Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    As long as people don't vote him into the office, or allow him anywhere near teaching or medical job, let him believe whatever the fuck he wants. I just hope his kids (if he has any) are vaccinated.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    His interview makes me feel better about my stance on Ohms.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The Shinoda remix is very underwhelming. It is frustrating that he threw the vocals without any significant edit over a lackluster second rate trap step instrumental. 0 zero points for creativity. He's probably a flat earther too.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Where are these guys managers to stop them from saying this shit?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    If you listen very, very closely during the part in HITE where Chino is singing "There's a hole in the earth, I'm out.." you can hear Steph harmonizing "No vaccine's ever worked, no doubt.."

I mean, this is the same guy who has brainwashed 3/4 of the ever-so-whining Deftones fanbase and now Chino himself into thinking that Gore is a bad album, and took 4.5 years to come up with rehashed bargain basement riffs for their latest album Boredohms. Are we really surprised by any of this..?

"If you think you live on a spinning, flying space ball, you're in a cult."

Spoken like a true burnout. Great stuff, I laughed pretty hard..

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not surprising AT ALL, considering when Gore was coming out the promo shot they used of the band had Stef wearing a Trump shirt.

Doesn't change how I feel about the deftones at all, but now when I hear them I can chuckle knowing Stef is a giant flat earth moron.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    They should fire Steph from Deftones if he's a Trump supporter. It's the only logical thing to do. Isn't Abe also a notable Trumper? Fire his ass, too. The band will be fine. Chino proved with Gore that he can carry the band into new dimensions if he has to..

That being said, it is nothing short of mind-blowing that it took them nearly five years to come up with an underwhelming, dumb-downed boilerplate album like Ohms when they have a whackjob of this caliber as their guitarist. If I had been this interviewer, I would have kept him talking for hours about aliens, Trump, the moon landing, the magic bullet theory, the pyramids of fuckin' Giza, etc. just to see what kind of off the rails shit would come out of his mouth, until his management literally tackled him and cut the Zoom feed..

10/10 would read again and would pay good $$$ to watch Steph and Noel Gallagher have a conversation about literally anything, lmfao..

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    They should fire Steph from Deftones if he's a Trump supporter. It's the only logical thing to do. Isn't Abe also a notable Trumper? Fire his ass, too. The band will be fine. Chino proved with Gore that he can carry the band into new dimensions if he has to..

That being said, it is nothing short of mind-blowing that it took them nearly five years to come up with an underwhelming, dumb-downed boilerplate album like Ohms when they have a whackjob of this caliber as their guitarist. If I had been this interviewer, I would have kept him talking for hours about aliens, Trump, the moon landing, the magic bullet theory, the pyramids of fuckin' Giza, etc. just to see what kind of off the rails shit would come out of his mouth, until his management literally tackled him and cut the Zoom feed..

10/10 would read again and would pay good $$$ to watch Steph and Noel Gallagher have a conversation about literally anything, lmfao..
    Why should they fire them? because they have stupid opinions?

I agree with everyone that his opinions reek of ignorance, but firing him? the guy plays guitar, he's not a politician or runs the W.H.O.
    Firing Steph or Abe would be a disaster, specially Steph, his Riffs are 80% the sound of the band, even Chino can't carry the band alone, Steph is the counterweight to Chino's "Indie sensibilities".

So i don't agree, i think this whole thing is getting far more attention than it deserves...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Why should they fire them? because they have stupid opinions?

I agree with everyone that his opinions reek of ignorance, but firing him? the guy plays guitar, he's not a politician or runs the W.H.O.
    Firing Steph or Abe would be a disaster, specially Steph, his Riffs are 80% the sound of the band, even Chino can't carry the band alone, Steph is the counterweight to Chino's "Indie sensibilities".

So i don't agree, i think this whole thing is getting far more attention than it deserves...
    the problem with having someone like that in a band, someone who's in the public eye, spreading misinformation, is that it encourages other people to believe all that bullshit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the problem with having someone like that in a band, someone who's in the public eye, spreading misinformation, is that it encourages other people to believe all that bullshit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But we are thinking individuals, aren't we?
    Steph believing this bullshit doesn't change me beliefs, nor it should change anyone else's.

We need to start to be more responsible on what WE believe, not what others do, i like many bands that do heavy drugs, did they turn me into a Junkie? Not.

"Cancelling" Steph will only end up in a disaster for the band, trust me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    But we are thinking individuals, aren't we?
    Steph believing this bullshit doesn't change me beliefs, nor it should change anyone else's.

We need to start to be more responsible on what WE believe, not what others do, i like many bands that do heavy drugs, did they turn me into a Junkie? Not.

