans' reactions to this MOTP song when it was new? I imagine MOTP could gain as much controversy as “Everything” in 2013. But maybe it was “just as expected”, after broken and fixed, that is.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Okay, this is a long shot, but does anybody collect magazine reviews for nin releases?
    I'm mainly interested in media reaction to March Of The Pigs single in UK, which had “Big man with a gun” and “A violet fluid”, both hinting at very dark and heavy upcoming album. Wondering what critics wrote about direction nin was taking based on that single? If they ever did, of course. I can suspect the single to be unnoticed and any coverage outside USA would belong to full albums, not any singles or ep's. And what were fans' reactions to this MOTP song when it was new? I imagine MOTP could gain as much controversy as “Everything” in 2013. But maybe it was “just as expected”, after broken and fixed, that is.
    http://www.nin-pages.de/album.htm + the interviews area are both good, and the nin hotline of course!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I knew about those sites (how could I not?!), they weren't helpful in the very narrow topic I pinpointed

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm mainly interested in media reaction to March Of The Pigs single in UK, which had “Big man with a gun” and “A violet fluid”, both hinting at very dark and heavy upcoming album. Wondering what critics wrote about direction nin was taking based on that single? .
    Dont know about reviews for March of the Pigs specifically, but The Metal magazines in the UK were always supportive of NIN. But critics in the bigger more important influential UK magazines of the time, NME, Melody Maker, Q, MOJO, Select. were negative and very dismissive. In 1994 they gave any American band a hard time. ( Except Pavement or The Breeders), It was Britpop era and the papers went all nationalistic. Was very weird.
    But they really really liked the Natural Born Killers album, the coolest most hipster people raved about it, that album became a very cool thing to reference here. it got in all the top 20 polls of the year.
    NIN had gained some popularity here by 1994, Downward Spiral went Top 10 which was quite a feat considering they had next to no air time on Radio.
    However now in the UK i think a lot of music journalists realize that the Downward Spiral was very underrated at the time, its quite funny to look at the old reviews.
    Last edited by Exocet; 12-27-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    You guys think maybe they're waiting for the Gone Girl DVD release / Oscar nominations?

You know, waiting to announce the new live DVD?

Seeing all these recent interviews pop up, and not one of them mention a live release, it's a bit concerning.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    You guys think maybe they're waiting for the Gone Girl DVD release / Oscar nominations?

You know, waiting to announce the new live DVD?

Seeing all these recent interviews pop up, and not one of them mention a live release, it's a bit concerning.
    Well almost all of the interviews are dealing with the score work for Gone Girl, so it makes sense that they're not asking Trent about it, and even more sense that they're not asking Atticus. Plus I mean, for the most part isn't it Rob Sheridan doing a lot of the work on it? So I'd figure if anything it's at the moment not really something Trent's immersed in and really working on heavily, rather other people are handling it and he probably steps in to say "Yeah, more like that" or "No, this sucks."

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think I recall reading some time back that NIN was the first to use LED screens/monitors in a concert setting, for Fragility tour. Anyone know if this is true?...

Or maybe it was something along the lines of someone saying U2 ripped them off. Maybe.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I think I recall reading some time back that NIN was the first to use LED screens/monitors in a concert setting, for Fragility tour. Anyone know if this is true?...

Or maybe it was something along the lines of someone saying U2 ripped them off. Maybe.
    I have no idea who the first were, but U2 seems to have done it before NIN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_TV_Tour

(I feel Pink Floyd did something with screens too, pre-Fragility?)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I have no idea who the first were, but U2 seems to have done it before NIN http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_TV_Tour

They did during the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour. You can see it in the Delicate Sound of Thunder movie. I just can't remember if it's a video projection or screens.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    U2 did do it before NIN, but not until the PopMart tour in 1997.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Pretty sure Pink Floyd used projections, and Zoo TV had like, big TV screens? Not LED? But the PopMart tour had that gigantic LED screen, yeah.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, LED screens were not quite a thing yet when ZooTV happened. U2 had all the latest tech for the time, but not LEDs.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So I've heard about David Letterman mentioning the band after they performed at Woodstock '94, but is there any actual footage of that online anywhere? I'd like to see what he said exactly.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    is there a reason why only the WT singles are up on Spotify? After somebody mentioned complications of the flesh I wanted to add it to a playlist...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    is there a reason why only the WT singles are up on Spotify? After somebody mentioned complications of the flesh I wanted to add it to a playlist...
    Because record labels have this quaint notion that anything that's physically out of print can't be available online either. Assholes.

The WITT single(s) were never in print in the US to begin with, but it still pisses me off. I still have hope they'll get rolled up into the Fragile reissue, but I have no regrets for torrenting them in the meantime.