Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I was walking my dog through a neighboring apartment complex the other day - and someone had just fucking left a fully-assembled Gundam perfect grade model kit, in box, valued at around $200-250, sitting on the curb. A note was taped to it saying "Everything here - like new! " Jesus Christ. WHY?? IT'S SO COOL! It has wiring for inner LED lights and everything. It was just loosely sitting in the box, so I had to reassemble part of it and rewire a couple parts, but otherwise nearly everything is there and works. I'll get it all posed-up and stuff and share a picture for those of us here into models and figures and the like - as soon as I have a working phone again, heh. But this thing is HUGE compared to the low-grade model kits I used to get when I was a little kid just getting into anime and watching Gundam Wing after school every day.

https://www.usagundamstore.com/produ...ant=3314303684

With it was a tiny remote-control tank, which has given me and my dog endless entertainment.

Thank you, complete stranger!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I was walking my dog through a neighboring apartment complex the other day - and someone had just fucking left a fully-assembled Gundam perfect grade model kit, in box, valued at around $200-250, sitting on the curb. A note was taped to it saying "Everything here - like new! " Jesus Christ. WHY?? IT'S SO COOL! It has wiring for inner LED lights and everything. It was just loosely sitting in the box, so I had to reassemble part of it and rewire a couple parts, but otherwise nearly everything is there and works. I'll get it all posed-up and stuff and share a picture for those of us here into models and figures and the like - as soon as I have a working phone again, heh. But this thing is HUGE compared to the low-grade model kits I used to get when I was a little kid just getting into anime and watching Gundam Wing after school every day.

https://www.usagundamstore.com/produ...ant=3314303684

With it was a tiny remote-control tank, which has given me and my dog endless entertainment.

Thank you, complete stranger!
    HOLY SHIT!

That's freaking awesome! Why would someone leave a fully assembled PERFECT GRADE UNICORN GUNDAM! Like not only is that expensive, but perfect grades take a freaking LOOOOOOOOONG time to actually build! (So far i've only managed to build a couple of Master Grades and they took nearly 9 hours each! I can only imagine how much longer a Perfect Grade would take!) That's super freaking lucky!