"Cancelling" Steph will only end up in a disaster for the band, trust me.
    oh i was just saying that's a thing that tends to happen. people see a musician/actor/celebrity they admire acting a certain way or believing a certain thing and they think it adds credence to that action/belief.

that said, people should do their own research and not just blindly believe shit...especially when that shit has no factual evidence to support it.

i don't think he should get "cancelled" by any means; i hope the rest of the band talks some sense into him.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Abe and Steph are Trumpers. Chino's good friend is the musician Tommy Vext who is a hardcore Trumper (read Vexts fb. He makes Hannity sound liberal). My guess is Chino is down with the orange man as well but will not come out and say it. I wish he would come out and admit it just so I can watch the meltdown of the fanbase like the guys on reddit having nervous breakdowns about how they are cancelling the band they have loved for 25 years because the stoner guitar player has some marijuana/LSD infused whacked out theories on the world.......Billy Corgan claims that lizard reptilian people roam the earth. Billy boy makes Steph sound like a fucking Harvard professor

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    @Prettybrokenspiral has a point. Gore is miles ahead of Ohms (Even though I thoroughly disagree it being boring) but we were handed Deftones best effort while their lead guitarist was sulking in a corner... That speaks miles to me.

With that said, the dude can believe whatever he wants, but his view is so warped I cannot see even their younger fan base believing that crap, but you know some def will and run with it... Maybe have a sit down with the guy (Any of the band members) about the misinformation. Even if all members are Trumpers, no way the rest of the band doesn't find this nuts.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gore (aka Def minus Steph) > Ohms (Steph forces Def to copy Def)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i don't think he should get "cancelled" by any means; i hope the rest of the band talks some sense into him.
    At least tell him "stop fuckin' it up, dude", lol

Deftones had such a great year, i don't want one of my favorite bands ending it in such a bad note, sorry if i got too upset...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    At least tell him "stop fuckin' it up, dude", lol

Deftones had such a great year, i don't want one of my favorite bands ending it in such a bad note, sorry if i got too upset...
    nah, we're good! i understand where you're coming from <3

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    man what's with all the Ohms hate now?

my opinion on Gore has not changed since Ohms. It's a decent album that is weighed down by its god awful production and mixing. Ohms blows it out of the park imo.

@Helpmeiaminhell I never heard about Abe being a trump supporter, that sorta surprises me. And, for what it's worth, That trump hoody Stef was wearing was advertising his golf place and Stef is a big time golfer, so make of that as you will

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I am surprised Chino hasn't done damage control yet because he did lots of damage control after Steph destroyed Gore in the press in 2016. My guess is Steph will be fired within the month and they will say it was an "amicable" split. I wonder who the next guitar player will be. Would love to see Ben Weinman from DEP get the gig

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I am surprised Chino hasn't done damage control yet because he did lots of damage control after Steph destroyed Gore in the press in 2016. My guess is Steph will be fired within the month and they will say it was an "amicable" split. I wonder who the next guitar player will be. Would love to see Ben Weinman from DEP get the gig
    LOL are you actually serious? Come off it, man.

These dudes have been together since the late 80s. Do you REALLY think that while we as a fanbase are just finding this out, that the dudes in Deftones haven't known Stef feels this way for years? They're not going to fire their brother because of that. When it comes down to it, who the fuck cares. Does the guitarist of Deftones being a flat earther actually affect ANYONE'S lives? Nah man. Ya'll need to chill.

Like, I get it, it's crazy and disappointing to find out one of your favorite musicians is a flat earther/anti vaxxer, but good god lets not act like Stef is out here fighting off multiple horrible sexual assault allegations or something. SHOCKER... lifetime stoner dude who plays a 9 string guitar in a metal band has lifetime stoner opinions.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What's the source on Abe being a trump supporter?

Fucking hell, what a heartbreak

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That a bunch of celebs support Trump or believe weird, terrible shit shouldn't be all that surprising. Making good music doesn't make you smart.

As for Ohms hate, it's a good album but, in my opinion, their worst effort in a long time.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 11-14-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    The Ohms hate is just part of a larger natural fanbase reaction; they do this with every Deftones album. They praised Gore to the high heavens when it was leaking out, and now you'd think it was the S/T Motley Crue album the way people rag on it. I knew once the honeymoon phase was over -- usually about six weeks -- that people would start shitting on Ohms, and here we are. It's just not that good compared to their other albums. It's safe, overproduced, and manages the rare feat of sounding over-labored and at the same time like it was banged out in about a month..

