Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    How many of you guys jailbreak your phones, and if so do you guys think it messes with the iPhone's performance?i have done it once and I felt like it seemed a little glitchy
    I jailbroke my 4 on day one, and haven't had any problems with it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^^
    Me too....jailbreaking the iPhone is a must if you ask me. I enjoy the mods like shrink, 5icon dock, and biteSMS is 1000x better than the stock text app

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 09-28-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's all about [IMG=http://static.dba-tech.net/lockinfo/modmyi/screenie2.jpg]LockInfo[/IMG] and for me.
    Last edited by heroicraptor; 09-29-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hmmm...I may wanna JB my 5, when I get my 5... Is it complicated?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Hmmm...I may wanna JB my 5, when I get my 5... Is it complicated?
    No, not now. Back in the day it was crazy what you had to do but now it's done in less than 30seconds

iOS6 isn't completely JB'd yet but give it time, it'll happen

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just sold my 4s yesterday. picked it up out of the box for the first time since i got the 5. wow was it heavy.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    just sold my 4s yesterday. picked it up out of the box for the first time since i got the 5. wow was it heavy.
    How much did you get for your 4s?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    400. it was a 32Gb in near perfect condition with the box and all accessories.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got $225 for my 4. I think the 4s was going for $300 or so on eBay when I checked.

Having a weird problem with my 5. Once every other day or so, the phone reboots itself. No other problems besides that!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    bring it back. my 4 did this for a bit, got to be unbearable. they replaced it for free.

edit: that is, if you have a store near you... definitely worth contacting apple about.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 10-02-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    bring it back. my 4 did this for a bit, got to be unbearable. they replaced it for free.

edit: that is, if you have a store near you... definitely worth contacting apple about.
    No Apple store near me unfortunately, only Verizon.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    same applies though. bring it back to where you got it and/or contact apple. my iphone 4 only did that here or there but then started turning off regularly in my pocket. no questions asked, they replaced it with a new one that has been fine ever since.

waiting till may for a more reasonable upgrade/contract renewal on the 5 myself.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 10-03-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alright cool, I'll probably take it back to Verizon then and see what they say!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    400. it was a 32Gb in near perfect condition with the box and all accessories.
    Damn I gotta hurry up and sell mine

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    whats funny is, i bought it off craigslist last year the week it came out from a dude who preferred his blackberry for only 300 bucks... he wasnt very bright...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I went to see the new Apple store at the Bellevue Square mall in Bellevue, WA (which is a 2nd home city for Microsoft) and this place is HUGE. It seriously is 3x the size of the original location and it now when you walk out the front, it looks down on the Microsoft store. Talk about trying to out shine your competition lol....

We picked up an AppleTV finally and I look forward to messing around with it tonight
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 10-13-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "AppleInsider briefly mentions that Apple appears set to launch updated iMacs on October 24, the day after the company's rumored media event."

Hopefully it's true this time around. My student discount ends October 30th!

From Macrumors:

As part of its report detailing part numbers for the "iPad mini", AppleInsider briefly mentions that Apple appears set to launch updated iMacs on October 24, the day after the company's rumored media event.The person also added that Apple is rumored to begin selling new iMac desktops on Oct. 24, one day after the anticipated Oct. 23 event.

While there have been rumblings of an iMac update for some time, and earlier this week we shared a report claiming that the new models will be thinner than current ones, today's report appears to be the first to specifically claim that they will launch next week.

For those keeping track, Apple's plans for next week now appear to include the iPad mini, updated iMacs, a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, and updated Mac mini models.

Update 8:49 AM: 9to5Mac has now posted the four new iMac model numbers, which presumably correspond to two different standard configurations each of the 21.5-inch and 27-inch models, although the report claims that at least some configurations may not ship until several weeks after their introduction. This would presumably refer to the 27-inch models, which have reportedly been suffering from lower yields on the display-glass lamination process and have been rumored to be seeing a later launch than their smaller counterparts.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/16/...tes-next-week/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Guesses on a 13" MacBook Pro Retina price?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Guesses on a 13" MacBook Pro Retina price?
    Somewhere between "too much" and "waaaaay too much".

Typed from my dented, cracked, overheated, and noisy as hell first gen Macbook Pro. So take that pricing information with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I can't believe how shitty the quality of the iPhone 5's case is. I know all the hardware has been improved, but the iPhone 5 itself looks and feels cheap compared to the iPhone 4S. I wish they just would have kept the design of the iPhone 4S and enlarged the dimensions to the ones of iPhone 5.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    The girlfriend and I went big today....

New MacBook Air for her....

64GB iPhone 5 (full retail) for me!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Better put a case on that butch. Mines scratched to hell after 2 weeks. And I NEVER had a case on my 4s.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Better put a case on that butch. Mines scratched to hell after 2 weeks. And I NEVER had a case on my 4s.
    I'm super protective over my phones I bought what I feel has been one of the best case styles for the iPhone 4/4s/5. It's the double cover from Icipio. Now I'm just waiting on my body armor to come in

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I hate cases. But I've been waiting for a battery case. With my business the phone is dead by noon. But there are no cases available yet. So I've just been waiting. And in the meantime the phone now looks like total shit. So I'm going to break it and use my contacts at the Genius Bar to swap it. As soon as one is available.

Shady but I don't care. I spent 500 bucks on this thing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I hate cases. But I've been waiting for a battery case. With my business the phone is dead by noon. But there are no cases available yet. So I've just been waiting. And in the meantime the phone now looks like total shit. So I'm going to break it and use my contacts at the Genius Bar to swap it. As soon as one is available.

Shady but I don't care. I spent 500 bucks on this thing.
    Did you get AppleCare? They will swap that shit out no matter what.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Apple care is a waste of money to me. I used to work at the store. I know everybody there. They do what I need to have done.

For the average person tho... I suggest Apple Care...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I read about all of the scuffing and got a decent one that's done a great job protecting so far. Went with one from Best Buy, Griffin reveal I think. Got a black phone so I got the white bumper. Looked pretty sick for the first few days, but now being in my pants, the white has gotten all blue and dirty. Hope someone comes out with a sweet case soon that doesn't break the bank.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So my Gmail accounts have decided to randomly quit working on my iMac and my iPhone out of the blue, and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I can send email through the webbrowser but cannot access the accounts through the Mail program or my phone. I was able to set up the gmail account on someone else's phone and access my mail but yet, I am unable to on my own phone.

Every time I try to access I get this message:

The Google IMAP server “imap.gmail.com” is not responding. Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages.
    Does anyone know what the hell that means and how I can fix that?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I read about all of the scuffing and got a decent one that's done a great job protecting so far. Went with one from Best Buy, Griffin reveal I think. Got a black phone so I got the white bumper. Looked pretty sick for the first few days, but now being in my pants, the white has gotten all blue and dirty. Hope someone comes out with a sweet case soon that doesn't break the bank.
    Incipio Double Cover.....