Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just listened to Diamond Eyes again for the first time in many months. This album is still so damn good. I remember the first time I heard this album I sat up until like 3am listening to it on repeat, jaw practically on the floor. Hard to believe they produced one of their career highlights in the face of losing an integral member of the band. Also, I think "976-EVIL" is a very underrated song. To me it has the vibe they seemed to be going for on Saturday Night Wrist, but with much more focus and much better lyrics.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Just listened to Diamond Eyes again for the first time in many months. This album is still so damn good.
    i think thats the sole reason the deftones are still viable artistically. besides parts of adrenaline, and a few on saturday night wrist imo, most of their songs last over time. great band all around.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Loving these instrumentals. I've always assumed Chino's voice was the major thing that separated Deftones from other heavy bands, but listening to these, its very clear to me that everyone in the band is extremely talented. If they released an instrumental album it would still be great.

One other thing: Those regulars on the sharinglungs board...ummm, yeah.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    One other thing: Those regulars on the sharinglungs board...ummm, yeah.
    Yeah, I go there to lurk and look for good downloads, but that's about it. Some of those frequent posters just seem irrational and overly intense about stuff. It's why I appreciate this board so much and why I would much rather talk about other topics I like on this board than go somewhere else. I think this board has large number of rational, intelligent people that can have discussions that don't devolve into name calling and petty crap. At least that I've seen.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Oh, yeah sharinglungs is maybe the worst board i have ever seen. I go in, do my business, and try to leave without reading anything else... Lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Team Sleep has returned.

For a whopping FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS here you can witness it all.

“Dear friends,
    Please join us as we create our next record in Woodstock, New York. We’ll gather at Applehead studio, near the base of the Catskill mountains to eat, write, play and record. For a long time, business people, logistics, careers, adulthood, families and the House Republicans have thwarted us, but we’ve continued to make music. At the same time, the creative process has become increasingly fragmented and dehumanized.
    With that in mind, we’re very excited to get together with our dear friends, hang out, play music and have a unique experience in a beautiful place. We’d like you to be there, too. Your participation will be essential to the independent creation and release of the live performance and our forthcoming studio record; we look forward to seeing you.
    Chino Moreno
    Todd Wilkinson
    Crook Molina
    Zach Hill
    Rick Verret
    Chuck X

What the five bills gets you:

“-A hooded sweatshirt with a design which will not be sold outside of this event ( please include your size)
    -Silk-screened posters hand made by the band and signed
    -A CD featuring previously unreleased music
    -A listening party to hear new material the band is working on
    -A local, gourmet meal with the band provided Sunfrost Farms
    -An in-studio experience with question and answer session as the band works on and records new songs
    -A live performance featuring new and old songs
    -limited run vinyl of the audio from the live recordings
    -A digital download of the audio from the live recordings
    -A digital download of the video from the event”

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    daaaaamn... $500 eh? that's a bit steep, but just a little bit enticing. if this was the same thing for say seeing the Deftones do their thang, that would be an easy "Yes!" i did enjoy Team Sleep's stuff.

hey, whatever happened to those mini-live releases? i know they did one for Adrenaline... what happened to Around The Fur's? i thought it was going to be a series

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This is EXCELLENT news!!!! I fucking love Team Sleep and still own about 63 tracks from the set up. I'm wondering if the disc has any songs I don't have??? I would love to witness this deal but that is just too much money. I wanna know what the dam hoodie is gonna look like.... dammit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    TS is a band I always thought never reached its full potential, really glad to see they're giving it another go. Always has been my favorite of Chino's non-deftones output.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    hmmmmmmm
    this might happen

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    hey, whatever happened to those mini-live releases? i know they did one for Adrenaline... what happened to Around The Fur's? i thought it was going to be a series
    They got scrapped due to lack of interest in the project. Someone from SharingLungs created the Around The Fur one as an April Fools joke earlier this year, and then once people got really stoked on that, I think they decided to the rest of the series themselves, but I haven't followed up to see if they've completed any other ones.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    They got scrapped due to lack of interest in the project.
    thanks richardp, pretty much i should grab the Adrenaline live on vinyl since it's gonna become a real collectior's item one day after the rest of the releases were scrapped???
    i did think it was a little dumb just having a few live tracks. would have been better if they put out a full show recorded from each different album era.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    fuuuuuck gotta get to new york though goddammit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think that's a pretty good value actually.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    They got scrapped due to lack of interest in the project.
    Lack of interest from whom? They were a limited Record Store Day item. I bet if they would have given it a digital distribution, it would have generated much more buzz and interest.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Lack of interest from whom? They were a limited Record Store Day item. I bet if they would have given it a digital distribution, it would have generated much more buzz and interest.
    The record label and consumers. That Adrenaline release didn't really sell for shit, and if I remember correctly it took like a month for the 1,000 copies on Deftones.com to sell out. For something that people weren't exactly chomping at the bit to scoop up, I highly doubt Maverick Records was willing to shell out all the cash to do 6 more releases of that. I agree, it should all be release digitally, but as for each release getting pressed, that shit's dead in the water.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This is EXCELLENT news!!!! I fucking love Team Sleep and still own about 63 tracks from the set up. I'm wondering if the disc has any songs I don't have??? I would love to witness this deal but that is just too much money. I wanna know what the dam hoodie is gonna look like.... dammit.
    You have 63 unique Team Sleep songs? Damn, homie.

I'm still a huge fan of this album.

It's kind of a shame that Maverick sabotaged their debut and, as Chino said, "sucked the wind from the sails". They were really onto something great with this first album. I hope the break has rejuvenated the spirit of the group.
    Last edited by nobies; 08-29-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    You have 63 unique Team Sleep songs? Damn, homie.

I'm still a huge fan of this album.

I love the album and seeing them perform Smashing Pumpkins' "The Aeroplane Flies High" was an amazing concert highlight!

If you know where I can get a download of this unmastered version of the album, somebody please PM me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    you might have some luck at sharinglungs.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I love the album and seeing them perform Smashing Pumpkins' "The Aeroplane Flies High" was an amazing concert highlight!

If you know where I can get a download of this unmastered version of the album, somebody please PM me.
    guy who posted it on youtube is an arse and wont share.

a slightly different version has been floating around forever now in 192 kbps quality for like a decade though

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Get a Team Sleep room, please.

I'm in a bad mood, or else I would make the thread myself. But I also have never liked the band so that wouldn't be right.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-29-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    But there are already 3 threads for bands Chino is in and they all have pretty similar discussions!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I don't see how that makes Team Sleep discussion worthy in the Deftones thread.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    One thread combining all Chino/Deftones related things would be fine with me...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Crosses thread is doing just fine, a Team Sleep one would do the same.

It's not a matter of saving the site from more information being created, but of sparing the annoyance of having to take a moment to discern if what's being discussed in a given post is Deftones, Palms, Team Sleep, or Crosses related.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes, because the thread is just so busy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There is definitely that brief moment of "OMG DEFTONES NEWS????...........*click*......oh, no, damn"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Simple fucking principle.

I will now leave the Team Sleep thread.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    y u haff to be mad

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ohhh you guys.... I'll make the dam TS thread