Even the fans on the Deftones subreddit and the large contingency of fans over at the PRP are starting to put Gore over Ohms, and rightfully so. Bad production and all, it's still a way better album as far as originality goes. At least they were thinking outside the box on that one. Ohms sounds like they picked their 10 favorite Deftones songs from the first eight albums and then ran them through an Adrenaline song app..

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Ohms is middling Deftones for me. It’s strange comparing it to Gore, at least for me. I feel like they even out in the end.

”Prayers/Triangles” and “Hearts/Wires” are both better songs than anything on Ohms but they’re also the only songs I like on Gore and I dig more songs on Ohms easily. Diamond Eyes is in this middle territory as well.

I think I’ve said it before but if I haven’t, the only Deftones album I outright hate is Adrenaline. S/T is my second least favorite but again, there’s still quite a few good songs on it (“Hexagram,” “Pins And Needles,” “Minerva” and “Battle Axe”).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Ohms is middling Deftones for me. It’s strange comparing it to Gore, at least for me. I feel like they even out in the end.

”Prayers/Triangles” and “Hearts/Wires” are both better songs than anything on Ohms but they’re also the only songs I like on Gore and I dig more songs on Ohms easily. Diamond Eyes is in this middle territory as well.

I think I’ve said it before but if I haven’t, the only Deftones album I outright hate is Adrenaline. S/T is my second least favorite but again, there’s still quite a few good songs on it (“Hexagram,” “Pins And Needles,” “Minerva” and “Battle Axe”).
    FWIW, on Metacritic Ohms has a rating of 87 and a user score of 8.9, while Gore has a critics rating of 81 and a user score of 8.0. Would be hard to say how statistically accurate these numbers are but they are an indicator that Ohms is generally regarded in a more positive light than Gore amongst the general fan base. I prefer Ohms over Gore a lot more, but that’s just me. Gore is also a good album.

On another note, you should check out the memes of Stephen on Reddit, they show a flat earth on these new promos of Black Stallion (the ones that show the Earth) and also plays on the song “Hole in the Earth”, they are too funny!

”Can someone correct this for Steph?”

“Corrected for Stephen”

Last edited by cahernandez; 11-14-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Damn, Ohms sure got some hate real quick. Still a solid but yes, middling Deftones album to me. If Gore had this production it would have been in my top 3 though.

When it comes to Stephen, I don't believe in 'cancelling' people - 'cancel culture' a totally absurd product of the times we live in, especially on the internet. Leave the dude to his opinions, as crazy as they are. It has absolutely no effect on my love for Deftones - as long as he can keep churning out these riffs I don't give a fuck.
    Last edited by Jord; 11-14-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I don't believe a band has to take risks to make a solid album this far into their career. Was I expecting a little more? Sure... But to say that they just played it safe and were on autopilot pretty much? Nah... If anything, Diamond Eyes for me sounded like the band playing it safe, but I'm sure I'm in the minority when it comes to enjoying Ohms much much more than Diamond Eyes.

Gore is most likely the best Deftones material we may ever get and I'm totally fine with that.

Plus, not many in here discuss the lyrics which I find hauntingly beautiful and much more focused on the theme of the album; that type of shit speaks to me. Ohms is a solid record.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-14-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I don't believe a band has to take risks to make a solid album this far into their career. Was I expecting a little more? Sure... But to say that they just played it safe and were on autopilot pretty much? Nah... If anything, Diamond Eyes for me sounded like the band playing it safe, but I'm sure I'm in the minority when it comes to enjoying Ohms much much more than Diamond Eyes.

Gore is most likely the best Deftones material we may ever get and I'm totally fine with that.

Plus, not many in here discuss the lyrics which I find hauntingly beautiful and much more focused on the theme of the album; that type of shit speaks to me. Ohms is a solid record.

Oh no, This album broke Diamond Eyes for me. I'd rank it higher than that album and Diamond eyes has my fave deftones song on that record, Sextape. I do agree with Jord though. If Gore had at the very least the same production as it did with Ohms, i'd be a Solid B ranking album for me, no questions ask.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Oh no, This album broke Diamond Eyes for me. I'd rank it higher than that album and Diamond eyes has my fave deftones song on that record, Sextape. I do agree with Jord though. If Gore had at the very least the same production as it did with Ohms, i'd be a Solid B ranking album for me, no questions ask.
    Agreed. Once I got my headphones and heard Gore on a respectable stereo system, I can hear how it sticks out like a sore thumb to many, but messy production aside, it's an ace for me. Sextape on the other hand has turned into one of my favorite all time Deftones tracks.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/11/1...vaxx-backlash/

Well, Stef responded to the backlash

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stef, perhaps you should just not try to "apologize," you only come off worse.